General The Owners - Where Are We At?

You have absolutely no idea of the questions I ask directly of people involved with the club because the relevant bodies are either unable or unwilling to.

The club made a public promise and didn’t keep it. It’s not difficult to understand that it’s poor form or to see that there are people who do care about that, even if you don’t, but for some reason you’ve chosen to try to turn it into something it isn’t.

Given you already made this exchange needlessly personal with repeated petulant comments about me and “my followers”, I get the feeling that your stance isn’t anything to do with the point at hand and is everything to do with trying to have a pop.

Here’s a question that nobody has ever answered, which also brings this thread back on topic for good measure:

Exactly how much of the football club is currently owned by Pairoj Piempongsant, what is his involvement in the club and its associated business interests moving forward, and is there a plan to acquire his shares and see him disassociated with the football club in the future if this has not already occurred?

Furthermore, can the board please inform us where (and more importantly who) the money transferred into the football club during 2018 and early 2019 was sourced from, and whether or not the people or companies providing those funds have been repaid or whether they still have a vested interest in the club and by association, the new stadium moving forward? This was the period of time when Tiger was the sole owner and the club faced three winding-up petitions in a single season, because there were constant issues with money being moved into the UK. Whose money was it, and is the club still in their debt?

Speaking of the stadium: can the board please provide basic, ballpark estimates and details of how much they anticipate the stadium project to cost, how it will be funded beyond simply claiming that “the markets” will provide capital, and how much debt the football club is likely to be liable for as a result?

In addition to this, can the board tell us if there is a plan for the 26/27 season in the event that we are not in a fully operational new stadium by this point, given we are merely 2.5 years from our deal with Firoz Kassam coming to an end? Is there a scenario where the football club may be forced to play outside of the county for a period of time, and if so, have they already discussed this with both the EFL and any potential landlords? If not, when do they intend do so in order to safeguard the club against all eventualities?

Given these are some of the most pressing questions anybody could possibly ask the owners and directors of Oxford United, I fully expect that since a fans’ forum would be so pointless and unnecessary, both the OUSP and OxVox will be able to obtain answers to these questions swiftly and easily.

Keep purposefully ignoring the point. Caring is sharing.
Thanks for finally sharing, what are perfectly reasonable, probing and possibly,pertinent questions .
You got there in the end 😉

Last edited:
After my indoctrination on here at Sarge’s hands, if I attended a FF, I couldn’t trust myself not to ask, at the first opportunity, what the club is doing about the provision of craft beers and farmhouse ciders.
….. and why we can’t have a referee at least ONE Saturday a season who can tell his a**e from his elbow.

Where do I found out if I have any followers?

I have some small errands which need sorting in the next few days, and I really can’t be arsed with them.

Where do I found out if I have any followers?

I have some small errands which need sorting in the next few days, and I really can’t be arsed with them.
Speakers Corner is a good place to start.

• React
Reactions: MJB
You and your followers come across as feeling rather bitter and appearing to harbour a strong dislike,for those currently charged with the running of our club .
You mention how things got worse last season-well again, we are in this season and I see no signs of that set of circumstances,repeating themselves.
You also mention OUSP and last season.
Again,we are now in this season and OUSP have not indicated any major issues with our owners or executives-quite the opposite.
I’m also, not hearing tales of woe from OxVox.
I and many others on here, are also life members of OxVox- it’s not an exclusive club !
I ask again,what is it you wish raise, that can only be aired at an in person fans forum ?

There's also this to consider: https://thefsa.org.uk/our-work/supporter-engagement/premier-league-and-efl-rules/

You have absolutely no idea of the questions I ask directly of people involved with the club because the relevant bodies are either unable or unwilling to.

The club made a public promise and didn’t keep it. It’s not difficult to understand that it’s poor form or to see that there are people who do care about that, even if you don’t, but for some reason you’ve chosen to try to turn it into something it isn’t.

Given you already made this exchange needlessly personal with repeated petulant comments about me and “my followers”, I get the feeling that your stance isn’t anything to do with the point at hand and is everything to do with trying to have a pop.

Here’s a question that nobody has ever answered, which also brings this thread back on topic for good measure:

Exactly how much of the football club is currently owned by Pairoj Piempongsant, what is his involvement in the club and its associated business interests moving forward, and is there a plan to acquire his shares and see him disassociated with the football club in the future if this has not already occurred?

Furthermore, can the board please inform us where (and more importantly who) the money transferred into the football club during 2018 and early 2019 was sourced from, and whether or not the people or companies providing those funds have been repaid or whether they still have a vested interest in the club and by association, the new stadium moving forward? This was the period of time when Tiger was the sole owner and the club faced three winding-up petitions in a single season, because there were constant issues with money being moved into the UK. Whose money was it, and is the club still in their debt?

Speaking of the stadium: can the board please provide basic, ballpark estimates and details of how much they anticipate the stadium project to cost, how it will be funded beyond simply claiming that “the markets” will provide capital, and how much debt the football club is likely to be liable for as a result?

In addition to this, can the board tell us if there is a plan for the 26/27 season in the event that we are not in a fully operational new stadium by this point, given we are merely 2.5 years from our deal with Firoz Kassam coming to an end? Is there a scenario where the football club may be forced to play outside of the county for a period of time, and if so, have they already discussed this with both the EFL and any potential landlords? If not, when do they intend do so in order to safeguard the club against all eventualities?

Given these are some of the most pressing questions anybody could possibly ask the owners and directors of Oxford United, I fully expect that since a fans’ forum would be so pointless and unnecessary, both the OUSP and OxVox will be able to obtain answers to these questions swiftly and easily.

I’m not ‘having a pop’, but I don’t think those questions would be answered in a public meeting. Aren’t they more things for OxVox to put forward? I’d like to know the answers too.

I’m just jealous that I don’t have ‘followers’.

Boom

I’m not ‘having a pop’, but I don’t think those questions would be answered in a public meeting. Aren’t they more things for OxVox to put forward? I’d like to know the answers too.

Posing questions in a public forum isn’t necessarily about getting answers there and then - it’s about putting the questions on the record and getting eyes on. It makes something a live issue that will need resolving rather than ignoring, otherwise the attention only grows the longer they refuse to engage. Which is exactly why avoiding such an environment can be very beneficial if you’re somebody who would rather not have to answer any questions.

I’m baptising my latest batch of followers on Sunday. I’ll be dunking them in the water hazard by the 17th green at Papa Grant’s favourite golf course. I would love to have you.

How does anybody know if OxVox are putting these specific questions forward?

And what if they're not?

But what if they have, and they haven't been able to tell anyone the answers, or haven't been given the answers?

A public forum removes all of these uncertainties. The questions are asked, and the club will either answer them (good) or won't (bad).

The OUSP minutes are interesting.
2 fans forums per season ( plus lots more).....

Posing questions in a public forum isn’t necessarily about getting answers there and then - it’s about putting the questions on the record and getting eyes on. It makes something a live issue that will need resolving rather than ignoring, otherwise the attention only grows the longer they refuse to engage. Which is exactly why avoiding such an environment can be very beneficial if you’re somebody who would rather not have to answer any questions.

I’m baptising my latest batch of followers on Sunday. I’ll be dunking them in the water hazard by the 17th green at Papa Grant’s favourite golf course. I would love to have you.
Exactly this, Fans Forums ARE important

Missed this first time around.
Surely PP and 'Jack' Srisumrid and the other Shinawatra front men at Empire Asia still own 10% of the club, but have no stake in the stadium development company?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom