Potential New Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, what is wrong with buying a bungalow (the Breeze Block) and converting it into a 7 bed executive house (our new ground) ?
Easy planning, footings etc in place, transport is accessible........ seems far more sensible to me but hey ho.
Maybe. But unless they buy the whole development and somehow increase the profitability of it AFTER having paid Kassam £25m for it - how on earth would the investors make any money doing that? Build a new place from scratch, integrate some 'destination' shopping and entertainment/catering, get grants for the 'community' aspects of the stadium and you might have a chance. Of course that's easier said than done!

That would be like buying not just a house but half the street. Where as if you buy land and build your own house along with others not only would it be cheaper, it would be brand spanking new, designed to how you want it and also have a higher resale value.
I'm not advocating either option, but how do you know building a new stadium would be cheaper?

I'm not advocating either option, but how do you know building a new stadium would be cheaper?

I was more aiming at the retail units around said stadium. You could buy land, build a decent stadium, hotels built in to it like mk, retail units, houses etc for around 100 million and have a lot more incoming rent than at the kassam where if we bought the whole ozone and hotels etc expect the figure to be near the same except they would have to pump alot of money in to bringing the stadium and surround area up to the same standard.

I was more aiming at the retail units around said stadium. You could buy land, build a decent stadium, hotels built in to it like mk, retail units, houses etc for around 100 million and have a lot more incoming rent than at the kassam where if we bought the whole ozone and hotels etc expect the figure to be near the same except they would have to pump alot of money in to bringing the stadium and surround area up to the same standard.
Ok I get it, another pluck it out of the air figure without knowing all the true costs involved, "WE" will not own anything, it will be the investors whole shooting match to do what they will with it, monies included.

Ok I get it, another pluck it out of the air figure without knowing all the true costs involved, "WE" will not own anything, it will be the investors whole shooting match to do what they will with it, monies included.

The investors have said that the retail units, flats, houses, hotels will be payed for and owned by them. This will offset the cost to build a stadium and be gifted to the club. Whether you believe them is up to you. But unless you or know of any Oxford fan willing to gift 20 million to buy and update the kassam then this is the best option we have.

The investors have said that the retail units, flats, houses, hotels will be payed for and owned by them. This will offset the cost to build a stadium and be gifted to the club.

And then they will walk away, saving small animals from being run over by buses as they go to bring sunlight to another small club's fan-base. I'll vote for that, too.

there may be a revelation re a potential new stadium at tonights open fans forum ( for the few- the many can listen in on Radio Oxford) ?

there again, there also may not

And then they will walk away, saving small animals from being run over by buses as they go to bring sunlight to another small club's fan-base. I'll vote for that, too.

Why would they walk away, theres no money in it in the short term. If they was really just after a quick buck by building a stadium so they could build there profit next to It they wouldn't be investing in other areas of the club like the training ground, squad etc. Maybe this needs to be asked at the forum tonight of what there long term plan is. Tiger has already said that Oxford is a well known city across the globe and that's why he bought us not any other league 1 or 2 team.

The investors have said that the retail units, flats, houses, hotels will be payed for and owned by them. This will offset the cost to build a stadium and be gifted to the club. Whether you believe them is up to you. But unless you or know of any Oxford fan willing to gift 20 million to buy and update the kassam then this is the best option we have.
Well that’s the first I’ve heard of all that, can you show me the link please.

Why would they walk away, theres no money in it in the short term. If they was really just after a quick buck by building a stadium so they could build there profit next to It they wouldn't be investing in other areas of the club like the training ground, squad etc. Maybe this needs to be asked at the forum tonight of what there long term plan is. Tiger has already said that Oxford is a well known city across the globe and that's why he bought us not any other league 1 or 2 team.
Looking at that post, are you classing Tiger as an investor?

you base pretty much every one of your posts on accusing others of speculating and not actually knowing any facts.
yet your posts are exactly the same just of the diametrically opposed view
instead or clogging up every thread with it, maybe just accept that you know very little (nor do I), some may know more but it will all come out in the fullness of time?

you base pretty much every one of your posts on accusing others of speculating and not actually knowing any facts.
yet your posts are exactly the same just of the diametrically opposed view
instead or clogging up every thread with it, maybe just accept that you know very little (nor do I), some may know more but it will all come out in the fullness of time?
You are definitely right, some know more and don’t put stuff on here to pad out their posts.
As you say in fullness of time things will evolve already a post from the fans forum tonight casts doubts on the stadium situation.
You say clog up but how do you know that my opposite view isn’t right?

Don't believe tiger has the funds available to be considered an investor. But he does have the contacts already proved of who is on the board and getting singha to sponsor us. It doesn't necessarily have to be anyone on the board that builds the stadium and leisure facilities. Aslong as the stadium is assigned to the club like the training ground is I can see no problem.

Ok maybe we can't set the first row any closer, but if the stands are steeper like they are in the North stand then you feel closer and get a better view. I would say the main factor of why it was cold was not that the pitch is below ground level ( I did quite like that aspect), , but the gap between the stands ending and the roof starting. Not only did you get blinded by the sun , but the wind howling through there we might aswell have sat on the roof. These are easy issues to solve.
I'm fairly sure the MK ground is more or less on what used to be known as Elfield Park. Which was originally a training track but became the home track for a the MK speedway team when they left the Groveway.

You are definitely right, some know more and don’t put stuff on here to pad out their posts.
As you say in fullness of time things will evolve already a post from the fans forum tonight casts doubts on the stadium situation.
You say clog up but how do you know that my opposite view isn’t right?

it could be. I know absolutely nothing (like most)
The negativity worries me, having watched the fans forum tonight and followed the club for a long time, I am prepared to lend my trust for the time being to the board, I think they have generally earnt it.
We have a manager who goes out of his way to praise the owners and say how supportive and honest they are and how they are doing all the right things, he doesn’t have to do that to the extent he does.
we hear tonight that the training ground (and any associated revenues) are in the clubs name and yet we still seem to have a section of the fan base that want to view them with suspicion or compare them to previous rogue owners.
Myles will be along once we lose a couple Of games to tells us we are all doomed and they are fronts for Putin (or some other conspiracy theory)

maybe just enjoy the ride and see how it plays out?

Name me a profitable, in 2019, retail/recreation park anchored by a football ground.
Better still name me a profitable retail/ recreation park currently trading .

I would say the main factor of why it was cold was the weather.

It’s (MK Dons stadium) also very windy in and around the stadium, so not sure if it’s built on higher ground with no protection from the elements. A bit like the open end at the Kassam.

Nnngh! You wrote "The investors have said that the retail units, flats, houses, hotels will be payed for and owned by them. This will offset the cost to build a stadium and be gifted to the club. "

This thread has been the most ostentatious effusion of speculative fart on any football forum in the known universe ever, most of which has been empty-headed optimism warmed gently over a cauldron of hope and consumed with the sweetest candy-floss. Perhaps it was the notion of the investors making a gift*, although that's not the least realistic hope expressed it inspired a vision of Hans Geisecke (whatever) saving squirrels from under the wheels of municipal vehicles, or Zaki Nuseibah (ditto) saving butterflies from being broken on a wheel. So sorry for that, but you essentially said they'd walk away and I said they won't.

The best that can happen in this most Voltairean of all possible worlds, is that they link the club entity with the hotel-owning, ground-owning, money-making entity in some perpetual(ish) manner that the club benefits from the erm synergies even should they (the investors) lose interest in their train set footy team as they (investors) mostly do.

Will that do?

* "Gift" means to give up any right, title or interest in a thing, including any right to benefit from it in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom