Oxford Half!

BeechRoadBokelberg

Any fellow yellows doing the Oxford Half Marathon on Sunday?

I’ve done it a few times in the past, but going along to spectate this weekend and support some running club members.

Always good spotting a variety of Oxford shirts! 😎

Afraid not. Enjoyed it last year but haven’t had the time to train this autumn. Good luck to everyone taking part - it’s great fun.

No, didn't think it was good value, I've entered the MK Marathon for the same cost. Done it twice in the past, and it's where I have my half PB (1hr47).

Good luck to those doing it, looks like being sunny and around 13 degrees, perfect distance running weather.

No, didn't think it was good value, I've entered the MK Marathon for the same cost. Done it twice in the past, and it's where I have my half PB (1hr47).

Good luck to those doing it, looks like being sunny and around 13 degrees, perfect distance running weather.

Yes, the cost of a half marathon entry for the city ones these days is expensive! I did Bristol a couple of weeks ago which was 40 odd quid.

Cheapest one I did was Sevilla a few yrs ago (€20!) - held in January so nice and cool 😎

Highlights from yesterday:

At 5 and 7 mile point seeing a guy running in a tiger costume while bouncing a basketball round the route! (1hr 50 pace!) 😯

As if it’s not tough enough anyway, saw two guys on the course with washing machines attached to their backs!!! πŸ˜–πŸ‘ŠπŸ»

Highlights from yesterday:

At 5 and 7 mile point seeing a guy running in a tiger costume while bouncing a basketball round the route! (1hr 50 pace!) 😯

As if it’s not tough enough anyway, saw two guys on the course with washing machines attached to their backs!!! πŸ˜–πŸ‘ŠπŸ»
Lol. I know a bloke who ran the 6ft track (45 km trail run) juggling while wearing a gorilla suit.

Back
Top Bottom