Chairman Takeover now Old Car Chat

I think that it's more likely that the process would take around 6 weeks which will naturally run to the end of the normal season. It would be easy to include a promotion bonus into any deal, and that could have been agreed a few weeks back just as easily as it could now.
Exactly. I don't think someone is going to make a lot of money in business but then lack the foresight to include a promotion clause in their takeover dealings.

Exactly. I don't think someone is going to make a lot of money in business but then lack the foresight to include a promotion clause in their takeover dealings.
I would refer you to ESL and not have the foresight to include fans opinions business don’t always get it right 😉

Seems to be on hold until its clear which league we'll be in next season, rumour is that'll affect the purchase price of Tigers shares. Hopefully then they'll republish that YouTube video!
It’s obvious what leaf eye we will be in next year. We blew our chance losing to the Cobblers Accrington and Wimbledon

I think that it's more likely that the process would take around 6 weeks which will naturally run to the end of the normal season. It would be easy to include a promotion bonus into any deal, and that could have been agreed a few weeks back just as easily as it could now.
But promotion has gone now can’t see what people are seeing to say it’s not.

No, it was taken down

It’s still very much there if people wish to view this groundbreaking video which, inexplicably, even the local paper is now claiming was a video of the new stadium plans.
a345e893e7af7ff9a430444d4e5aff9f.jpg

But promotion has gone now can’t see what people are seeing to say it’s not.
Because no matter how unlikely, promotion is still possible and the team need no further distractions.

An entire thread was set up with 74 points being the magic number, and we can still get there. If that's not enough, then so be it. But win the next two and we could still go into the final game with a chance.

Is it the fact the club is waiting until we know what league we will be in next season before we find out anymore then the initial consortium takeover news? Seems strange it was leaked in the first place if it wasn't to be completed until at least close season.
Could be waiting to see what the Tracey Crouch led government enquiry comes up with as to the future ownership of clubs and the creation of greater fan involvement along the Bundesliga model. I'm all in favour of fans having a say but we still need people with the dosh.

I've got an electric bike nowadays.
Well can you ride it somewhere else and let me get my Frosties and copy of Razzle in peace for once. I don’t need you shouting “I BET HER TITS ARE GRRRRRREAT!” every time I come out of the shop.

Well can you ride it somewhere else and let me get my Frosties and copy of Razzle in peace for once. I don’t need you shouting “I BET HER TITS ARE GRRRRRREAT!” every time I come out of the shop.
Did he have a red face and an oddly loud voice? I think every town had a guy like that.

Anyway, we are over a month down the line with no news.
With no knowledge of what any investor's plans for the club are, who knows what could be affecting this.

Anyway, we are over a month down the line with no news.
With no knowledge of what any investor's plans for the club are, who knows what could be affecting this.

They have to give notice of intent, but it was always expected to take a month or two to conclude. And I suspect the plan was always to do this at the end of the season.

The new investors are the old investors, and their plans will be the same. Sustainable, successful club with expectations of top end Championship, and with our own stadium.

Nothing is affecting anything from happening as planned.

Because no matter how unlikely, promotion is still possible and the team need no further distractions.

An entire thread was set up with 74 points being the magic number, and we can still get there. If that's not enough, then so be it. But win the next two and we could still go into the final game with a chance.
True but I am being pessimistic 3 of our recent games we should have won but didn't, but it ain't over till the fat lady sings as they say.tomorrow is a must but if it isn't to be we can watch the scum getting relegated

They have to give notice of intent, but it was always expected to take a month or two to conclude. And I suspect the plan was always to do this at the end of the season.

The new investors are the old investors, and their plans will be the same. Sustainable, successful club with expectations of top end Championship, and with our own stadium.

Nothing is affecting anything from happening as planned.
Well that is just speculation as to their plans.
People own football clubs for various reasons. ..
Most fans agree they are in it for the money by some means or other, and all sorts of things could be affecting their plans / routes to achieving that.
Lack of fans could be tightening the finances, no big name player sales on the horizon just yet.
Any kind of stadium deal that involves negotiating with various councils and Kassam could change at any moment.
The SuperLeague demise and perhaps new regulation on club ownership and distribution of revenues / solidarity payments / changes to wage caps could affect us.

Well that is just speculation as to their plans.
People own football clubs for various reasons. ..
Most fans agree they are in it for the money by some means or other, and all sorts of things could be affecting their plans / routes to achieving that.
Lack of fans could be tightening the finances, no big name player sales on the horizon just yet.
Any kind of stadium deal that involves negotiating with various councils and Kassam could change at any moment.
The SuperLeague demise and perhaps new regulation on club ownership and distribution of revenues / solidarity payments / changes to wage caps could affect us.

You counter my speculation with a whole load of your own!

I'd argue that the board are in this for a property deal and an increased profile in the UK rather than money as such. They've got plenty of money, and there are easier and more effective was of investing tens of millions of pounds. Equally, the loss of revenue this year is a drop in the ocean to these guys, and one that they have known about way before these ownership talks began.

Stadium deals are difficult. But these guys aren't Darryl Eales or Charlie. Negotiating with authorities and business associates is something they do every day, and have the expertise and money to make things happen. And again, our new owners are our old owners and will know exactly how this is all working out.

And I'm as optimistic as anyone, but I'm not sure that the Super League was in the immediate thoughts of our new owners, although I would have put us ahead of Spurs!!

I appreciate why people are nervous, but can see absolutely no reason for concern.

You counter my speculation with a whole load of your own!

I'd argue that the board are in this for a property deal and an increased profile in the UK rather than money as such. They've got plenty of money, and there are easier and more effective was of investing tens of millions of pounds. Equally, the loss of revenue this year is a drop in the ocean to these guys, and one that they have known about way before these ownership talks began.

I don't mind them earning money on us by the ways of building a stadium and developing around it to gain the money back and some. I don't think they are just coming for that reason though, why Oxford? I could think of alot more attractive championship/league one clubs where you could make money alot easier. We have no Assets except the players so they basically bank rolling us at a slight loss at the moment. The only thing I can think of is they can see the potential of getting us up the leagues and growing the brand overseas. We might not have any connection to Oxford Uni but you will find it hard to find a person in the world who has never heard of Oxford. Could be worth way more then the cost of building a stadium. Be nice to hear what their plans are when it finally goes through.

We might not have any connection to Oxford Uni but you will find it hard to find a person in the world who has never heard of Oxford.

I don't want to piss like an enormous carthorse on your barbecue but that's a bit of an exaggeration.

Back in the day @Colin B and I went on a proselytising mission to the nicer parts of Capetown and less than 40% of the population (we trawled the townships assiduously btw) had heard of Oxford, although they all claimed to know Lloyd-George if only through their fathers.

I don't want to P**s like an enormous carthorse on your barbecue but that's a bit of an exaggeration.

Back in the day @Colin B and I went on a proselytising mission to the nicer parts of Capetown and less than 40% of the population (we trawled the townships assiduously btw) had heard of Oxford, although they all claimed to know Lloyd-George if only through their fathers.
Well bless my soul! I never had you down as the missionary sort.

Back
Top Bottom