General The Great Cheese Poll of 2023

What's your favourite cheese?

• Total voters

Wandering Yellow

Following on from the discussion on the Krexit thread, I think it's time we decided what the favourite cheese of OUFC fans is.

For me, it's gruyere, unbelievable scenes when melted on toast. But I want to give an honourable mention to Feta for it's versaility, Halloumi (unreal when grilled on a skewer) extra mature cheddar, brie, camembert and goat's cheese.

Feel free to add your branded cheese recommendations and let us know second and third favourite cheeses.

My favourite cheese is Appenzeller, not easy to obtain although the local Cheese shop in Chelmsford Market usually has it in stock.
Good alternatives Kaltbach or a decent Gruyere/Emmental. Swiss cheeses ideal for Fondue. (Deffo no French cheeses or anything French come to that).

It depends on the meal. For instance I do like a nice piece of cheddar on my toast, but I wouldn't grate it over my carbonara.
Interestingly, and agreeably to me, cheese on fish is practically a criminal offence in Italy.

It depends on the meal. For instance I do like a nice piece of cheddar on my toast, but I wouldn't grate it over my carbonara.
I recently discovered the microplane (Lakeland generic copy) and it is so much better for grating hard cheese than a traditional block grater, though watch your fingers as it is very sharp.

Cheddar (Extra Mature) for standard things but Camembert baked in Brioche or another bread is glorious.

Stilton, melted over a rare steak. Big plate of triple cooked chips lashed in salt. Delicious.

It's only really good if you wake up in the middle of the night feeling irritable, with a headache and desperate for a drink.

Following on from the discussion on the Krexit thread, I think it's time we decided what the favourite cheese of OUFC fans is.

For me, it's gruyere, unbelievable scenes when melted on toast. But I want to give an honourable mention to Feta for it's versaility, Halloumi (unreal when grilled on a skewer) extra mature cheddar, brie, camembert and goat's cheese.

Feel free to add your branded cheese recommendations and let us know second and third favourite cheeses.
There’s a lot of good cheeses on there, and it’s hard to pick when some I love and some I hate - that’s the problem with only one vote, a cheese that I love is getting as many votes as a cheese I hate, as I just slightly prefer a different one. How about if we could all vote for as many as we liked? You’d get a more accurate picture then of the overall popularity of all cheeses

There’s a lot of good cheeses on there, and it’s hard to pick when some I love and some I hate - that’s the problem with only one vote, a cheese that I love is getting as many votes as a cheese I hate, as I just slightly prefer a different one. How about if we could all vote for as many as we liked? You’d get a more accurate picture then of the overall popularity of all cheeses
done

Back
Top Bottom