General The Great Cheese Poll of 2023

What's your favourite cheese?

• Total voters
It's not possbile to have a favourite, so I've chosen a handful I regularly go for. One missing from the list, and is a great option where you can only have one cheese on a board, is Cambozola.

A nice Roquefort.. and of those you can't beat Vieux Berger.

"Roquefort is made from the milk of sheep that graze on the diverse grasses and wildflowers that grow on the[emoji769] limestone plateaus found in the Aveyron Department - France. The cheese is ripened in the natural damp and airy caves found under the village of Roquefort-sur-Soulzon. Vieux Berger is the of smallest of seven producers of this style of cheese. Their version of this cheese is remarkably creamy and piquant."

I used to love cracker barrel, not seen it for years. For cheese on toast it has to be lancashire

BlackCow_Deluxe_Cheddar_200g_2048_1024x1024@2x.jpg

I`ll declare a family interest - Black Cow Deluxe Cheddar. :)

Any extra mature cheddar on toast or in a sandwich, the Briggs or Shotton of cheeses, solid and reliable.
Brie in a warm bacon baguette. Boursin on a nice seeded cracker. Wing backs with a bit of flair.
Oxford Blue for the cheeseboard. My Brannagan of cheeses, always first name on the board.

Oxford fans are too sophisticated to wat mild cheddar, that makes me happy.

Fried Manchego is amazing, easy to do breaded or fried, or something a little more complex:

Gone for a solid back three of Comte, Red Leicester and Extra Mature from the options available.

No Parmesan on the list!

Gouda Cheddar Brie
Stilton Camembert Roquefort
Parmesan Gruyere

Baron Bigod / Black Bomber / Oxford Blue
A blue passport selection of cheeses.

It's pretty incredible the variety of cheeses we produce in the UK and in Europe. I wish I could afford to try them all, cheese is getting so expensive though #cozzielivs

I used to love cracker barrel, not seen it for years.

They stopped selling it in Britain - but it's still absolutely everywhere in the US.

Personally, I think it's basically mousetrap though......

Otherwise, honestly, I could probably tick every box on this list. All these cheeses have their place!

They stopped selling it in Britain - but it's still absolutely everywhere in the US.

Personally, I think it's basically mousetrap though......

Otherwise, honestly, I could probably tick every box on this list. All these cheeses have their place!

Goat's Cheese has no place.

Red Leicester is so over-rated. It's whole USP is based on being orange. Get over yourself, if you looked like cheddar you'd rightly be ridiculed as its pointless rubbery little brother.

Stilton and (good) mature cheddar are all anyone really needs, if we're stripping it down to basics.

Feta, halloumi, and paneer belong in the bin or preferably someone else’s bin. Along with American cheese / cheese slice / stringy cheese / baby bel.

Surprised no calls for Lancashire cheese.

Some of my other favourites
Chaorce
Gorgonzola dolce
Pecorino
Scamorza

Back
Top Bottom