Potential New Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately for the club, it's the investors who decides where their money is spent and how they are going to get that back..
That almost sounds as if you would prefer that we tell them how and where to invest and, how much they should "gift" to the club?
Hardly a logical or reasonable assertion.

There’s me thinking that when we get our shiny new 4 sided stadium we’ll all be nice and toasty tucked away from those nasty wintery winds.
Well, that notion went quickly out of my head after freezing my nuts off on Saturday in their fully enclosed fridge!

There’s me thinking that when we get our shiny new 4 sided stadium we’ll all be nice and toasty tucked away from those nasty wintery winds.
Well, that notion went quickly out of my head after freezing my nuts off on Saturday in their fully enclosed fridge!
[/QUOTE
It did get cold 2nd half.
Will need a built in sun/heat filter system ?

Fortunately, we hopefully have investors.
As I keep on repeating, investors are here for a reason to make money.
Building a new stadium doesn't guarantee the club anything on or off the pitch, IF it were to ever go ahead it would all be about the fine detail of any contract, there is no one on here or at the club I expect who know any of that detail, given the thing is still in lets see if it's worth spending our money stage for the investors.

That almost sounds as if you would prefer that we tell them how and where to invest and, how much they should "gift" to the club?
Hardly a logical or reasonable assertion.
I agree, that's why I shudder at the fantasists on here laying out their business plans as fact, I get this is a forum for people to put their opinions but trying to second or third guess what the investors are doing is laughable.

Our stadium would be in the south, unlike freezing cold northern outposts such as Milton Keynes...

Our stadium would be in the south, unlike freezing cold northern outposts such as Milton Keynes...
Remind me what the tempertature is today in balmy Blackbird Leys? Are the frons on the palm trees waving in the warm breeze and are all the natives on their verandahs sipping pina coladas?

Mk is a badly designed stadium in my opinion it felt colder than the kassam does. Let's build are stands closer to the pitch, a single tier bowl with steeper gradient seating, executive boxes above running the length of both sides of the pitch. And no gap between the stand ending and the roof starting. We can then all be topless in winter like the geordies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom