Stewart Donald anyone.....

I've only had a quick flick through twitter but it appears that there has been a loan of £10m+ made to the holding company without the allocation of any shares.

It looks a little like a pay day loan to me. SD gets to cover his costs and will pay a big chunk of interest back if promoted. However, stay in league 1 and a poor situation could look a damn sight worse.

Maybe a big league cup quarterfinal draw will help....... oh wait......!!!

Not sure if anyone else saw it (or it's been mentioned elsewhere) but I happened to catch The Chase on Wednesday, they had a Sunderland fan on who wanted to use any potential prize money on a trip to Wembley. Not in the EFL Cup this year!! :)

Not sure if anyone else saw it (or it's been mentioned elsewhere) but I happened to catch The Chase on Wednesday, they had a Sunderland fan on who wanted to use any potential prize money on a trip to Wembley. Not in the EFL Cup this year!! :)
yep .... that amused me too, especially after the previous night's result ;)

It is becoming quite clear that the plan to make a quick buck has back fired. SD doesn't seem to have the money to run a club the size of Sunderland. They now have had to take out loans to cover running costs and if they fail to get promoted again (which I think is looking likely) then they will really be in a tough situation as the parachute payments will no longer be coming in and the value of the club to any potential buyer will only be getting lower and lower.

I have to say that in times gone by when he posted on this forum, any time anybody questioned Stewart in a manner that he took as a criticism, his first response was usually to suggest he might take his support and his financial input elsewhere. I couldn’t even begin to tell you how many times he threatened to do that over the years whenever he was challenged or anyone pulled him up on something, so to speak, so this flouncing off of social media does seem to point to him still having very thin skin. You’re in the wrong game, especially if you’re owning a massive club like Sunderland, if you can’t handle people online waffling on at you. Just block / mute them or ignore them and move on. The “I am running away!” routine is wearing a bit thin now.

Don’t really know the guy, met him maybe once for a few minutes, and I do know he’s a genuine Oxford fan who put in a lot, especially when so-called owners were barely putting a drop of petrol in the tank. I hold no ill-will towards him and don’t sit here hoping he fails, I just think he’s going to have to toughen up a bit eventually if he wants to be involved in football.

You’re in the wrong game, especially if you’re owning a massive club like Sunderland, if you can’t handle people online waffling on at you. Just block / mute them or ignore them and move on. The “I am running away!” routine is wearing a bit thin now.

... I just think he’s going to have to toughen up a bit eventually if he wants to be involved in football.

I would agree with you if he hadn't been capable of challenging and dealing with the abuse for the past year plus.

Everyone has their limit and it would appear the Sunderland supporters have crossed that line.

I have no information that this is the case but if someone is being subjected to death threats and maybe even via their family or friends social media accounts it is a sensible precaution to remove yourself from social media. Donald might be proficient and robust enough to block dozens of accounts a day abusing him but maybe his family are not so.

I would agree with you if he hadn't been capable of challenging and dealing with the abuse for the past year plus.

Everyone has their limit and it would appear the Sunderland supporters have crossed that line.

I have no information that this is the case but if someone is being subjected to death threats and maybe even via their family or friends social media accounts it is a sensible precaution to remove yourself from social media. Donald might be proficient and robust enough to block dozens of accounts a day abusing him but maybe his family are not so.
its the saying as Charlie he couldn’t take abuse either.

After today's debacle, it's not getting any easier in the North East.....from their forum tonight.

'''
Lowest point in our history

'''Fans are pissed off and rightly so......Appreciation was shown when the chuckle brothers took over and the faith has not been repaid.'''

'''Then they need to get the f**k out of the club straight away before they get lynched. '''

'''At this stage I bet they would love too but they need to get their £40m back. The bluff completely backfired.

They remind me of that scene in Only Fools and Horses when they were fixing the Chandelier. Taking a job on they were not qualified to do, the Chandelier could come crashing to the floor soon and they will have to run to the Robin Reliant and get off the property before a riot.'''

If you have a look at the Sunderland fans forum, it’s a pretty angry place at the moment, not quite full meltdown mode but not far off and yet they’re just a point outside the playoffs with a game in hand on most clubs above them, still in the FA Cup and still in the Leasing Trophy. The sense of entitlement is strong with the Mackems.

Yes they should be walking this league due to their huge financial advantage, but football isn’t always quite as simple as that. Off field it looks very unsettled. They clearly have some good individual players, but overall as a team they appear to be lacking in pace from what I’ve seen of them. The January window will be very important.

What I don’t understand is where does Sartori fit into all this? I thought this guy was mega rich, and yet it appears the Sunderland board are taking a loan out from a bunch of Americans.

If you have a look at the Sunderland fans forum, it’s a pretty angry place at the moment, not quite full meltdown mode but not far off and yet they’re just a point outside the playoffs with a game in hand on most clubs above them, still in the FA Cup and still in the Leasing Trophy. The sense of entitlement is strong with the Mackems.

Yes they should be walking this league due to their huge financial advantage, but football isn’t always quite as simple as that. Off field it looks very unsettled. They clearly have some good individual players, but overall as a team they appear to be lacking in pace from what I’ve seen of them. The January window will be very important.

What I don’t understand is where does Sartori fit into all this? I thought this guy was mega rich, and yet it appears the Sunderland board are taking a loan out from a bunch of Americans.
And yet if Daryl had sold to them, we'd be guaranteed substantial progress according to many on this forum - hmmm

I think at this level you can almost have too much money. Because Sunderland were in the top flight very recently, it's not secret they have money. Thus clubs know they can charge bigger fees and players will demand bigger wages. And Sunderland, as seen with Grigg, are desperate so will pay that money. And when players are earning as much with Sunderland as they could with a mid table Championship side, the drive for the players to play well and earn a bigger move whilst playing for Sunderland simply isn't there like it is with most clubs in this division.

I think at this level you can almost have too much money. Because Sunderland were in the top flight very recently, it's not secret they have money. Thus clubs know they can charge bigger fees and players will demand bigger wages. And Sunderland, as seen with Grigg, are desperate so will pay that money. And when players are earning as much with Sunderland as they could with a mid table Championship side, the drive for the players to play well and earn a bigger move whilst playing for Sunderland simply isn't there like it is with most clubs in this division.

Agree, and now they go and announce a 10 million pound overseas loan/investment.

Other clubs & agents will see that they’ve got money to splash in the January sales and the hike the prices accordingly.

And yet if Daryl had sold to them, we'd be guaranteed substantial progress according to many on this forum - hmmm

Think you’re comparing eggs with bananas.

I think if Stewart and Satouri had bought us then things may have been different for them, but I agree we cannot argue with our situation on the pitch at the moment, and long may it continue.

This is not intended as a dig at Sunnerland's Owners.

They are showing what happens when you do lots of PR and spin up front, but struggle to deliver on the pitch. Perhaps if they had slightly toned it down last season and not been so giddy, the fans would have more patience and been a tad more realistic. They appointed a strange manager, spent on a lot of desperate money on Grigg and have played eh football. Clubs like OUFC have shown them up, in terms of style, on the pitch.

The fact so few fans turned up yesterday says a lot, and appearances on fan podcasts can't distract from the perceived lack of success on the pitch. I do wonder if the owners are in over their depth far more than they thought they'd be and simply want out to make it someone else's problem.

Agree, and now they go and announce a 10 million pound overseas loan/investment.

Other clubs & agents will see that they’ve got money to splash in the January sales and the hike the prices accordingly.

Although according to Charlie that money is being used to fix the speakers in the stadium and repair a lift at the training ground!! It must be a worry to Sunderland that the money hasn't been there for basic repairs for the last two years whilst they're pissing money away on players like Grigg.

They've really gone all in with this personal loan and I think their time will be up if they don't go up this season. Maybe we'll do the decent thing and allow Charlie to come back and clean our Championship kit next season!

I personally feel sorry for SD. He recognised that the financial gamble with OUFC was not tasty enough but took the gamble with Sunderland because the potential rewards were greater. I hope he doesn’t get too burnt by this but the signs are worrying. I fear the next ‘consortium’ will royally screw him over if they don’t get promoted this year. The costs of running a club like Sunderland with a massive stadium which is not suitable league 1 football must be horrendous.

However I feel we definitely dodge the bulls with regards to Sartorial and his great journey, thank god.

Back
Top Bottom