Pavon Singha

Feeling a bit easier about it all now ?
Not feeling easy but intrigued by the connections. If, and that is a very big if, this means some serious investment and real funding then very good.

The proof will be in the progress made over the next few months. Let's wait and see.

Not feeling easy but intrigued by the connections. If, and that is a very big if, this means some serious investment and real funding then very good.

The proof will be in the progress made over the next few months. Let's wait and see.
It makes me laugh how those who want to 'wait and see' following any positive news are also the quickest to condemn everyone off the back of the slightest negative rumour.

What would you class as "serious investment and real funding"?

I'm not the Hawkster but we appear to have a well established company, an exceptionally wealthy business man and links to previous (and fairly successful) investments into English football.

What is there to feel uneasy about?

It makes me laugh how those who want to 'wait and see' following any positive news are also the quickest to condemn everyone off the back of the slightest negative rumour.

I'm not the Hawkster but we appear to have a well established company, an exceptionally wealthy business man and links to previous (and fairly successful) investments into English football.

The lack of any clarity or guarantees I guess.

Fellow fans do generally have the best interests of the club at heart even if, like me, you often think their default mode in cautious or concerned.

We’re all of us wired slightly differently.

And this response typifies why I have not bothered posting of late.

Any dissent shown to those on the "positivity bus" is met with criticism and often abuse.

Why do I have to quantify "serious investment and real funding"? Or is it that you need parameters in order to specify your critique?
The last season has shown how wrong things can get despite all the rhetoric to convince us of intent.

Wait and see. Cautious optimism. What is so wrong with that? Has this forum become the exclusive social media outlet for the Tiger/DE acolytes?

Am I the only one wondering if this will mean closer links with Chelsea? Not necessarily a bad thing if we get some of their younger players here.

Any dissent shown to those on the "positivity bus" is met with criticism and often abuse.

Why do I have to quantify "serious investment and real funding"? Or is it that you need parameters in order to specify your critique?
The last season has shown how wrong things can get despite all the rhetoric to convince us of intent.

Wait and see. Cautious optimism. What is so wrong with that? Has this forum become the exclusive social media outlet for the Tiger/DE acolytes?

Steady on.

I have never abused anyone not on the positive bus. Even when taking personal abuse from the likes of charlie.

It was a genuine question, and there is nothing wrong with a wait and see approach , i think u will find that’s exactly the route I’ve taken from day one, rather than panicking over speculation on threads like beware of the tiger.

Some will jump on the smallest negative or loss and be straight on here doommongering (they know who they are) but then won’t been seen for days on end after positive news like the last few days or a win.

As I’ve been saying, tiger has put in place a lot of little things behind the scenes, each on their own maybe don’t mean a lot but when u put them all together, the new staff, new training ground, academy, marketing, sponsorship (which is massive) the bigger picture suddenly looks bloody rosey from where I’m sitting. And that’s from a very low starting place as well, showing just how much Darryl had let things slip in the last year.

The futures bright, the futures yellow

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't seen it posted anywhere else here yet (perhaps I've skipped over it), but it was reported that the sponsorship alone is a high six figure deal over two seasons.

This has probably been in the background for a while. And I'm assuming we would have wanted to get some transfers through before we announced big financial investment, so as not to drive the prices up. But this announcement couldn't wait too much longer into the summer.

I, for one, welcome our new Thai overlords.

Especially if it gets Beer back on draught and continues to fund players like Rob Dickie who was easily my POTS for the post-Xmas period. Maybe this means signings are close and fees already agreed, Tiger seems too business savvy to have announced this before allowing clubs the opportunity to push prices up.

A very interesting comment in the article from Singha:
"It's not a hobby anymore - we don't see it as a toy"

Let's see how it shakes out. For those understandably worried about the DE monies, this should help spread the liability and assist the club in getting that debt paid off, however they choose to do it.

Never any excuse for abuse but what's the issue with criticism?

Why do people nowadays seem to think they have a right to an unchallenged view?

This has to be good news for a stadium deal. Or even s purchase!
The current catering sells only that carlsburg
I haven't seen it posted anywhere else here yet (perhaps I've skipped over it), but it was reported that the sponsorship alone is a high six figure deal over two seasons.

This has probably been in the background for a while. And I'm assuming we would have wanted to get some transfers through before we announced big financial investment, so as not to drive the prices up. But this announcement couldn't wait too much longer into the summer.

1,390.26 p is a 6 figure sum

• React
Reactions: MJB

How about £0000.01 too? :p

Someone's a little sensitive.

The reason I asked what your ideas of "serious investment and real funding" was to gather at what point you'd feel happy with the deal. If Singha put in £1m to support Tiger, would that be significant enough or nothing more than a token? Would you be expecting £5m? £10m? The stadium?

Because when you play the 'wait and see' card it helps if others know what you are waiting to see. Understanding each other's views is a way to encourage discussion (not abuse as you suggest).

And of course caution is fine, but I see very little optimism in your post. Maybe a spell on the positive bus will help you see how good things are!

Err, not in the East Stand, it doesn’t. You can get a nice pint of Shotover Prospect for a fairly reasonable £4.

Back
Top Bottom