General POLL - Email OCC Before 19th September

Have You Emailed OCC Yet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
and that percentage increases dramatically (to 90% and more) when leaving out those who live within a 2-mile radius of the proposed site.
Nicely played 🤣 👏 those living too close just can't be objective on the issue can they... 😁

Yep, check the main Stadium thread for the notes I took while getting the bus home.

(That’s right, FoSB - public transport!)
Oh, thanks MJB...getting late to this, as normal. I think I stopped at page 665, not wanting to go any further in case the devil (i.e., our favourite cautiously neutral friend) got me.

I still think that I'll keep this concern in my letter, though. It can't do any harm. I have now changed the stadium size to 126,000, though, following my examination of the size of the stadium (thoughtfully provided by my friends at FoSB).

An email simply requesting they support the stadium move on the 19th is better than no email at all, let's not wait for the right words to appear, get an email put together and press send, no matter how short and sweet it is.
Indeed.

Even a three sentence email will be fine. As we go into the last week for emails too Cabinet, short is better in fact.

I shortened mine, and it's now been sent to all members of the cabinet.

But I agree with MJB that just a few words asking for their support is really all that's necessary, and it then should take almost no time at all to do. What matters is that they should hear from as many of us as possible.

60 "yes" so far, that's good. 600 would be better. Let's try for 6,000 by the 19th!!!

I've sent my email tonight to the cabinet members.

I focused on:-

(1) Commercial benefit of the new stadium - including the spend of the football fan. e.g. myself and my daughter spent £50 + in non-OUFC outlets at the Carlisle game (at the Westgate etc)

(2) The Green issues - how the club have provided detailed answers, and how pleased I was to see the focus on green issues.

(3) The need to protect the club and fans from a ‘Kassam’ type situation - I've trust in this board but we can't be complacent. People that I trust on this forum have made reassuring noises, but I'd like to see how this works in reality (i.e. peppercorn rent, ensuring that the club / stadiium cannot be split in the future etc).

I've sent my email tonight to the cabinet members.

I focused on:-

(1) Commercial benefit of the new stadium - including the spend of the football fan. e.g. myself and my daughter spent £50 + in non-OUFC outlets at the Carlisle game (at the Westgate etc)

(2) The Green issues - how the club have provided detailed answers, and how pleased I was to see the focus on green issues.

(3) The need to protect the club and fans from a ‘Kassam’ type situation - I've trust in this board but we can't be complacent. People that I trust on this forum have made reassuring noises, but I'd like to see how this works in reality (i.e. peppercorn rent, ensuring that the club / stadiium cannot be split in the future etc).
Excellent stuff.

Our fanbase is at its best at times like this.

💛💙

Laid it on thick my end. Mentioned the love for oufc, connections to my family, Friends and social life thru the club.
Talked about this once in a lifetime opportunity for investment and how seeing the full planning details will be a revelation to the whole county. Linked it to local and Central government objectives including health and infrastructure improvements for the whole county to benefit...
Talked about how kasstad is unsustainable and why... Ended with assumptively looking forward to the decision on 19th.

Ours is a positive campaign and our emails to OCC will inevitably reflect that.

FOSB are an anti community group of Nymby’s, their emails to OCC will be full of negativity.

OCC will want to be on the positive bus.
Send in your positive email to OCC if you haven’t already done so.

Ours is a positive campaign and our emails to OCC will inevitably reflect that.

FOSB are an anti community group of Nymby’s, their emails to OCC will be full of negativity.

OCC will want to be on the positive bus.
Send in your positive email to OCC if you haven’t already done so.
Let’s hope there is an equivalent to @Scotchegg in the Council then 😀

My partner and son will be writing in support ( who knows one of the councillors)
I was discussing the whole thing today. IF things went against the club on 19th, the repercussions are quite awful.
This decision is hugely important, so write those e mails!

if youve not emailed your county councillor ( if you live in the shire) , or the county council cabinet as yet - as Rik Mayall playing the part of lord Flashheart said ( nows the timeto) doooooo it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom