Pavon Singha

I have concerns about Tiger. Some don't care but personally I would LOVE him to give us some kind of strategy (does he plan to get out after 2 years/ 5 years/ as soon as we get to the Championship, does he care less about the Ground etc etc).

But... I reckon that action wise he has done well so far. So..

Puma & Singha deals: no evidence that these are commercially better/worse- . Substantial six figure sum has been quoted. You would suppose that it is likely to be a far better commercial deal (and Liontrust are staying on as sponsors?)
Training Ground- it had been planned but no the club had NOT committed to paying/ playing there. Tiger was left to sign on this.
U23's - It appears that we are going to make this far more seriously. More U23 players than simply the Youth team players and the fringe first team players.
KR- as you rightly suggest I reckon that this was a very good appointment. Who cares one jot whether he was first choice?

500k a year is what Singha are paying.

The Ox Mail, in article, said the sponsorship deal was a significant one on the hundreds of thousands. Now of course, a pinch of salt there is FFP, only because I recall Man U complaining about how much Citeh got in sponsorship deals from their backers vs market value.

I'd assume a L1 team is a bit different though

Charlie*? :D

*As he saved us back in the day according to the interview up in Sunderland
I hear this is some art work he commissioned for his house to portray that work
moses-parting-red-sea-barrett-301889-wallpaper.jpg

I’m Chartle!
It's not who is Chartle, it's what is a Chartle?

Is it the sound someone makes when they've been willing something to go wrong for someone and then it looks like there's a possibility it could? ("I had to Chartle at that").

Or is it the rules by which we all must abide to avoid ridicule and derision whilst posting on internet forums? . . .(or the Magna Chartle to give it it's formal title).

Or is it the term used to describe an imaginary parcel of land. (as in a Chartle of land)

You decide!

Call my Bluff...what a show that was!

from one of the linked articles
“For the Thai owners of English clubs, these are guys who are in their fifties and sixties and financially they have no issues,” Pavin continued. “If they were to start a club in Thailand, it would take years of work and investment but these clubs in England are ready-made. It’s true that they can help market a company but it’s about the passion too and the excitement and when you have that then you want to be involved.”

Correct me if I'm wrong but Pavin / Singha don't currently own any football clubs apart from Bangkok Glass. However do sponsor [edit: not Everton, but some sponsorship at Leicester] and now Oxford United.

It does seem that owning an English football club is the big status symbol amongst these Thai owners, so I wonder whether Tiger is getting Singha involved first as sponsor with an eventual aim to take a shareholding or takeover? Or are we too small a club, rather than a club with a ready made big stadium and crowds to match?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom