Stewart Donald to buy Sunderland

Alan Nixon's reporting on Twitter Sartori is involved somehow, financial clout with SD as the Chair?

I personally couldnt give a s**t. We have a new manager and a new chairman. Let’s see what the summer brings. New players and offload the dross pep brought in.

I’m not bothered about Sunderland football club, and I’m certainly not bothered about what Stewart Donald and his chums are up to. Im only bothered about Oxford United.

But this has probably put the kibosh on any Donald funds coming to OUFC to assist Tiger. That obviously affects us and you should be bothered.

Very true. And, it also begs the question, which won't get answered, what was the impediment that stopped DE selling to Sartori. ( I am making an assumption that "International Consortium" includes said gentleman)

Stewart Donald has been a very good friend of our club and has now taken his substantial funds elsewhere. His business acumen and footballing knowledge will now benefit Sunderland FC. "Bothered" is not the word that comes to my mind.

I’m honeslty not bothered about it. It’s up to him, if he wants pour all his money into Sunderland FC. Good luck to him. I’m certainly not thinking please keep investing into OUFC. He’s worked hard to be where he is in life, so it’s his choice.

But this has probably put the kibosh on any Donald funds coming to OUFC to assist Tiger. That obviously affects us and you should be bothered.

Very true. And, it also begs the question, which won't get answered, what was the impediment that stopped DE selling to Sartori. ( I am making an assumption that "International Consortium" includes said gentleman)

Stewart Donald has been a very good friend of our club and has now taken his substantial funds elsewhere. His business acumen and footballing knowledge will now benefit Sunderland FC. "Bothered" is not the word that comes to my mind.

Stewart has also said many times that he would prefer not to own his own side. As his heart would rule his head !!

Not only that but if Mapp ends up at Sunderland, then so will most of our back room staff and recruitment dept that Robinson has been praising in the last week..

Appleton might well go to WBA or even Bristol City.
There’s quite a few linked with Sunderland.
It is a concern possibly that Stewart Donald has bought into Sunderland. We’ve yet to be linked with any move for new players. I just hope as mentioned our back room staff don’t leave

Appleton might well go to WBA or even Bristol City.
There’s quite a few linked with Sunderland.
It is a concern possibly that Stewart Donald has bought into Sunderland. We’ve yet to be linked with any move for new players. I just hope as mentioned our back room staff don’t leave

Bristol City ?

Might do. They are ambitious and won’t be happy at missing the chance to go up this year

As there is no affiliation with sunderland for SD, the only reasoning for going there is financial gain.
If it is the same team that didn't push on to buy Oxford (post WE) then they are obviously in it for one thing and the opportunity to make millions, apart from a new ground deal with us it would of been very difficult to get the pot of gold thats looks easier at sunderland.

I have to think the "money men" behind this deal will have to sort the manager out, SD record with managers at eastliegh has been patchy at best.

Good luck to the lad, as I think he will need it going into the coldron of ferver that is the football in the NE.

Well, I guess we know now who will have the biggest budget in the coming season. What odds on Sunderland going straight back up to the Championship?

Of course, if things are not quite 100% in order with this consortium then the seller will declare that the deal would not be in the best interests of the club. . . . . .
After due diligence, of course.
As you can see at eastliegh, chucking money at it is not always the right answer, how many managers? how much money is he losing?
DE did on the face of it a lot of good, BUT there are masses of things to repair and get sorted behind the scenes to get this club well run again, we have got to get back to a sustainable structure not all about the money.

Well as Sunderland will get £25 MILLION in parachute payments next season.
Just who did you think would have the biggest budget in League 1 next season,Accrington ?
That's the problem any current team in a league has to deal with, when teams get relegated in the current set up of parachute payments.
Who went straight back up this season wigan and blackburn who had parachute payments and could tempt and "buy" the good players from other teams.
Next season is no different, sunderland will be favourites to go up, burton will do well and hopefully reading will come down, but whoever it is will be pushing for a straight return with their financial power.

Well as Sunderland will get £25 MILLION in parachute payments next season.
Just who did you think would have the biggest budget in League 1 next season,Accrington ?
That's the problem any current team in a league has to deal with, when teams get relegated in the current set up of parachute payments.
Who went straight back up this season wigan and blackburn who had parachute payments and could tempt and "buy" the good players from other teams.
Next season is no different, sunderland will be favourites to go up, burton will do well and hopefully reading will come down, but whoever it is will be pushing for a straight return with their financial power.

KR said exactly that on the radio this morning. In no world can a club out size compete with the likes of Sunderland financially (unless u do a Bournemouth). But he said we will have a top 8 budget, then do things the right way. Get players that fit, that work together. Basically do what Shrewsbury have done this season perform on or above an ok budget.

People say we won’t be able to compete in the championship with the big hitters, but then seem to forget that when they do drop to this level, they become even bigger hitters financially

If Appleton does end up at Sunderland with Donald, I wonder what people’s perception of them both will be this time next year, after a campaign as our league one rivals? Theres still a feeling of affection for Appleton because of his time here but he’s proved several times in his career that he has no room for sentiment. He really did leave us up s**t street with the timing of his departure last summer. Fate really can be quite quirky when it comes to the fixture lists so if they’re celebrating the league one title on the last day of the season away to us, and the likes of Eastwood and Ledson are with him on the pitch in red and white stripes, will Mapp suddenly become a pantomime villain in the same way as Wilder? Admittedly Appleton has more class than Chippy.. It’ll certainly make for an interesting season!

If Appleton does end up at Sunderland with Donald, I wonder what people’s perception of them both will be this time next year, after a campaign as our league one rivals? Theres still a feeling of affection for Appleton because of his time here but he’s proved several times in his career that he has no room for sentiment. He really did leave us up s**t street with the timing of his departure last summer. Fate really can be quite quirky when it comes to the fixture lists so if they’re celebrating the league one title on the last day of the season away to us, and the likes of Eastwood and Ledson are with him on the pitch in red and white stripes, will Mapp suddenly become a pantomime villain in the same way as Wilder? Admittedly Appleton has more class than Chippy.. It’ll certainly make for an interesting season!

Nope, he’ll still be respected and thought of kindly here I think.

The fact that he handled himself well after he left by giving local interviews (when he didn’t need to) and continued to talk positively about the club publicly was a good PR move and means he’ll (rightly) be well liked here by the fans.

Having met Stuart & the Donald family a few times in the past I can only wish Stuart well. It must be a very exciting time for him. Sunderland is a massive football club.

However from an OUFC point of view Sunderland are just another one of our League 1 rivals, as supporters all our energy, passion and enthusiasm must directed towards our club not worrying about Appleton, Wilder or whoever, intriguing though it is.

The clubs coming down from the Championship will have huge advantage financially but pressure comes with that as well. Continue to support Robinson in sorting out the mess Clotet left behind and push for a top half/play-off position.

As for players like Ledson, Nelson & Eastwood, there will inevitably be enquiries and bids made in the summer, as we will make enquiries and bids for other clubs players. For what it’s worth I’d be very surprised if Ledson was still here next season.

We have a very capable manager in place who knows the division and knows what he wants. Keep calm and carry on.

Good luck Stuart - you are parachuting into one of the hottest cauldrons of football rivalry areas in the country & you will be in the spotlight 24/7 from the Black Cats fans - hope you can handle it?

Not an investment for the faint hearted. How much has Elllis Short lost?

It’s a basket case. Cf Rodwell.

Bit different to Eastleigh Stewart . Good luck .

Back
Top Bottom