League Cup Quarter final draw

Not read their forum, but if I was in their position not sure I'd want an in form L1 team, who would more times than not beat them, rather than a big pay day away at a top Premier club.
I think they’re eyeing a big pay day in the semis too. One off Cup game? Anything can happen.

There isn’t a bad tie left which is amazing for us I mean the worse case scenario we get Colchester who we will beat but isn’t very glamorous the best case we’ll we could go to a number of premier league stadiums and win I really want Liverpool or Everton away not interested in old Trafford would be to easy for us

Not read their forum, but if I was in their position not sure I'd want an in form L1 team, who would more times than not beat them, rather than a big pay day away at a top Premier club.

I agree. I’d have said us, definitely away, would be their worst nightmare. If Sunderland had beaten us would they have said they’d want them I wonder ? I think they’re basing their thinking on us not being a big name - like a Sunderland for example - as opposed to thinking it through logically given the scintillating form we are in.

If I was them I’d want Manchester United away. That’s the real money spinner.

I want local derbies with the favourites away from home.

Everton v Liverpool
Man. U v Man C
Aston Villa v Leicester

Which leaves over

Colchester v OUFC

Everybody happy ?
you can pick my lottery numbers on Saturday if you get that combo out Malc!

Colchester at home (will take scraping through on pens) ... re run of milk cup semi v villa in, well the semi, then the pay day ? don’t want much do I

Aston Villa v Man City
Everton v Leicester
Manchester United v Colchester
OUFC v Liverpool

We get a bye, because Liverpool are in Qatar for Club Cup tournament, a will forfeit the fixture. Hopefully.

I want local derbies with the favourites away from home.

Everton v Liverpool
Man. U v Man C
Aston Villa v Leicester

Which leaves over

Colchester v OUFC

Everybody happy ?
I’d take that. But with us at home again.

There isn’t a bad tie left which is amazing for us I mean the worse case scenario we get Colchester who we will beat but isn’t very glamorous the best case we’ll we could go to a number of premier league stadiums and win I really want Liverpool or Everton away not interested in old Trafford would be to easy for us

Be careful what you wish for. Colchester are more than capable of beating us in a one off cup tie. I think most of us would like to play them at home but their players would be well up for it.

Be careful what you wish for. Colchester are more than capable of beating us in a one off cup tie. I think most of us would like to play them at home but their players would be well up for it.
While it's true that anyone can beat anyone on a one off, they are only a mid table L2 team.
I would hope our players would be well up for it too.

Less likely to beat us than Man City, Liverpool etc though, as good as Colchester are I reckon their might be a bit of a quality gap between them and our other potential opponents.

Personal preference.....

Leicester (A)
Villa (A)

Anyone else at home.....

Or a bye when we draw the Scouse Filth...

Back
Top Bottom