Robinson is a clown

What’s frustrates me the most are two things:

1. Surely you can’t judge a manager after three games - I agree, you can’t, but including pre-season games he must have had 21/22 games by now.

That’s more than enough to be judged on, he has signed these players so if they aren’t up to it he has to be held accountable.

2. The way the oxford mail write on Robinson’s lost match thoughts were that they were “unlucky” - you don’t lose 4-1 and have a goal difference of -9 after three games and your only goal for being courtesy of the opposition through bad luck.

Everyone would love to play attractive football at all times but if it isn’t effective with the players you have at your disposal then it’s pointless.

Robinson needs to stop the team losing games and then worry about looking good in the process.

Grind out a 0-0 on Tuesday or a 1-0 win however it has to be done, but what isn’t acceptable, and this is at any level from the top down to Sunday league is concede so many goals without really making the opposition work for it. This should be the first topic for the coaching staff to discuss tomorrow morning

Somethings not right. We had a difficult summer, and clearly didn’t get out first targets. That’s fine it happens, but the waffle Robbo spouts on about it drives me mad.

We needed a striker, we loaned a kid from Reading who might end up being great but if not what else do we have? We have one left back at the club, who doesn’t seem up to it. We let Riccy leave - both Robbos decisions. Garbutt was meant to be too good to sign for Oxford!! What a stupid thing to say!!

The tactics are not working. The team selection isn’t right. The players are not fit. How Mackie is getting a game is beyond me. Nelson looks half the player he once was, he will be off on a free in the summer.

If I was Tiger I would sound MAapp out and see if there was any chance he would return? If so I’d have him back in a heartbeat. Not much left from his tenure so would imagine his sights are set elsewhere. If we can’t get him give Robbo more time but we can’t wait too long...

Where’s the tipping point ladies and gents.....

Do we give him until after Sunderland? That’s four more games? Accrington,Burton,Newport, and Sunderland. Seems reasonable to me!

Somethings not right. We had a difficult summer, and clearly didn’t get out first targets. That’s fine it happens, but the waffle Robbo spouts on about it drives me mad.

We needed a striker, we loaned a kid from Reading who might end up being great but if not what else do we have? We have one left back at the club, who doesn’t seem up to it. We let Riccy leave - both Robbos decisions. Garbutt was meant to be too good to sign for Oxford!! What a stupid thing to say!!

The tactics are not working. The team selection isn’t right. The players are not fit. How Mackie is getting a game is beyond me. Nelson looks half the player he once was, he will be off on a free in the summer.

If I was Tiger I would sound MAapp out and see if there was any chance he would return? If so I’d have him back in a heartbeat. Not much left from his tenure so would imagine his sights are set elsewhere. If we can’t get him give Robbo more time but we can’t wait too long...

You forget that everyone on this forum thought Garbutt was a great signing,was he wanted by Leeds? and chose us.
Smith was also thought to be a great player and had offers from other clubs.
We offered Richardinho another contract but he turned that down to play in the top level in Holland.

Where’s the tipping point ladies and gents.....

Do we give him until after Sunderland? That’s four more games? Accrington,Burton,Newport, and Sunderland. Seems reasonable to me!
Didn’t realise you were tiger.

It’s starting to feel (to me at least) like Paterson’s first full season in charge in the Conference.

I can’t even explain or articulate why.

I appreciate there’s a lot of good stuff going on with the U23s, new training ground etc, but the first three league games have been woeful. This is where Robinson & Derry need to stat earning their corn PDQ.
I’ve mentioned it before, as was the case then, the recruitment has been a bit last minute meaning we go into the season unprepared and the boat gets swamped before we even know it. It doesn’t matter what the reasons are, a poor start often sets the tone for the whole season.

The recruitment strategy has been a complete failure. Too many 2nd rate crocks from higher leagues, many on short-term arrangements. We should be looking at hungry, young lads from lower divisions looking to make a step up on permanent deals. Players with pace, power and tanacity, perhaps lacking in tactical nouse but who are still able to improve and learn on the training field. We had an enviable scouting and recruitment team - does it exist anymore?

Not going to happen, he’ll be given time. The unfortunate thing is would anybody really be upset if he did leave now? It’s not all of his own making but he does need to turn things round quickly before support for him evaporates.

Check that accounts history. Never tweeted anything remotely journalisty before. Looks like someone on a windup who has changed their bio to make them sound legitimate

Not going to happen, he’ll be given time. The unfortunate thing is would anybody really be upset if he did leave now? It’s not all of his own making but he does need to turn things round quickly before support for him evaporates.
May sound a bit pre mature but Burton is final straw. If we haven't won by then, I feel we have to part ways. 1 goal 10 conceded with the quality we have in attack is embarrassing. If we can't beat Accrington then we'll struggle against everyone. It's how stubborn he is that frustrates me.

Watched him when we went 3-0 down. He sat on the bench and didn't move for rest of the game. He looked beaten.

Let's say he did go (Very Unlikely in my opinion, but let's say it was true.(Even though it's not.) I'd love MAPP back. If not then Bowyer would have to be the number one replacement.

Back
Top Bottom