Stocks and shares investing

Looking at getting good sums in today
Recovery stocks are Taylor Wimpey, Barrett and Redrow.Also worth going for a Legal and General on weakness.
It’s worth looking at HL website as it lets you know who the main shareholders are and the recommendations from brokers. Can’t always go by them but they are an indication

Bought 1000 Redrow 700 Taylor Wimpey and 1500 City of London IT
Hopefully good times ahead
Maybe even get some L and G

Bought 1000 Redrow 700 Taylor Wimpey and 1500 City of London IT
Hopefully good times ahead
Maybe even get some L and G
Wish you well with those. I'm sticking to GSK and Astrazeneka - both doing well. Oxford Biomedica is ticking over nicely and happy to see my First Solar stake is recovering in the States.

Thank you.
Oxford Biomedica have been around a long time. I once brought British Biotech after my mother passed away many years ago from cancer. Ironically they changed name to Vernalis and set up within 400 metres of me in Wokingham.
The shares I’ve bought are with the intention of providing a reasonable income in retirement. No point putting money in deposit accounts in banks.
I’ve also got four investment trusts, that although suffering a bit recently, provide a decent income too.
I had a look at some old investment chronicles and they were recommending Debenhams. Seems laughable now. Lloyds Bank and BT keep getting recommended but they remain stubbornly low.

Carnival is +$31, I'm sticking, when this is over and people can book holidays, they will rocket.

Of they could get to $25, half of this year's high, if be up about $100ish

Thank you.
Oxford Biomedica have been around a long time. I once brought British Biotech after my mother passed away many years ago from cancer. Ironically they changed name to Vernalis and set up within 400 metres of me in Wokingham.
The shares I’ve bought are with the intention of providing a reasonable income in retirement. No point putting money in deposit accounts in banks.
I’ve also got four investment trusts, that although suffering a bit recently, provide a decent income too.
I had a look at some old investment chronicles and they were recommending Debenhams. Seems laughable now. Lloyds Bank and BT keep getting recommended but they remain stubbornly low.
I have an inheritance to come from my mother's estate (father's estate in reality which he left to her two years ago) The worry we have at the moment is that the bulk is tied up in her property (our property - two brothers) We are already looking at the value sinking and still have to pay out management fees and will, at some, point have council tax as well. There is also a number of shares that will not be sold just yet!
With interest rates for savers now virtually nothing, we may as well look to the long term with shares. (Halifax just informed us of a marvellous 0.01% !! )

Guessing that somebody knows something or there is something going on but Lloyds has jumped today ahead of Q1 figures out on Thursday. With JD Sports also moving, I am now looking at 7 out of 9 stocks showing a plus! And BP is recovering as well!

Guessing that somebody knows something or there is something going on but Lloyds has jumped today ahead of Q1 figures out on Thursday. With JD Sports also moving, I am now looking at 7 out of 9 stocks showing a plus! And BP is recovering as well!
Barclays up 9% too

Barclays up 9% too
I think banks are generally responding to the movement in shares generally especially builders.Probably also anticipating the easing of the lockdown within weeks rather than months. Banking stocks have also in my view been oversold

I have an inheritance to come from my mother's estate (father's estate in reality which he left to her two years ago) The worry we have at the moment is that the bulk is tied up in her property (our property - two brothers) We are already looking at the value sinking and still have to pay out management fees and will, at some, point have council tax as well. There is also a number of shares that will not be sold just yet!
With interest rates for savers now virtually nothing, we may as well look to the long term with shares. (Halifax just informed us of a marvellous 0.01% !! )
Can I offer some advice at this difficult time?
I’ve worked in the housing market for years in the past and it is cyclical. Quite a lot of people are suggesting house prices falling. I’ve been watching some YouTube presentations, in particular Neil McCoy-Ward. Whilst he expects a correction in prices, he suggests that the property market is likely to recover over 1-2 years. He says there is a lot of pent up demand from post brexit that will cause that to happen.
I would seriously consider City of London IT in an ISA Wrapper. It pays out dividends of around 5% every year, which have paid out increased amounts every year. It is a regular tip in Investment Trust magazines, and a huge fund. BMO is also a very good place to look too. I personally have four different investment trusts I regularly contribute to, in an effort to supplement my retirement income.
Have a look at some investment magazines as there are some suggestions and opportunities out there.
As many experts suggest spread your money wisely.

Can I offer some advice at this difficult time?
I’ve worked in the housing market for years in the past and it is cyclical. Quite a lot of people are suggesting house prices falling. I’ve been watching some YouTube presentations, in particular Neil McCoy-Ward. Whilst he expects a correction in prices, he suggests that the property market is likely to recover over 1-2 years. He says there is a lot of pent up demand from post brexit that will cause that to happen.
I would seriously consider City of London IT in an ISA Wrapper. It pays out dividends of around 5% every year, which have paid out increased amounts every year. It is a regular tip in Investment Trust magazines, and a huge fund. BMO is also a very good place to look too. I personally have four different investment trusts I regularly contribute to, in an effort to supplement my retirement income.
Have a look at some investment magazines as there are some suggestions and opportunities out there.
As many experts suggest spread your money wisely.
This? https://etoro.tw/3aMUiKn

That’s the one. There are two City of London investments. The IT is the one. The other one I have been invested in and made an £8000 gain on £2400 investment. That one is far more risky.
The IT is for the longer term and should produce a very good return
The returns over 1 year are -14.2%, with dividends.

Stuck a few quid into City of London this morning after dumping my Lloyds shares (with profit) ahead of Thursdays Q1 report. Nice to see a return already! (a few pence but gaining)

Knowing my skills with this stuff, Lloyds will turn in a better than expected report and the price will soar!

Stuck a few quid into City of London this morning after dumping my Lloyds shares (with profit) ahead of Thursdays Q1 report. Nice to see a return already! (a few pence but gaining)

Knowing my skills with this stuff, Lloyds will turn in a better than expected report and the price will soar!
They’ve done very well today. You can look forward to some nice dividends. My brother bought Barclays and they’ve done well the last few days. Would you suggest Lloyds at the moment. I hovered this afternoon when they were 34P...they’ve been recommended by many brokers. I thought I’d buy some as a share I could maybe buy in and buy out of every so often. I think they will make 50p.
Today. City of London did me proud up 11...Redrow went up to almost £4.90 today. Taylor Wimpey slightly down. But since Wednesday on paper £10700 has become £11000

They’ve done very well today. You can look forward to some nice dividends. My brother bought Barclays and they’ve done well the last few days. Would you suggest Lloyds at the moment. I hovered this afternoon when they were 34P...they’ve been recommended by many brokers. I thought I’d buy some as a share I could maybe buy in and buy out of every so often. I think they will make 50p.
Today. City of London did me proud up 11...Redrow went up to almost £4.90 today. Taylor Wimpey slightly down. But since Wednesday on paper £10700 has become £11000
I was in two minds over Lloyds. Sold mine at 33.6p and then watched as they went up again! However, Q1 report tomorrow and not many think they will do well. No dividend as they cut that for 2019 and 2020. Barclays report was bad, Lloyds may be worse but, who knows where the market will go! I might have a look around mid-morning and see what's happening. In theory, they should go up again as banks are regarded as fairly safe havens, I'm no expert though so don't listen to me!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom