National News Sir Keir Starmer

They could always tax a bit more those on high salaries, the £20 isn't a lot for them unlike those on UC with rising energy bills etc.

So let the poor starve or freeze. Meanwhile, Nadine Dorries pays her kids a nice salary from taxpayer funds.
I agree tax the higher paid and start with those on 80k as the Labour Party said in their last manifest.

We can if they are if they are registered a British Overseas Territory. If not we could ban them from operating in this county or we could set a higher minimum wage. The government choose not to do any of these things.
We could ban them yes but I believe Russia is one of the biggest suppliers of Gas. The government did increase the minimum wage and I’m sure they will in the next budget. Living allowance is a choice companies make no do they chose to pay it or not, which I think should be made compulsory.

You try that with Russia being the main culprit.

We do. Literally the first name on the UK sanctions list is a Russian. And the second. And the third. But that's confused with the issue of having enough to live on, which can be sorted through a minimum wage.

We absolutely can if they're employing people in the UK. Or selling into the UK. Or doing anything into the UK. Why do you think we can't?
Can imagine the phone call now between Kwasi Kwarteng the energy minister and Vladimir Putin “ listen old chap these ridiculous price increases in gas from companies that are Russian owned are awfully steep can we discuss this…….” The phone went dead so I don’t know what an ex KGB Russian president would have said.

We could ban them yes but I believe Russia is one of the biggest suppliers of Gas. The government did increase the minimum wage and I’m sure they will in the next budget. Living allowance is a choice companies make no do they chose to pay it or not, which I think should be made compulsory.
Making a living wage compulsory is exactly the sort of government action I think people are asking for..

We do. Literally the first name on the UK sanctions list is a Russian. And the second. And the third. But that's confused with the issue of having enough to live on, which can be sorted through a minimum wage.
Today Russia increased the gas by up-to 40% so does that mean we have to keep increasing the minimum wage?

We can’t tell overseas companies that we don’t own what to do what to charge.

Today Russia increased the gas by up-to 40% so does that mean we have to keep increasing the minimum wage?
If you can't afford to live on the minimum wage then yes, I think its reasonable to say that the minimum wage needs to increase.
Labour could have done that when they were in power.
If you think I give a f**k which party implements a good or bad policy then you are very much mistaken.

If you can't afford to live on the minimum wage then yes, I think its reasonable to say that the minimum wage needs to increase.

If you think I give a f**k which party implements a good or bad policy then you are very much mistaken.
I couldn’t give a shot if you have a f**k but yes the minimum wage should rise accordingly but by how much?!
Labour said yesterday they would like to see a minimum wage off£15 great but that will be over a few years and not in one go.

You try that with Russia being the main culprit.

Simply creating law that prevents a property transaction that involves anything to do with a non U.K. domiciled company, or with a U.K. company that is controlled by an overseas corporate entity should be a start.

If they're charging people in the UK then we absolutely can, but that's still a separate issue from UK wages.
May as well tell Russia to f**k off and go elsewhere, problem is though where. We just can’t tell Vlad or any other Oligarchs how much they should charge.

Simply creating law that prevents a property transaction that involves anything to do with a non U.K. domiciled company, or with a U.K. company that is controlled by an overseas corporate entity should be a start.
Best of luck with that m.

Back
Top Bottom