Robinson is a clown

I've no axe to grind with Robinson, he did a great job at the end of last season and I'm prepared to give him time this season but I do wish he would rein it in sometime. The interview after Tuesday's game was a prime example when he defended his booking and barracking of the linesman - I thought at the time the guy was onside (although the other player was in an offside position) and TV pictures seem to prove that.

He then followed that up by comparing his behaviour to that of Jurgen Klopp - essentially saying that that Klopp's passion was deemed to be fine and his unacceptable. The main difference is that Klopp doesn't spend most of the game cursing at and abusing officials - my sons watched the game from near the dugout on Saturday and were amazed he wasn't reprimanded for his behaviour. I was a big fan of Appleton's pitchside demeanour and even Joey Barton presented a calm, authoritative figure.

I was watching the 3rd Netflix series of 'Last Chance U' a couple of nights ago - give it a viewing, the coach is essentially a fatter Robinson, although you may want to keep younger kids away from the audio track!

If you go to a Liverpool game then you will see Klopp spends a lot of time in the ear of the 4th official. Constantly giving them grief.

As for Robinson being passionate and his pitch side manner then give me a Karl Robinson over a Pep Clotet any day of the week. Robinson wears his heart on his sleeve and what you see is what you get which I actually quite like about him. Our players could do with showing the same level of passion as their manager does at times.

It's interesting that you bring up Appleton's name in your post. I have seen so many fans start talking about Appleton and how he used to be etc over the last week or so. As much as he was great for this club, both Appleton and OUFC have moved on and I think as a fan base we need to do the same.
As Robinson points out in the preview show on Ifollow, it wasn't all plain sailing for Appleton at the start and in fact a lot of fans wanted him gone by Christmas. Appleton though, like Robinson, was building for the long term as is Robinson so maybe it might be worth sticking this one out like we did with Appleton as I can see what Robinson is trying to do like people could see what Appleton was trying to do.

It took Appleton the best part of 3 transfer windows to get the team he wanted. Robinson has had 1 so far.

This isn't a personal did at you btw Big Ron!

If you go to a Liverpool game then you will see Klopp spends a lot of time in the ear of the 4th official. Constantly giving them grief.

As for Robinson being passionate and his pitch side manner then give me a Karl Robinson over a Pep Clotet any day of the week. Robinson wears his heart on his sleeve and what you see is what you get which I actually quite like about him. Our players could do with showing the same level of passion as their manager does at times.

It's interesting that you bring up Appleton's name in your post. I have seen so many fans start talking about Appleton and how he used to be etc over the last week or so. As much as he was great for this club, both Appleton and OUFC have moved on and I think as a fan base we need to do the same.
As Robinson points out in the preview show on Ifollow, it wasn't all plain sailing for Appleton at the start and in fact a lot of fans wanted him gone by Christmas. Appleton though, like Robinson, was building for the long term as is Robinson so maybe it might be worth sticking this one out like we did with Appleton as I can see what Robinson is trying to do like people could see what Appleton was trying to do.

It took Appleton the best part of 3 transfer windows to get the team he wanted. Robinson has had 1 so far.

Some fair points here and you may well be referring to some wider issues, but my comments were about Robinson's behaviour and I deliberately didn't criticise signings, tactics, team building, etc. - I completely agree he should be given time to prove himself. Doesn't mean I won't sometimes criticise the way he often conducts himself and he really should think about some of the contradictory comments to the press - he's occasionally sounding like Steve Evans.

However, the one match in which I will support his every comment and action will be at Wimbledon - an AFC supporting friend informed me that Robinson should be ready for his usual hostile reception as an 'ex-franchise' manager. I hate the smug and self-righteous bearing of many Wimbledon fans - no, I don't like how MK came into being, but they have their club and history back (a club many of them had given up on) and are even returning to their home borough. It should be a day with a lot of edge!

Some fair points here and you may well be referring to some wider issues, but my comments were about Robinson's behaviour and I deliberately didn't criticise signings, tactics, team building, etc. - I completely agree he should be given time to prove himself. Doesn't mean I won't sometimes criticise the way he often conducts himself and he really should think about some of the contradictory comments to the press - he's occasionally sounding like Steve Evans.

However, the one match in which I will support his every comment and action will be at Wimbledon - an AFC supporting friend informed me that Robinson should be ready for his usual hostile reception as an 'ex-franchise' manager. I hate the smug and self-righteous bearing of many Wimbledon fans - no, I don't like how MK came into being, but they have their club and history back (a club many of them had given up on) and are even returning to their home borough. It should be a day with a lot of edge!

On your last point, I too can't stand Wimbledon fans. Always playing the poor victims who had to rebuild their club all because of Winkleman. In reality it was because they didn't bother supporting their club that the old Wimbledon died. I'm no fan of MK Dons but not with how they came about, more the fact they didn't start from the bottom. Both clubs should of started in the lowest level of non league.
It also seems to get lost that AFC Wimbledon moved into another teams ground, bought the ground, sold it off to a premier league club which in turn makes that club needing to find a new ground.

On your last point, I too can't stand Wimbledon fans. Always playing the poor victims who had to rebuild their club all because of Winkleman. In reality it was because they didn't bother supporting their club that the old Wimbledon died. I'm no fan of MK Dons but not with how they came about, more the fact they didn't start from the bottom. Both clubs should of started in the lowest level of non league.
It also seems to get lost that AFC Wimbledon moved into another teams ground, bought the ground, sold it off to a premier league club which in turn makes that club needing to find a new ground.

Don't get me started on that last point - I live fairly close to Kingston and that makes my blood boil. It was a complicated situation involving a Kassam like figure but they made an opportunist move and slap themselves on the back for 'allowing' Kingstonian to play on at Kingsmeadow at preferential rates for a few seasons.

Don't forgot they also stole the Plough Lane Greyhound track so they could build the new stadium.

Don't forgot they also stole the Plough Lane Greyhound track so they could build the new stadium.

And worse, it's scientifically proven that they are responsible for the increasing pace of global warming. Bastards!

The thing is, you could tell on Tuesday that by some of KR’s exagerrated actions during the game, that he was after attention e.g. false. I say this as it’s fairly obvious that he’s read negative comments about himself possibly on here and on Twitter so he tried to portray that it’s not affecting him, but his actions (being yellow carded for example) would suggest that it does.

You say you like him as he says it as it is, but I must admit he comes overs as a bit of a dick sometimes when he does this. For example, you could have someone who’s f’ing and blinding whilst waving their arms around basically saying it as it is, but it doesn’t come across a very professional. Whereas, you can have someone like MApp who still manages to get their point across e.g. saying it how it is, but in a more controlled professional manner which in the long run gains more respect by players and fans alike.

The thing is, you could tell on Tuesday that by some of KR’s exagerrated actions during the game, that he was after attention e.g. false. I say this as it’s fairly obvious that he’s read negative comments about himself possibly on here and on Twitter so he tried to portray that it’s not affecting him, but his actions (being yellow carded for example) would suggest that it does.

You say you like him as he says it as it is, but I must admit he comes overs as a bit of a dick sometimes when he does this. For example, you could have someone who’s f’ing and blinding whilst waving their arms around basically saying it as it is, but it doesn’t come across a very professional. Whereas, you can have someone like MApp who still manages to get their point across e.g. saying it how it is, but in a more controlled professional manner which in the long run gains more respect by players and fans alike.

That first paragraph is just one hell of a assumption.
Thats like saying its obvious Robinson hates Oxford and wants us relegated because weve lost the first two games!

Don't get me started on that last point - I live fairly close to Kingston and that makes my blood boil. It was a complicated situation involving a Kassam like figure but they made an opportunist move and slap themselves on the back for 'allowing' Kingstonian to play on at Kingsmeadow at preferential rates for a few seasons.
No rules were broken by MK, the league allowed it. Wimbledon fans were not there when they were needed, so their sour grapes really pee me off, they didn't support their team so tough s**t.
I think MK should drop the Dons part of their name, just erase it. There are now lots of young adults who have supported MK since being kids, so the team now has some fans who would support no other team.
As far as AFC, I detest them, total hypocrites.

No rules were broken by MK, the league allowed it. Wimbledon fans were not there when they were needed, so their sour grapes really pee me off, they didn't support their team so tough s**t.
I think MK should drop the Dons part of their name, just erase it. There are now lots of young adults who have supported MK since being kids, so the team now has some fans who would support no other team.
As far as AFC, I detest them, total hypocrites.
I mist admit to detesting them both. AFC have acted very poorly and MK were a franchise, something I don't think should be allowed in the English game. They effectively bought themselves a place in the Football League and should have worked their way up like every other club has had to do.

People who think Robinson needs to control his passion then watch the new Man City documentary. There aren’t many more passionate guys than Pep and he doesn’t hide it either!

Relegation form.
Haven't scored more than 2 goals in a game under Robinson.
Starting X1-OU Career wise Nelson top scorer with 4 goals.

Robinsons bullshit to the media is beginning to see him get found out .... sheer arrogance of him in picking the team in advance (to LOSE- so it seems) for today , without considering ANY of the decent performances put in, in the cup WIN on tuesday night..... unreal

Yes 'arrogance' is the word I am afraid; lot of fans are now very worried about the season ahead with the worst start for a long time (the 2014 '3 straight defeats' was not as calamitous as this). His interview in a minute should be interesting.

Wonder what odds you would get fornRonjo being sacked 1st before any other manager gets the bullet

This fella is even worst than Clotet. My opinion is that Tiger should sack him NOW and get MAPP back to sort this out. I know people will be saying give him more time or the team has yet to gel BUT the writing is on the wall.

Robinsons bullshit to the media is beginning to see him get found out .... sheer arrogance of him in picking the team in advance (to LOSE- so it seems) for today , without considering ANY of the decent performances put in, in the cup WIN on tuesday night..... unreal

Hold on a minute, surely he picked some of the players that performed on Tuesday (Browne, Baptiste).? Let’s criticise where warranted, but it isn’t true that he picked the team before tuesday

That said, what does get me with KR is his comments post match that it was all decided in 15 minutes where we crumbled. Let’s be honest, we could (and should) have been at least 2 down at half time, they had a bundle of chances (including missed pen) and we had none. 2nd half they overwhelmed us and we only got back in it when they took there foot of the gas at 3-0
Why he didn’t make changes at half time? I find really hard to understand, we were being swamped and had several players on yellow cards, it was clear we were going to concede as they couldn’t keep spurring their chances and I also fancied us to have a man sent off. To not make changes was patheticly weak IMO

The other worry I have with the manager is he seems in denial about the issues. I struggle when I hear him talk about teams not wanting to face us in 4-5 weeks, it seems fanciful and I would rather he spent more time accepting the position we are in and acknowledging that and less time trying to say we will be world beaters in due course. He sounds a bit deluded and the worry would be if that is something the players start to pick up on and they lose confidence in him, hopefully his messaging behind closed doors is a lot clearer.

I’m sure he can turn it around to some degree and I don’t fear relegation, we will be ok, but another few weeks / month of this and we will be only playing to stay in the league as anything else won’t be achievable without some kind of record breaking form.

It’s starting to feel (to me at least) like Paterson’s first full season in charge in the Conference.

I can’t even explain or articulate why.

I appreciate there’s a lot of good stuff going on with the U23s, new training ground etc, but the first three league games have been woeful. This is where Robinson & Derry need to stat earning their corn PDQ.

Back
Top Bottom