Potential New Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read it and I did state bring facilities/ improve up to date. I have always maintained we would be better off moving but Bristol City did it so why couldn’t we if that is an option.

Because we don't own the stadium as it is. So we would have to throw 20 mil + to buy and to get it up to a good standard and build a 4th stand. Then we have the issue of we don't own the car park or the access road to the ozone. So kassam will always have one over us.

Where as if we buy land, build a state of the art stadium not one designed in the 90s. Seats closer to the pitch, corners filled in etc. And a leisure complex, flats etc on the surrounded land. Everyone will be better off including the club and the fans.

Yes it could cost the board 50 million to build all this but in the right location they could be in for a big earning. Oxfordshire is crying out for more leisure facilities, let's go bigger and better than the ozone. Ice rink, waterpark, indoor skiing, etc

I think that Bristol City owned their ground..
The club seem to be clearly looking at a new site. I am not sure that the Council will give the club land for leisure facilities nowhere near the ground?
If we move to a new ground it goes side by sideI 100% agree and that is the best option.There are certain leisure facilities Oxford lacks in as someone said on here last week. The land could be owned by a private person so being given land by the council would be irrelevant or did you mean planning permission.

Because we don't own the stadium as it is. So we would have to throw 20 mil + to buy and to get it up to a good standard and build a 4th stand. Then we have the issue of we don't own the car park or the access road to the ozone. So kassam will always have one over us.

Where as if we buy land, build a state of the art stadium not one designed in the 90s. Seats closer to the pitch, corners filled in etc. And a leisure complex, flats etc on the surrounded land. Everyone will be better off including the club and the fans.

Yes it could cost the board 50 million to build all this but in the right location they could be in for a big earning. Oxfordshire is crying out for more leisure facilities, let's go bigger and better than the ozone. Ice rink, waterpark, indoor skiing, etc
100% agree this is the best option. I also agree regarding the leisure facilities although nowhere did I or will I ever say buy the Ozone.

100% agree this is the best option. I also agree regarding the leisure facilities although nowhere did I or will I ever say buy the Ozone.

Yes I know you didn't hence why I said there will always be the issue with kassam still wearing the shoes and being the neighbour from hell if we bought the stadium.

It's time to move on to another location, I'm glad the board have the same thoughts on this.

Yes I know you didn't hence why I said there will always be the issue with kassam still wearing the shoes and being the neighbour from hell if we bought the stadium.

It's time to move on to another location, I'm glad the board have the same thoughts on this.
I agree but as we know it’s Oxford and planning is always complicated and land goes for big money.

Do they?
Isn’t it the investors money not NM and co who are pushing this idea.

And it involves Kassam.

I thought the colleges/council were trying to get North Oxford Golf Club allocated for housing and move the golf club elsewhere a year or so back. I remember an OM article saying the club got a little financial sweetener to not fight the application!

Could build a nice stadium, leisure facilities, and housing estate on that land easy.
Right next to A34.
Train station is yards away.
And you could argue that its still within Oxford!

Brooke’s uni place is shutting soon.
Just saying.

That was my thought. But the roads will need to be improved and new junctions off the a40 surely would be needed. Would be cheaper to build on land that already has good road and train links. Stratfield brake or anywhere near water Eaton is the best option.

As suggested by others a statue with Jim Smith, Maurice Evans and Ken Fish together at the new stadium for me.
Perhaps we ought to do a Trafalgar Square and as well as those, have an empty plinth that can be occupied by whoever is the current flavour of the month. When they fall from grace we can have a ceremonial statue toppling (a la Saddam) pre-match.

Perhaps we ought to do a Trafalgar Square and as well as those, have an empty plinth that can be occupied by whoever is the current flavour of the month. When they fall from grace we can have a ceremonial statue toppling (a la Saddam) pre-match.

I like this. :)

I remember a period of hysteria when there was a campaign to sign a non league striker called Ben Abbey. He was hailed as the messiah even though no one had seen him play. He could have occupied the plinth for a month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom