EPL Sky sports coverage of the EFL

What a lot of you seem to have forgotten is that Sky Bet are the primary sponsors of the EFL. The Sky organisation pumps a lot of money into the sport as a whole. We may not appreciate their patronising coverage and apparent disdain at lower league football but, without them we would be a lot worse off.
correct me if i'm wrong but Sky Bet are not Sky they are owned by the Stars Group, although i take your point

Saturday 7th August 2021
Charlton Athletic v Sheffield Wednesday
League One
17:30
Sky Sports Football

Monday 6th September 2021
Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle
League One
19:45
Sky Sports Football

Both games involve former Premier League teams so they can talk about how sad it is that those clubs have "fallen so far"

They're not interested in League 1 and 2, they're interested in ex-Premier League sides

Both games involve former Premier League teams so they can talk about how sad it is that those clubs have "fallen so far"

They're not interested in League 1 and 2, they're interested in ex-Premier League sides
That's exactly what i've said elsewhere though, they show those teams because like it or not they will have the higher audience figures.

i'm not so sure that it's that they're not interested as such but more to do with lack of demand = less viewing figures.

Unfortunately that's the way the game has been allowed to go, the clubs in our league and below have done themselves no favours by agreeing to a blackout again and why all these clubs will need a monumental effort to entice the new generation of fans to their clubs.there is so much more than just football for people/families to do these days.

if the grounds do not fill for a game with people on the doorstep then how and why are a wider audience going to be interested.

Back
Top Bottom