Potential New Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was my thought. But the roads will need to be improved and new junctions off the a40 surely would be needed. Would be cheaper to build on land that already has good road and train links. Stratfield brake or anywhere near water Eaton is the best option.
Heard from a VERY RELIABLE source that it is Stratfield Brake!!

And I stand by that.
Thats fair enough Colin. I'm not ITK on this one but was told by a fairly senior employee at OUFC. I have no reason to believe its bull****. Maybe their information is wrong!!
Oh, and I hope your right. That location would not be good for me!!

Fair enough! At least we’re having a who’s got the best source for the new ground discussion which is progress on the last 20 years.

Will only be progress when it’s being built and the finalised!

We’ve had talk for years.

There's a difference between knowing that certain sites are not being considered, and breaking confidentialities by saying which sites are being looked at.

I have a lot more faith in @Colin B than I do in some of those who post, no matter how well intended they are.

Ok maybe he can't say what the site is. But have we actually found a site where we can purchase and put in a planning application? I've heard Stratfield brake mentioned not just on here and unless we have found a site then I wouldn't be ruling this one out just yet.

Ok maybe he can't say what the site is. But have we actually found a site where we can purchase and put in a planning application? I've heard Stratfield brake mentioned not just on here and unless we have found a site then I wouldn't be ruling this one out just yet.
We've looked at a few sites and I believe at least one is much higher up the list than Stratfield Brake.

Of course, you should never say never, but I think you can say that it's unlikely.

We've looked at a few sites and I believe at least one is much higher up the list than Stratfield Brake.

Of course, you should never say never, but I think you can say that it's unlikely.

Be interesting if anything is said at the fans forum on Tuesday night at the training ground, live on radio Oxford. Clock is ticking though if we are going to have a new stadium before the lease runs out on the kassam. I'm not sure on timescale of how long it takes to get planning permission and build time on something like this.

I really think Oxford as a city deserves a state of the art stadium that can hold other events not just football and if we develop around it like milton keynes have then we will be in for a winner. Just don't use the stadium mk as a template as its a very poorly designed stadium. Would rather have a single tier bowl with steaper gradient seating.

Maybe there is no potential new ground. Maybe the only hope is to get good old uncle F on side..?
Have you been following the threads on here in the past few years and listening to what the club have been saying?

Have you been following the threads on here in the past few years and listening to what the club have been saying?
Yep Ive been listening but not really hearing a huge amount. How everything is being kept so secret is very impressive, nobody really has a clue whats going on at the moment. As others have said, hopefully we’ll get a snippet by the end of this season.

We should know in a few months now, so not long to wait.

I thought the owner of stray field Brake would have sold but now won’t sell, so now we move on

Unfortunately for the club, it's the investors who decides where their money is spent and how they are going to get that back..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom