General The meeting Wednesday

To be honest the comparisons to Brentford are more our scale/target call it what you like.
Bigger than League 1, small but efficient in the Champ.... and then on the verge of the Premier Pigs Trough of money..... that we get the scraps from.

To be honest the comparisons to Brentford are more our scale/target call it what you like.
Bigger than League 1, small but efficient in the Champ.... and then on the verge of the Premier Pigs Trough of money..... that we get the scraps from.
We can be like that if we get the stadium sorted and the owners turn out to be genuinely committed to the club. Promotion alone wouldn’t have helped particularly

Not sure that’s so puzzling? A season in the championship isn’t going to magic up a new ground
You are forgetting the political implications of being in the Championship. The additional media exposure, bigger names visiting Oxford on a regular basis. Local politicians being able to get more exposure from being connected to the club and the club reciprocating through the community trust is good business.
Facilitating the move to a brand new stadium with plenty of community usage would be a very popular move for a local politician with lots of media exposure. Far less so when the club is an also ran in League 1.

Not sure that’s so puzzling? A season in the championship isn’t going to magic up a new ground

Agreed, but some of the additional TV money received could be used towards securing a new home or buying the current one. Who cares if we got relegated as long as we become more stable financially.

And, sorry to repeat myself (again), to survive in the Championship you just need to avoid being in the bottom three whereas to get there you need to be top two in League 1 or win what we saw to be a lottery on Monday night.

And probably the most expensive piece of real estate in the county. Sorry, non-starter.
Not really I believe there is an agreed price for the stadium obviously the Ozone would have to be negotiated. We buy redevelop have a decent ground but in the background tiger and co looking at alternatives ready to buy with the profit of the stadium and Ozone that would be made from selling to developers one of which would be the developer of a new ground.

Are promotion bonus(es) definite for Baptiste (and Fosu) then? What sort of bunce we would we be looking at?

If so, I have a reason to cheer somebody on then now Oxford's race is run. C'mon the super Bees!

I asked this the other day. Not sure there was a definitive answer on Baptiste but one reply pointed out that as the release clause was triggered on Fosu's contract (by offering a certain sum) it was unlikely there would be add-ons.

Agreed, but some of the additional TV money received could be used towards securing a new home or buying the current one. Who cares if we got relegated as long as we become more stable financially.

And, sorry to repeat myself (again), to survive in the Championship you just need to avoid being in the bottom three whereas to get there you need to be top two in League 1 or win what we saw to be a lottery on Monday night.
Yeah yeah it wouldn’t hurt, neither would the higher profile, but I can’t see it magically sorting all our issues. You’re right that while doing well there would be very difficult staying up by a point or so would certainly be achievable, as Luton look like doing. They had their new ground sorted before they went up

Not really I believe there is an agreed price for the stadium obviously the Ozone would have to be negotiated. We buy redevelop have a decent ground but in the background tiger and co looking at alternatives ready to buy with the profit of the stadium and Ozone that would be made from selling to developers one of which would be the developer of a new ground.
I wish that was true @bazzer9461 but, FK can hike the price any time he likes. As for buying the Ozone, just not worthwhile. What would you do with it? It's all tied up with licences in the same manner as the stadium. To do anything with the stadium to improve capacity would involve a very, very expensive re-build. And just where would the club play while that went on? The stadium was never designed for real expansion, don't forget, FK only bought it to get his hands on the rest of the land and to have a bargaining chip with the local council. The original design is past it's sell by date and not fit for purpose.

I grant you that with the land south of Grenoble road looking almost nailed on for development and the proposed expansion of the science park with even the outside chance of a rail link makes the Ozone very attractive as land but, FK already owns it all and is not going to be generous towards OUFC. He doesn't need to, he doesn't need the money, he doesn't need to be liked and he is making a very nice living from the site without having to lift a finger.
Better that the board go to somewhere that is bare earth, start from scratch and build what the local community needs, a community stadium with access to all and a modern and functional multi purpose complex befitting the history of Oxford. (poetic licence that last bit! ? )

There won't be any profit made from selling the site to developers. Kassam is no mug. If he sells it will be at market value for the land ready for housing and not a penny less.

There won't be any profit made from selling the site to developers. Kassam is no mug. If he sells it will be at market value for the land ready for housing and not a penny less.

Agree. Think we should forget about trying to pursue the purchase of the stadium. Only way we can have a stadium owned by us again, is find Land, build houses, flats. Leisure what ever the investors want and use that money to buuld a stadium next to it. Or if Oxford City Council. Oxon County Council want to gift us land to build on then we might be able to build a stadium only with hotels, restaurants built in.

Do you trust Mr Kassam to stick to that price if he has a keen buyer?

Back
Top Bottom