General The meeting Wednesday

Didn't Mackie and mousinho sign a 1 year extension though. Not sure who actually is out of contract. Maybe will have some players transfer listed and obviously loanees returned.

Mackie has not been announced as an extension, but it was definitely being discussed as in the works.

Aside from that, I think it's just Thorpe and Jack Stevens that are even releasable from the first team.

On a more realistic note. The Huddersfield chairman said last week on Talksport that he expects up to 40 clubs to go bust if fans are not allowed back in to grounds next season, so I think that everyone needs manage their expectations a bit, and that includes players and managers etc.

Mackie has not been announced as an extension, but it was definitely being discussed as in the works.

Aside from that, I think it's just Thorpe and Jack Stevens that are even releasable from the first team.

Stevens signed a new deal earlier this year.

I thought I read Mackie was going to be more of a attacking coach, where mousinho a defensive coach. So maybe they just going to be back up players if needed.

Even if that is the plan, we can't keep Mackie on simply in a playing capacity, especially if he's going to take up the place of a third striking option. If Faz is retiring like a few people have hinted, then there is a gap opening up in the coaching department. Budgets will be tight, and whilst Mous can still do it on the pitch I don't think we can really afford to spend any money on Jamie Mackie the footballer next season if we want to go one step further.

I saw a spreadsheet on Twitter with contract expiry details. I'll try find it.

Faz has been planning his retirement for some time and was paying a bigger part of this years salary into his pension, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave. I could then see Mous and Mackie joining the management/coaching team whilst holding onto their player registration for back up. Mous has shown that he can more than do a job at CB, but I would see him as potentially 4th choice behind Moore, Atkinson and Dickie (or his replacement). Mackie has been less effective and his appearances will be limited, but his wages are not particularly high and he can still play a role behind the scenes.

Faz has been planning his retirement for some time and was paying a bigger part of this years salary into his pension, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave. I could then see Mous and Mackie joining the management/coaching team whilst holding onto their player registration for back up. Mous has shown that he can more than do a job at CB, but I would see him as potentially 4th choice behind Moore, Atkinson and Dickie (or his replacement). Mackie has been less effective and his appearances will be limited, but his wages are not particularly high and he can still play a role behind the scenes.

I think it's fair to say he's been playing a role behind the scenes and we've just lost to Wycombe. Make of that what you want but no one's reputation has been enhanced by the calamitous goings on last night - Robbo, Mous, Mackie, Faz, the players, whoever you wish to name really ....

I think it's fair to say he's been playing a role behind the scenes and we've just lost to Wycombe. Make of that what you want but no one's reputation has been enhanced by the calamitous goings on last night - Robbo, Mous, Mackie, Faz, the players, whoever you wish to name really ....

Finally some sense. Most people on here seem to think Robbo and half of are players can walk in to a championship team. Only one that can is Dickie, rest of them bang average for league 1.

I think @Shosho is the man?

Yup!

I think it's fair to assume Dickie and Brannagan will be off in the summer, too. Certainly not for the money we think it will be.

As I put in the thread - getting the Sykes contract is important! Taking Dickie/Brannagan fees and reinvesting will be imperative....in the current climate, having some cash in the bank will be a big advantage (same applies for what our directors are willing to put in). Its a club market at the minute...if we have some ÂŁÂŁÂŁ we will be in a strong position

Thorne and Mackie are the only first teamers who are out of contract this summer.

Hall, Mousinho, Ruffels and Stevens have all signed new deals or had options activated.

Kevin Berkoe and Max Harris were due to be sat down with when the rest of the U23/U18 updates were provided - the club have yet to confirm what will happen with those two.

Thorne and Mackie are the only first teamers who are out of contract this summer.

Hall, Mousinho, Ruffels and Stevens have all signed new deals or had options activated.

Kevin Berkoe and Max Harris were due to be sat down with when the rest of the U23/U18 updates were provided - the club have yet to confirm what will happen with those two.

Mackie will be staying (KR said he wanted to keep him around when Mous signed a new deal).

I think the retained list will mainly purge U23s. Probably looking ~10 players incoming this summer

Mackie will be staying (KR said he wanted to keep him around when Mous signed a new deal).

I think the retained list will mainly purge U23s. Probably looking ~10 players incoming this summer

Majority of U23s and U18s leaving have already been announced

So what mistakes did the management/coaching staff make?

Majority of U23s and U18s leaving have already been announced
I really hope we start blooding the youth teamers like Jones, Lopes and Lofthouse next season. I fear that because we're now expected to be gunning for promotion, that we lose sight of the real potential we have in our own youngsters.

Back
Top Bottom