2nd Test The Ashes - England v Australia @ Lords

2nd ashes test looking like itll be over 4 days (subject to the weather of course) no play today then

the perceived 'green' wicket at Lords is apparently not green at all, more like straw (coloured)- according to a few comments yesterday from the very brief time the covers were off

Confirmed - Jack Leach and Jofra Archer replace Ali and Anderson are the only changes from the first Ashes test.
Curran misses out on this one, IMO at tad unlucky to miss out - Denly must deliver in this one
As must all the top order England batsmen

Roy needs to be dropped right down the order. Not got enough experience in test matches to be at 2. Should be 5 minimum.

To be fair there have been some excellent lines bowled by the Aussies so far this morning, we need to tough it out for an hour or so and ignore the scoreboard for a bit.

To be fair there have been some excellent lines bowled by the Aussies so far this morning, we need to tough it out for an hour or so and ignore the scoreboard for a bit.
them Convicts elected to bowl first for a reason

Luckily there's rugby league on here in Australia tonight, so I can avoid watching this utter shambles for 80 minutes.

So I'll flip over for the start of the Australian innings.

Sorry lads. My fault. Just tuned in and 1st ball I saw was roots wicket.

26-2. Someone needs to explain to Jason Roy that if it's not hitting the stumps, you don't need to hit it - he's not paid on run rate.

It's amazing how many bad habits have crept into English cricket in the past 10 years and how it stays in place until a batsmen gets to the test level before they are corrected or identified in the first place. Which is far too late.

Back
Top Bottom