General The Owners - Where Are We At?

I think the thing with FF is that the club likely wonder about the worth given how many people normally turn up.

Obviously holding people to account is necessary, a fan's forum is not the way.

Maybe eventually these busy people will find a bit of time to indulge supporters who want to feel important and ask silly questions, probably once planning permission has been sorted out. In the mean time people should join oxvox and allow them to hold the club to account.

If they hadn’t promised it of their own free will, almost nobody would care. Such a stupid own goal.

You can bet they’ll do it at the end of the season if we get promoted, mind.
What burning questions do you need to ask, that cannot be advanced via OUSP or OxVox ?

What burning questions do you need to ask, that cannot be advanced via OUSP or OxVox ?
The same OUSP that went on the radio last season and said the club was dodging them and wouldn’t arrange a meeting as promised, let alone fulfil their own suggestion of a proper forum with the wider fanbase? Excellent. As for OxVox, of which I’m a life member… yeah.

The football club said they would hold a forum - nobody forced their hand. They arrogantly assumed that things would improve and they could come back and tell everyone they were silly to moan before, but when things got worse they ran away and hid. Ferguson flew in and out of the country several times with such stealth that he wouldn’t even allow himself to be photographed, while Williams hired goons to eyeball people from the director’s box if they ever shouted in his direction.

I don’t need anybody to ask my questions for me, because I can ask them directly, and do. But many people don’t have that option and have been promised something that the club should honour. Again, they made the offer.

All you have to do is join Grant Fergusons golf club, find out what times he plays and “accidentally” bump into him to ask him questions, honestly, the fuss some people make when for a little bit of effort and a huge cash outlay this is an easily solvable problem.

All you have to do is join Grant Fergusons golf club, find out what times he plays and “accidentally” bump into him to ask him questions, honestly, the fuss some people make when for a little bit of effort and a huge cash outlay this is an easily solvable problem.
I usually grab a snorkel and wait for him in the water near the 8th green. I once tried to bury myself in the bunker just off the 14th so that I could burst out at him like a mummy, but it wasn’t deep enough and I was apprehended by the course marshal. They carted me off in a buggy before I could start screaming questions regarding half-season tickets and the lack of online discounts for season ticket holders.

I usually grab a snorkel and wait for him in the water near the 8th green. I once tried to bury myself in the bunker just off the 14th so that I could burst out at him like a mummy, but it wasn’t deep enough and I was apprehended by the course marshal. They carted me off in a buggy before I could start screaming questions regarding half-season tickets and the lack of online discounts for season ticket holders.

Well I was going to suggest becoming a caddy if you can’t afford the green fees but whatever works for you.

The zoom calls on the stadium they could also do with regard the running of the club. A brief update on the past few months from various departments, what they are planning to improve in the next 3, then a QandA session at the end (could be just OxVox’s collected questions so no silly ones) It doesn’t need to be face to face or too long, just do one every qtr

The same OUSP that went on the radio last season and said the club was dodging them and wouldn’t arrange a meeting as promised, let alone fulfil their own suggestion of a proper forum with the wider fanbase? Excellent. As for OxVox, of which I’m a life member… yeah.

The football club said they would hold a forum - nobody forced their hand. They arrogantly assumed that things would improve and they could come back and tell everyone they were silly to moan before, but when things got worse they ran away and hid. Ferguson flew in and out of the country several times with such stealth that he wouldn’t even allow himself to be photographed, while Williams hired goons to eyeball people from the director’s box if they ever shouted in his direction.

I don’t need anybody to ask my questions for me, because I can ask them directly, and do. But many people don’t have that option and have been promised something that the club should honour. Again, they made the offer.
You and your followers come across as feeling rather bitter and appearing to harbour a strong dislike,for those currently charged with the running of our club .
You mention how things got worse last season-well again, we are in this season and I see no signs of that set of circumstances,repeating themselves.
You also mention OUSP and last season.
Again,we are now in this season and OUSP have not indicated any major issues with our owners or executives-quite the opposite.
I’m also, not hearing tales of woe from OxVox.
I and many others on here, are also life members of OxVox- it’s not an exclusive club !
I ask again,what is it you wish raise, that can only be aired at an in person fans forum ?

Last edited:
You and your followers come across as feeling rather bitter and appearing to harbour a strong dislike,for those currently charged with the running of our club .
You mention how things got worse last season-well again, we are in this season and I see no signs of that set of circumstances,repeating themselves.
You also mention OUSP and last season.
Again,we are now in this season and OUSP have not indicated any major issues with our owners or executives-quite the opposite.
I and many others on here, are also life members of OxVox- it’s not an exclusive club !
I ask again,what is it you wish raise, that can only be aired at an in person fans forum ?
My followers?! Gosh, you are too kind, putting me on such a pedestal.

Interesting that you talk about the bodies not expressing any concerns lately (do you know for a fact that they don’t have any, rather than being asked to keep any grievances quiet?) while ignoring the people they claim to represent who say that they want one. Plenty of people on this board have and continue to ask for a forum. In fact, I set up a poll that received hundreds of votes where well over 90% of respondents said that they wanted a forum as promised. Are you really glossing over that as though it isn’t indicative of anything? It clearly matters to a good number of people, so it’s really weird that you appear to be actively against one.

Again, and I don’t know how many times I have to repeat this - the club promised it of their own free will to the entire fan base at large, and then completely reneged on it without so much as a whisper. You can crawl up the club’s a**e all you like while simultaneously ignoring the fact that I have clearly said it’s not for me, as though it’s some sort of gotcha, but they failed to fulfil their own promise and there are people who feel put out by that.

Personally, I can’t bear the fans forums. Too often in the past they’ve been hijacked by some weirdo, who I’ve never seen at games, relentlessly posing the same crappy question in an increasingly aggressive manner.

BUT

They are important for some people (beside the weirdos) and the club should make good on its promise to hold one.

Personally, I can’t bear the fans forums. Too often in the past they’ve been hijacked by some weirdo, who I’ve never seen at games, relentlessly posing the same crappy question in an increasingly aggressive manner.

BUT

They are important for some people (beside the weirdos) and the club should make good on its promise to hold one.
That’s literally the entire point, however much people might like to pretend they don’t get that.

BUT

Bit harsh on Sarge. :)

My followers?! Gosh, you are too kind, putting me on such a pedestal.

Interesting that you talk about the bodies not expressing any concerns lately (do you know for a fact that they don’t have any, rather than being asked to keep any grievances quiet?) while ignoring the people they claim to represent who say that they want one. Plenty of people on this board have and continue to ask for a forum. In fact, I set up a poll that received hundreds of votes where well over 90% of respondents said that they wanted a forum as promised. Are you really glossing over that as though it isn’t indicative of anything? It clearly matters to a good number of people, so it’s really weird that you appear to be actively against one.

Again, and I don’t know how many times I have to repeat this - the club promised it of their own free will to the entire fan base at large, and then completely reneged on it without so much as a whisper. You can crawl up the club’s a**e all you like while simultaneously ignoring the fact that I have clearly said it’s not for me, as though it’s some sort of gotcha, but they failed to fulfil their own promise and there are people who feel put out by that.
So it’s a matter of principle for you and your followers .
Nothing major to discuss.
You just want to sit in a room and be reassured about nothing in particular .
Saddened to hear that you also feel ignored by our representative “ bodies”
Maybe try harder .
Maybe write directly to Tim Williams and explain how you feel .
By the way, I love our club as much as you do .

Last edited:
Maybe try harder .
How is it so hard for you to understand that a board making a promise to a fanbase, only to then totally ignore that commitment, is an issue and a red flag?

Hmmm, perhaps we should start tagging the accounts of Birdio Followers in the same way we do for away fans, just so everyone knows how deep the cult goes.

Maybe try harder .
You have absolutely no idea of the questions I ask directly of people involved with the club because the relevant bodies are either unable or unwilling to.

The club made a public promise and didn’t keep it. It’s not difficult to understand that it’s poor form or to see that there are people who do care about that, even if you don’t, but for some reason you’ve chosen to try to turn it into something it isn’t.

Given you already made this exchange needlessly personal with repeated petulant comments about me and “my followers”, I get the feeling that your stance isn’t anything to do with the point at hand and is everything to do with trying to have a pop.

Here’s a question that nobody has ever answered, which also brings this thread back on topic for good measure:

Exactly how much of the football club is currently owned by Pairoj Piempongsant, what is his involvement in the club and its associated business interests moving forward, and is there a plan to acquire his shares and see him disassociated with the football club in the future if this has not already occurred?

Furthermore, can the board please inform us where (and more importantly who) the money transferred into the football club during 2018 and early 2019 was sourced from, and whether or not the people or companies providing those funds have been repaid or whether they still have a vested interest in the club and by association, the new stadium moving forward? This was the period of time when Tiger was the sole owner and the club faced three winding-up petitions in a single season, because there were constant issues with money being moved into the UK. Whose money was it, and is the club still in their debt?

Speaking of the stadium: can the board please provide basic, ballpark estimates and details of how much they anticipate the stadium project to cost, how it will be funded beyond simply claiming that “the markets” will provide capital, and how much debt the football club is likely to be liable for as a result?

In addition to this, can the board tell us if there is a plan for the 26/27 season in the event that we are not in a fully operational new stadium by this point, given we are merely 2.5 years from our deal with Firoz Kassam coming to an end? Is there a scenario where the football club may be forced to play outside of the county for a period of time, and if so, have they already discussed this with both the EFL and any potential landlords? If not, when do they intend do so in order to safeguard the club against all eventualities?

Given these are some of the most pressing questions anybody could possibly ask the owners and directors of Oxford United, I fully expect that since a fans’ forum would be so pointless and unnecessary, both the OUSP and OxVox will be able to obtain answers to these questions swiftly and easily.

Keep purposefully ignoring the point. Caring is sharing.

Back
Top Bottom