General POLL - Email OCC Before 19th September

Have You Emailed OCC Yet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
(as did @Scotchegg) Ive additionally emailed the leader and cc'd deputy leader of the Green party on the County council - pointing out the misleading claims in FoSB email to them

asked em to look the stadium proposals with an open mind as well ( I used Brighton - where their co party leaders constituency is as an example of what benefits a new stadium has on an area )

Last edited:
How many regular followers do we have on this forum?

The reason I ask is,as of today
49 have sent e mails
13 will send them

So a total of 62 out of how many regular subscribers

Mods can you tell us

So 1900 members but let’s say 75% of them don’t look at these boards on a regular basis
That is still 400/450 reading these posts and only 62 have written in

That is an appalling statistic and quite honestly I really do wonder if fans really do know what is at stake here
Do we want our club to survive or not 😡

So 1900 members but let’s say 75% of them don’t look at these boards on a regular basis
That is still 400/450 reading these posts and only 62 have written in

That is an appalling statistic and quite honestly I really do wonder if fans really do know what is at stake here
Do we want our club to survive or not 😡
Don’t forget a large number may have written in and just not actually posted that they have, or not completed the poll. There may also be large numbers of site guests who obviously haven’t stated if they sent an email or not. Add in summer holidays etc… and we can only hope that the 62 you refer to may be the tip of the iceberg but there’s no way of knowing for sure. I understand where you are coming from though.

Out of interest 125 have voted on the Port Vale MOTM. So I wonder if a reminder is also needed about completing the County Council email poll? To be fair I nearly forgot to add my name to that statistic earlier today.

Don’t forget a large number may have written in and just not actually posted that they have, or not completed the poll. There may also be large numbers of site guests who obviously haven’t stated if they sent an email or not. Add in summer holidays etc… and we can only hope that the 62 you refer to may be the tip of the iceberg but there’s no way of knowing for sure. I understand where you are coming from though.

Out of interest 125 have voted on the Port Vale MOTM. So I wonder if a reminder is also needed about completing the County Council email poll? To be fair I nearly forgot to add my name to that statistic earlier today.
Good point
Perhaps this poll should be on the stadium thread where there will be more views
Mods can we put one on there?

Yep.

It’s more a reminder to people, rather than an accurate figure. I know of a fair number of posters on here who have written but have not voted in the poll. That’s fine.

The main intention was/is to keep reminding those who haven’t emailed or aren’t sure if it’s worthwhile doing.

I only use the What’s New tab on this forum so have no idea what section it sits in. But yes, it should really sit in the Stadium section.

Yep.

It’s more a reminder to people, rather than an accurate figure. I know of a fair number of posters on here who have written but have not voted in the poll. That’s fine.

The main intention was/is to keep reminding those who haven’t emailed or aren’t sure if it’s worthwhile doing.

I only use the What’s New tab on this forum so have no idea what section it sits in. But yes, it should really sit in the Stadium section.
MJB

Forgive me this is in no way a criticism of what you do. I thank you for all your efforts and others to make people aware.
It’s just that I feel there is too much apathy around or some people thinking lots of other fans will respond so I needn’t bother

MJB

Forgive me this is in no way a criticism of what you do. I thank you for all your efforts and others to make people aware.
It’s just that I feel there is too much apathy around or some people thinking lots of other fans will respond so I needn’t bother
I’m in no way saying there isn’t complacency.

Just that this thread’s poll doesn’t represent the total number of emails which will have gone in from fans on this board.

We absolutely should be getting more people to respond.

Again to reiterate my point it looks like there were 5400 replies
60 % in favour so around 3600
We have 5000 ST holders alone we have around another 3/4000 who attend matches on a regular basis
Why the f**k didn’t they all respond
Again I totally get your point Aldo, but don’t forget a fair number of ST holders or match day attendees are kids, or could be from the same families, so may not have done individual responses and also I’m sure quite a number won’t be users of the internet or at least able to complete something like that on line.

Only trying to put another little slant on it, but do totally understand your concerns 👍. I’d have expected a higher response too, but equally if vast numbers were really against, I’d have expected a much higher proportion to have completed the survey. So being positive I think that speaks even bigger volumes in favour.

Again I totally get your point Aldo, but don’t forget a fair number of ST holders or match day attendees are kids, or could be from the same families, so may not have done individual responses and also I’m sure quite a number won’t be users of the internet or at least able to complete something like that on line.

Only trying to put another little slant on it, but do totally understand your concerns 👍. I’d have expected a higher response too, but equally if vast numbers were really against, I’d have expected a much higher proportion to have completed the survey. So being positive I think that speaks even bigger volumes in favour.
We should also remember that there will have been some feeling of consultation fatigue given that this was the second major engagement activity from the County Council within a relatively small amount of time.

We’ve REALLY got to be wary of that when a consultation opens (hopefully) during a formal planning process. CGI images, videos and more detailed information on the new stadium should hopefully mitigate that, but it will really require all of us to persuade people at that stage as it will be the most important of all.

For now, let’s just concentrate on getting more people we know to email the Cabinet. One step at a time.

Again to reiterate my point it looks like there were 5400 replies
60 % in favour so around 3600
We have 5000 ST holders alone we have around another 3/4000 who attend matches on a regular basis
Why the f**k didn’t they all respond
Considering I managed to get around 40 other non OUFC fans to complete it that is very low. Let's just hope that it is enough

We’re close to fifty confirmed emails on here, but a large number of ‘will-dos’.

Would be good to hit the half century in the next day or two…
Glad to see we've hit 50 confirmations in this thread's poll of people emailing the cabinet.

Let's get those 13 "no but I will" numbers into the "yes" category. And for those who haven't thought about or done so yet (whether it's you or those you know), please do spend a few minutes changing that in the coming days.

The County Council's paperwork for the recent public engagement showed a majority support the development. However, the local BBC's reporting showed how facts can be used to paint a very specific, disingenuous counter-argument. Let's not let our Cabinet members be swayed by that kind of pejorative, selective use of data.

One more push before 19 September and, if things go well, things get really exciting. If not, I dread to think...

It's in our hands to help make a difference - don't leave it to others.

http://www.oxvox.org.uk/occwrite/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom