Chairman Takeover now Old Car Chat

Another thing if we get a smaller version of Audi field can we PLEASE have a yellow Audi R8 outside along with a statue of Jim smith

So....move over Bicester Village. The new Kidlington Village is where it's at[emoji6]

I'm sure they will do the right thing by all the other grass roots sport that use the existing facilities. Maybe Gosford All Blacks will get a 4g pitch out of it, similar to Oxford Harlequins [emoji848]

I could tolerate us doing a Leicester.

Retain your identity, being realistic and developing a huge "brand".

Albeit they lost £67 million last season... :oops:
I think Leicester are spending themselves into serious trouble.

The development proposals put forward by RFC PROP CO (both Tiger and Geicke current directors along with Taweesuk Srisumrid - https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/09315720/officers) when developing Reading - obviously with the pre existing stadium:

This plus DC United I would imagine gives an idea of the overall plan for the new ox development

Attachments

• C698DD95-00FD-4374-89E1-62AE5AC86422.jpeg
    C698DD95-00FD-4374-89E1-62AE5AC86422.jpeg
    90.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 8C22162B-702E-449C-83CB-2A2AA615FF10.jpeg
    8C22162B-702E-449C-83CB-2A2AA615FF10.jpeg
    87.5 KB · Views: 51
Well I'm excited about the recent board developments. There has always been the opportunity for all parties to gain from us finding a new home, and let's not kid ourselves that the potential board reshuffle would happen if we were likely to stay at the Kassam. So if we move..

Kassam will be delighted, the land becomes more valuable as it can be developed for housing. His surrounding leisure facilities will become more valuable as there will be an increased footfall on their doorstep.

The authorities / council will be happy to have the Kassam land available for additional housing, they have tough new housing targets to hit.

Then the new complex. I agree with @Scotchegg that new grounds are a different proposition for the local communities now than 30 years ago. This will mean additional leisure, retail, housing, with all the relevant infrastructure improvements. The construction and subsequent facilities will create employment, maybe hundreds of roles. There will be locals against it as there always is, but I think this can be packaged up as a fantastic opportunity for all.

As for the club. I don't expect any freebies but the club should be supported as it plays a vital role in the local community as well as being a focal point for thousands of fans. If the board are supported with the opportunity to develop land which gives them their financial return, then hopefully we can get a completed modern ground with the opportunity to benefit from the revenue it generates. The deal needs to be done so that the ground cannot be split from the football club, is partly / wholly community owned etc. Maybe once built to a satisfactory standard then OUFC would be responsible for the operating costs / maintenance and future ground development costs etc. The ownership structure of the new ground will be key, hopefully everyone has learnt lessons from last time.

I just think this is a fantastic opportunity for all parties, and I'm feeling as confident as I have ever done that it may actually be achieved!

Someone said the new stadium may be similar to Rotherhams 12,021 capacity New York Stadium:

Personally I'd go for 15,000 capacity.

This is jumping way ahead but IF we get a new ground I'd keep away fans on the corner and have the advantage of having home fans at either end and always attacking towards our own fans.

do a MK Dongs on em, and split away fans areas into two separate(d) places?

(apparently, ^^ was a KR idea when he was working there, - as a way to part nullify away support noise )

This is jumping way ahead but IF we get a new ground I'd keep away fans on the corner and have the advantage of having home fans at either end and always attacking towards our own fans.
If I was in a position of power in football, I'd bring in a rule that away fans are placed behind one goal. One of the things that irks me about modern football is firstly giving away sides the minimum number of tickets, and secondly shoving them out of the way somewhere.

You either want an atmosphere in the ground, or you don't.

I'm no architect, but if I was designing a stadium for a club like ours, I'd take a leap out of Brighton's book. And I don't mean being homeless for 14 years, more building a stadium that could be easily expanded without having to change the physical structure. Once they got into the Premier League they expanded from 22,000 to 30,000 quickly and easily, and I reckon we should be looking at a stadium with an initial 15k capacity that could be increased to 25-30.

One thing that is an interesting question is, when the "money" guys get in, they will likely want success to see return on investment quite quickly.

With Robbos likely two seasons of bottling it, i wonder how nervous he is feeling given there likely wont be that close relationship with Tiger?

The development proposals put forward by RFC PROP CO (both Tiger and Geicke current directors along with Taweesuk Srisumrid - https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/09315720/officers) when developing Reading - obviously with the pre existing stadium:

This plus DC United I would imagine gives an idea of the overall plan for the new ox development
Ice rink? Ah, the council would be glad to move the ice rink to kidlington, freeing up some valuable development land in the centre. That would get them onside im sure.

Well I'm excited about the recent board developments. There has always been the opportunity for all parties to gain from us finding a new home, and let's not kid ourselves that the potential board reshuffle would happen if we were likely to stay at the Kassam. So if we move..

Kassam will be delighted, the land becomes more valuable as it can be developed for housing. His surrounding leisure facilities will become more valuable as there will be an increased footfall on their doorstep.

The authorities / council will be happy to have the Kassam land available for additional housing, they have tough new housing targets to hit.

Then the new complex. I agree with @Scotchegg that new grounds are a different proposition for the local communities now than 30 years ago. This will mean additional leisure, retail, housing, with all the relevant infrastructure improvements. The construction and subsequent facilities will create employment, maybe hundreds of roles. There will be locals against it as there always is, but I think this can be packaged up as a fantastic opportunity for all.

As for the club. I don't expect any freebies but the club should be supported as it plays a vital role in the local community as well as being a focal point for thousands of fans. If the board are supported with the opportunity to develop land which gives them their financial return, then hopefully we can get a completed modern ground with the opportunity to benefit from the revenue it generates. The deal needs to be done so that the ground cannot be split from the football club, is partly / wholly community owned etc. Maybe once built to a satisfactory standard then OUFC would be responsible for the operating costs / maintenance and future ground development costs etc. The ownership structure of the new ground will be key, hopefully everyone has learnt lessons from last time.

I just think this is a fantastic opportunity for all parties, and I'm feeling as confident as I have ever done that it may actually be achieved!
Correct and they absolutely have, the structure of the deal will be very satisfactory for OUFC.

One thing that is an interesting question is, when the "money" guys get in, they will likely want success to see return on investment quite quickly.

With Robbos likely two seasons of bottling it, i wonder how nervous he is feeling given there likely wont be that close relationship with Tiger?
Bottling it? Or, outperforming richer and more fancied clubs. Your point is good otherwise, he hasnt done so well that his job is guaranteed and he won t be everyone’s cup of tea. Big Sam ahoy!

I’m no big fan of Robbo but he has a mid table budget so he is actually over achieving.

I'm presuming Kassam will want his rent up until 2026?
Well if we have that wonderful problem where we can move ahead of the licence expiry, he would be perfectly entitled to it but there could be a discussion about it being waived for OUFC not insisting on still having the right to play there. He can then start to dismantle the site and sell it for housing - win/win.

Back
Top Bottom