Stewart Donald anyone.....

look what happened last time we played a team who just got a new manager.
wonder if it’s a good time to play them ?

Sunderland fans don’t seem too happy but then again, they were probably expecting Wenger!
I'm pretty surprised if they are unhappy with Parkinson.
It seems a sensible pragmatic appointment based on what they are trying to achieve (going up from L1)
According to SD he reckons that they have the best squad in the Division and if true they should go up with Parkinson in charge.

It seems a sensible pragmatic appointment based on what they are trying to achieve (going up from L1)
According to SD he reckons that they have the best squad in the Division and if true they should go up with Parkinson in charge.
that’s debatable at this stage of the season. guess we’ll find out in may

It all depends if you have accepted you a L1 club or still think you are Premier League. As L1 appointment it's a very appropriate one for their situation, not so much if you are the other. Gonna be a hard sell for Chartle I feel.

It all depends if you have accepted you a L1 club or still think you are Premier League. As L1 appointment it's a very appropriate one for their situation, not so much if you are the other. Gonna be a hard sell for Chartle I feel.
Well they are a L1 club looking to get Promotion to the Championship.
I'm.not sure that there am awful lot of managers around proven at this level?

Well they are a L1 club looking to get Promotion to the Championship.
I'm.not sure that there am awful lot of managers around proven at this level?
I think he is the correct candidate for them. He took Bolton up recently, did a good job there with little money. He's not a name appointment, but a clever one. And far more appropriate than Ainsworth.

Don't really get all the anti Ainsworth stuff on this forum. He seems a decent enough bloke. And has done a good job on a tiny budget at a tinpot club.....
rewind a few seasons ... on whose say so were OUFC supporters denied being allocated additional (available) tickets for our visit there ( despite whycum struggling to half fill the stands in their home ground) yep, pikeyboy Ainsworth made that call. ( and , apparently, a work experience 'kid' was blamed for stating on twitter that it was a TVP decision- which it was found out be a LIE, and the real decision maker for stopping extra avail tickets being offered to OUFC , was eventually found to be Ainsworth), ... thats my main reason for being anti-Ainsworth

on top of that theres his style of anti-football too

IMO two reasons , very good ones at that.

Bollox to Ainsworth I say

I think he is the correct candidate for them. He took Bolton up recently, did a good job there with little money. He's not a name appointment, but a clever one. And far more appropriate than Ainsworth.

Perfectly sensible and predictable appointment.

Good track record in the lower leagues. No compensation to be paid, shortish contract.

Promotion at the end of the season should be the minimum expected with their resources and squad.

Intriguing 1st game in charge, away to Gareth Ainsworth's Wycombe!

Good track record in the lower leagues. No compensation to be paid, shortish contract.

Promotion at the end of the season should be the minimum expected with their resources and squad.

Mackems likely to be kicked all over the park in that one!

I heard Dave Jones falling on podcast somewhere recently about his time as a director at Oxford.

One interesting thing I remember him saying was how impressed he and Eales were by Ainsworth of the pitch.

Pre-match he would come into the directors box and talk to both the home and away directors. He’d give lineups, tactics and be very personable all round.

It left such an impression on Eales that from that game on, Mapp was requested to do the same for every home game.

I don’t buy into the whole Ainsworth scum bag narrative, and on the pitch he has done very well with limited resources.

Away at inform Wycombe, with Ainsworth not wanting to lose face after being knocked back for the job, home to Tranmere who beat Coventry away last time round, away at Shrewsbury then away at the fortress in the cup!

There might not be much of a honeymoon period for Parkinson!

The football will be dire to watch though if it is like his previous teams. If it gets them up then for a season it would be a price worth paying in my opinion.

Last edited:
Away at inform Wycombe, with Ainsworth not wanting to lose face after being knocked back for the job, home to Tranmere who beat Coventry away last time round, away at Shrewsbury then away at the fortress in the cup!

There might not be much of a honeymoon period for Parkinson!
There are a lot harder runs of fixtures.
Parkinson will get them organised. They will be pragmatic and probably turn some of those draws into wins.

I heard Dave Jones falling on podcast somewhere recently about his time as a director at Oxford.

One interesting thing I remember him saying was how impressed he and Eales were by Ainsworth of the pitch.

Pre-match he would come into the directors box and talk to both the home and away directors. He’d give lineups, tactics and be very personable all round.

It left such an impression on Eales that from that game on, Mapp was requested to do the same for every home game.

I don’t buy into the whole Ainsworth scum bag narrative, and on the pitch he has done very well with limited resources.

I would rather our manager was with his team pre game rather than schmoozing, bet Appleton loved being told to do that by Eales, step up from serving the great unwashed hot dogs though.

rewind a few seasons ... on whose say so were OUFC supporters denied being allocated additional (available) tickets for our visit there ( despite whycum struggling to half fill the stands in their home ground) yep, pikeyboy Ainsworth made that call. ( and , apparently, a work experience 'kid' was blamed for stating on twitter that it was a TVP decision- which it was found out be a LIE, and the real decision maker for stopping extra avail tickets being offered to OUFC , was eventually found to be Ainsworth), ... thats my main reason for being anti-Ainsworth

on top of that theres his style of anti-football too

IMO two reasons , very good ones at that.

Bollox to Ainsworth I say

Can we stop with the “pikey” thing. I find it highly offensive. Thanks.

Not read too much in to it, but on the face it looks as though they've taken a sizable loan from some Americans.

Has Stewart binned his Twitter account? Shame, always seemed very open to respond to questions etc..

Back
Top Bottom