General Derelict Abandonded buildings (etc) near Oxford?

are there any derelict abandoned buildings on oxon/ northants, oxon /oxon/berks, oxon / bucks, oxon/warks , oxon/wilts borders that anyone knows of ?

still looking for viable locations for the two separate shoots due in the next few weeks.... some good suggestions so far thanks, but none close enough for whats needed ( some of the other suggestions are now 'on file' for potential future shoots)

any posters from Kidlington/ north of Kidlington posters throw any light/ info on the derelict building possibly in around Thrupp / Shipston area close to or just off the Oxford canal tow path? .... thanks in advance
Yes the old manor at Hampton gay

cheers for Hampton Gay info @thegrumpyporter - appreciated

for what is require both the two shoots are ideally looking for a deserted/ abandoned / derelict site

Hampton Gay being more of a ruin is one for perhaps future shoots, where the subjects arent wanting something quite as specific

cheers for Hampton Gay info @thegrumpyporter - appreciated

for what is require both the two shoots are ideally looking for a deserted/ abandoned / derelict site

Hampton Gay being more of a ruin is one for perhaps future shoots, where the subjects arent wanting something quite as specific
Well you were asking who knew about the ruin in the thrupp area so I thought I'd send it to you. Sham it's no good but at least you know what people were on about now

Well you were asking who knew about the ruin in the thrupp area so I thought I'd send it to you. Sham it's no good but at least you know what people were on about now
apparently ... though location is a bit vague.... the one that's been mentioned to me is a derelict property that's been abandoned ( possibly in the last few years?) its more recently been fenced off.. due to vandalism, damage and graffiti , its close to/ not far from the Oxford canal? its somewhere in the Kidlington/ north of Kidlington area.... the person who let me know said it may be in the Thrupp or Shipton area but wasn't sure

But again, thanks for the info re Hampton Gay ruins - useful for a future shoot ( just not the couple Ive got coming up soon) , it is appreciated

apparently ... though location is a bit vague.... the one that's been mentioned to me is a derelict property that's been abandoned ( possibly in the last few years?) its more recently been fenced off.. due to vandalism, damage and graffiti , its close to/ not far from the Oxford canal? its somewhere in the Kidlington/ north of Kidlington area.... the person who let me know said it may be in the Thrupp or Shipton area but wasn't sure

But again, thanks for the info re Hampton Gay ruins - useful for a future shoot ( just not the couple Ive got coming up soon) , it is appreciated
It's not the Rock of Gibraltar at enslow is it that's derelict and boarded up has been for a few now. And it's next to the Oxford canal

are there any derelict abandoned buildings on oxon/ northants, oxon /oxon/berks, oxon / bucks, oxon/warks , oxon/wilts borders that anyone knows of ?

still looking for viable locations for the two separate shoots due in the next few weeks.... some good suggestions so far thanks, but none close enough for whats needed ( some of the other suggestions are now 'on file' for potential future shoots)

any posters from Kidlington/ north of Kidlington posters throw any light/ info on the derelict building possibly in around Thrupp / Shipston area close to or just off the Oxford canal tow path? .... thanks in advance

Don't know any but have you looked for abandoned barns or is that the wrong type of building?

You'll have the Friends of Stratfield Brake after you at this rate! :)

Watlington’s old railway station is still standing, although you might need a good pair of garden shears to access it.
USAF Upper Heyford was always a good place for derelict buildings but is decreasing with every new housing development.
If you’re not looking for industrial, then there are a lot of compulsory purchased buildings along the HS2 route, derelict and due for demolition. Particularly around Calvert Village.
Most high streets are also littered with unused shops,
I’m not sure if it’s still standing, but the cement works at Bunkers Hill was also an interesting walk round.
If you can get access to the RAF Bicester site (much harder than it used to be) there are loads of interconnected disused machine gun bunkers that we used to play in as kids.

Watlington’s old railway station is still standing, although you might need a good pair of garden shears to access it.
USAF Upper Heyford was always a good place for derelict buildings but is decreasing with every new housing development.
If you’re not looking for industrial, then there are a lot of compulsory purchased buildings along the HS2 route, derelict and due for demolition. Particularly around Calvert Village.
I’m not sure if it’s still standing, but the cement works at Bunkers Hill was also an interesting walk round.
If you can get access to the RAF Bicester site (much harder than it used to be) there are loads of interconnected disused machine gun bunkers that we used to play in as kids.

The main bunker has been torn down for Bicester Heritage but you can still get into a pillbox.
Graven Hill would have been good but apart from the train track it’s now all new.

Not sure how you’d get into the airfield. Don’t think I’m small enough to fit under the fence anymore 😂😂

thanks for the tips/ suggestions @Oslernorth - more than a few worth investigating , very much appreciated

The main bunker has been torn down for Bicester Heritage but you can still get into a pillbox.
Graven Hill would have been good but apart from the train track it’s now all new.

Not sure how you’d get into the airfield. Don’t think I’m small enough to fit under the fence anymore 😂😂
cheers @BristolOx

Back
Top Bottom