Matches Oxford v Pompey 10k+

Ka$$am has had enough of our money. We need/must get away from him. Builing a new stand would cost the club in building costs and rent voor Ka$$am. Then in 2026 how do we transfer OUR stand to any new location?

Might potentially weaken the planning application too if we increase capacity at our current home.

Ka$$am has had enough of our money. We need/must get away from him. Builing a new stand would cost the club in building costs and rent voor Ka$$am. Then in 2026 how do we transfer OUR stand to any new location?

He said temporary stand like Gillingham's not a permanent structure..it's basically scaffold with seats bolted to it. Could sell it on when we move or weigh it in for scrap.

I think temporary was the key word. We wouldn’t be transferring it anywhere, the scaffold would be taken down by the company we hire it from and that would be that.

You rent these stands for certain events
Eg The Open and indeed smaller venues
So you can order them for one event or 6/12 months and when you’re done the company take them away
I think it makes sense, the increase in season tickets alone would cover it plus you don’t have to segregate the North stand and that means more home fans

I certainly am not wanting a permanent structure

Colin
Hypothetically if we get promoted in the next two seasons, we will attract bigger home crowds in most games

Have the club thought about a temporary stand at the fence end for the whole season. I know this was discussed for some of our big cup games and the Swindon fixtures but never came to fruition
When you look at what they have at Gillingham I’m sure we could do better and house up to 2000 away fans
I assume OGB would want more rent if this was the case although we would provide the stands at our own expense
Any thoughts
If it happened it would be a temporary, rented stand, with a roof, and would be totally at the club's cost. Probable capacity 2,000/2,500. Kassam would want extra money from the club as compensation for the car parking spaces "he" would lose! It would most likely house the away fans, but that comes with added complexity around security, ticketing, separate toilets and catering etc

As ever, it would rely on the club's relationship with Kassam at the time!!! It would also need a planning application and safety approval.

If it happened it would be a temporary, rented stand, with a roof, and would be totally at the club's cost. Probable capacity 2,000/2,500. Kassam would want extra money from the club as compensation for the car parking spaces "he" would lose! It would most likely house the away fans, but that comes with added complexity around security, ticketing, separate toilets and catering etc

As ever, it would rely on the club's relationship with Kassam at the time!!! It would also need a planning application and safety approval.

It was costed out for a one off when we played Swindon for the first time in the league a few seasons ago. And just wasn’t worth it from a revenue vs cost point of view.

I’ve posted before but our 10k crowds have been very few over the last 20 years.

A temp stand might be worth exploring again if we are in the Championship and regularly getting decent away support.

(Until we move …)

It was costed out for a one off when we played Swindon for the first time in the league a few seasons ago. And just wasn’t worth it from a revenue vs cost point of view.

I’ve posted before but our 10k crowds have been very few over the last 20 years.

A temp stand might be worth exploring again if we are in the Championship and regularly getting decent away support.

(Until we move …)
Yes we would need it in the Championship.
Potentially 3 over 10k crowds in a row ( with as you say the backdrop of few over the past 20 years) , hopefully shows that crowds are genuinely on the up.

As I recall, the issue of having a stand at the west end was permitted by FK, at a sizeable consideration paid to himself but, the additional stewarding, ticketing and police involvement made it, more or less, a financial loss. The project was shelved unless there ever came a time when it could be guaranteed to be utilised for every game. As we stand now, in league 1, that won't happen. Even in the Championship it would remain a question.

We looked at a temporary stand several times when I was working for OUFC. There was no issue with it in principle, all doable logistically and permission from all necessary parties was in the bag, but in those days it always came down to Kassam saying, “I want the net profit from it, because otherwise why would I bother letting you do this on my land?”

A complete and utter b*stard of the highest order, but that’s the type of stranglehold he’s put the club under for years. Which is why in the past even though it wasn’t right for him to behave like that and people were right to be fuming, the worst thing ‘regular fans’ could do in real terms was try to fight him and slap him about. He had the club’s proverbials in a vice and thought nothing of tightening it if he was provoked (regardless of who was right or wrong morally), so the best way to survive was to just try to work around him quietly until circumstances eventually changed.

Which is now.

We looked at a temporary stand several times when I was working for OUFC. There was no issue with it in principle, all doable logistically and permission from all necessary parties was in the bag, but in those days it always came down to Kassam saying, “I want the net profit from it, because otherwise why would I bother letting you do this on my land?”

A complete and utter b*stard of the highest order, but that’s the type of stranglehold he’s put the club under for years. Which is why in the past even though it wasn’t right for him to behave like that and people were right to be fuming, the worst thing ‘regular fans’ could do in real terms was try to fight him and slap him about. He had the club’s proverbials in a vice and thought nothing of tightening it if he was provoked (regardless of who was right or wrong morally), so the best way to survive was to just try to work around him quietly until circumstances eventually changed.

Which is now.

Well, now I've changed my tune about Mr Kassam. Here was me thinking he was our nice custodian.

He sounds like a ploppy poo head.

At 4.30pm on Friday there were 1,711 seats still available taking total home sales to an estimated 7,895.

Add in 1,774 from Pompey, and we are at a current estimated total of 9,669.

14 seats newly made available in central Block 12 of South Stand Upper for anyone who hasn't bought yet and wants a central view.

The current breakdown of remaining seats is:

South Stand Lower - 570
Block 1 - 189, 2- 168, 3 - 11, 4 - 9, 5 - 0, 6 - 9, 7 - 25, 8 - 159

South Stand Upper - 344
Block 9 - 165, 10 - 7, 11 - 7, 12 - 15, 13 - 3, 14 - 11, 15 - 136

East Stand - 271
Block 16 - 48 17 - 51, 18 - 3, 19 - 10, 20 - 35, 21 - 124

North Stand - 526
Block 22 - 169, 23 - 88, 24 - 144, 25 - 125

At 4.30pm on Friday there were 1,711 seats still available taking total home sales to an estimated 7,895.

Add in 1,774 from Pompey, and we are at a current estimated total of 9,669.

14 seats newly made available in central Block 12 of South Stand Upper for anyone who hasn't bought yet and wants a central view.

South Stand Lower - 570
Block 1 - 189, 2- 168, 3 - 11, 4 - 9, 5 - 0, 6 - 9, 7 - 25, 8 - 159

South Stand Upper - 344
Block 9 - 165, 10 - 7, 11 - 7, 12 - 15, 13 - 3, 14 - 11, 15 - 136

East Stand - 271
Block 16 - 48 17 - 51, 18 - 3, 19 - 10, 20 - 35, 21 - 124

North Stand - 526
Block 22 - 169, 23 - 88, 24 - 144, 25 - 125
Cheers.

25 sold in the last few minutes. Friday evening is usually busy with online sales, so I'll have a look later and post an update and then do a final update before leaving for the game at about 11am tomorrow.

I still think we'll be around 10,500 total.

One last push! Excellent work so far, but every extra fan is one more voice to help the team towards the result we need, as well as further evidence that this club needs a new home in the county as we continue to grow. Its not too late to spread the word further, see if a family member, friend or work colleague wants to jump in your car if you have space! And hopefully they will be the ones bringing a mate next time up! https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2022/fe...for-oxford-united-vs-portsmouth-on-05-feb-22/

Which is now.
Have things changed with the new owners?

Lots of things seem to have been sorted out like the unpaid rent issue and now we get some revenue on food /drink sold etc

He might be listen now ………. Or not

As of 8.15pm on Friday, another 152 sales since 4.30pm and there are now only 1,559 seats still available, taking total home sales to an estimated 8,047.

Add in 1,774 from Pompey, and we are at a current estimated total of 9,821.

South Stand Lower - 560
Block 1 - 189, 2- 164, 3 - 11, 4 - 8, 5 - 0, 6 - 8, 7 - 21, 8 - 159

South Stand Upper - 306
Block 9 - 150, 10 - 4, 11 - 6, 12 - 1, 13 - 3, 14 - 9, 15 - 133

East Stand - 239
Block 16 - 44 17 - 40, 18 - 2, 19 - 6, 20 - 29, 21 - 118

North Stand - 454
Block 22 - 135, 23 - 74, 24 - 133, 25 - 112

As of 8.15pm on Friday, another 152 sales since 4.30pm and there are now only 1,559 seats still available, taking total home sales to an estimated 8,047.

Add in 1,774 from Pompey, and we are at a current estimated total of 9,821.

South Stand Lower - 560
Block 1 - 189, 2- 164, 3 - 11, 4 - 8, 5 - 0, 6 - 8, 7 - 21, 8 - 159

South Stand Upper - 306
Block 9 - 150, 10 - 4, 11 - 6, 12 - 1, 13 - 3, 14 - 9, 15 - 133

East Stand - 239
Block 16 - 44 17 - 40, 18 - 2, 19 - 6, 20 - 29, 21 - 118

North Stand - 454
Block 22 - 135, 23 - 74, 24 - 133, 25 - 112
That's good, as I was setting a target of staying 100 ahead of the Sheff Wed sales of 8,001 at close of play tonight. So we're only 50 off of that target at the moment, and I'm sure we'll beat it.

I'll do a check tonight at about 11pm and post the numbers. 10,500 incoming!

Current home sales are 8,150.

That's 150 ahead of the Sheff Wed game at this stage, 100 sales since 8:15pm and 50 above the target I was hoping to reach by close of play on Friday. Minimum sales on the day are 400, with 600 achieved for Sheff Wed and Morecambe. We are only about 75 short of 10,000 at this moment, so I'd say we're well on target for 10,500. Excellent!

Another great effort from everyone to get another 10k+ crowd we need to start pushing the Bolton game aswel now it's only a week away hopefully a good win today will help encourage families new and old supporters to book tickets for next week
COYY

Is the ticket site down? I can't get on it this morning. Can someone else have a try and post on here please.

Hope I haven't broken it!!!

Back
Top Bottom