General The new owners of OUFC and their plans and actions

OUFCwaffle

With the takeover finally announced after circa 18 months of speculation, it's high time we started a new thread, dedicated to discussions regarding the ownership of Oxford United FC.
And the plans and actions of the new owners

Last edited by a moderator:
Needs a poll. :)

I`m currently 60/40 on this......... proceed with caution, a dash of hope and a bit of luck.

The roller coaster is heading for another circuit.

Malc said this was about the new boardroom. Surley there should be a different thread for 'discussions regarding the ownership of Oxford United FC. And the plans and actions of the new owners'

Nice shiny table.

Malc said this was about the new boardroom. Surley there should be a different thread for 'discussions regarding the ownership of Oxford United FC. And the plans and actions of the new owners'

Nice shiny table.
Quite right too.

Even though KR is still in the hot seat, would it be fair to start a thread, where we can discuss potential replacements. A lot of posters seem to think the current managers days are numbered.

After all he isn’t Anindya Bakrie or Erick Thohir’s choice.

Even though KR is still in the hot seat, would it be fair to start a thread, where we can discuss potential replacements. A lot of posters seem to think the current managers days are numbered.

Isn't there already multiple threads where such things are already being discussed such as the post transfer one?

Robbo Out thread, those exact conversations have been in full flow for weeks on there.

Isn't there already multiple threads where such things are already being discussed such as the post transfer one?

It just looks like a Robbo out frenzy. No body seems to be offering a potential name to replace him as successor.

So it would be nice to have some names to see who people would prefer.

It just looks like a Robbo out frenzy. No body seems to be offering a potential name to replace him as successor.

So it would be nice to have some names to see who people would prefer.

In fairness, that thread (or others possibly) have mentioned in recent days/weeks (off the top of my head):

Mark Bonner
Mark Warburton
Darren Ferguson
Matt Taylor
Rob Edwards
John Mousinho
Liam Rosenior
Duncan Ferguson
Michael Carrick
Graham Alexander
Chris Wilder
Liam Manning
Jody Morris

All to varying degrees of seriousness of course. Probably others too.

To be honest my gut feel is trust the process (should it happen) to those in charge - we're going to have some serious interest.

In fairness, that thread (or others possibly) have mentioned in recent days/weeks (off the top of my head):

Mark Bonner
Mark Warburton
Darren Ferguson
Matt Taylor
Rob Edwards
John Mousinho
Liam Rosenior
Duncan Ferguson
Michael Carrick
Graham Alexander
Chris Wilder
Liam Manning
Jody Morris

To be honest my gut feel is trust the process (should it happen) to those in charge - we're going to have some serious interest.
Missed that so apologies.

There are small but significant differences between the ownership, the directors, and the executive.
As well as the property co. Sadly Malc has locked the thread.

Guess it’ll have to be spelled out 1000 times yet again.

There are small but significant differences between the ownership, the directors, and the executive.
As well as the property co. Sadly Malc has locked the thread.

Guess it’ll have to be spelled out 1000 times yet again.

"Normally" significant or "murkily" significant differences in your experience?
Genuinely interested as the world of who owns what is never as clear cut as it used to be.

Mark Bonner
Mark Warburton
Darren Ferguson
Matt Taylor
Rob Edwards
John Mousinho
Liam Rosenior
Duncan Ferguson
Michael Carrick
Graham Alexander
Chris Wilder
Liam Manning
Jody Morris

My choice would be Rob Edwards with an experienced DoF backing him up. Having said that, I think KR will be given another transfer window to sort his s**t show out unfortunately, which means most of the available names on that list will probably be newly installed into other positions.

My feelings are it’s pointless speculating at the moment and will be until, if/when, we know he’s gone.

Ferguson, in this morning’s OM article, seems to suggest that KR won’t be going anywhere soon - perhaps until promotion is extremely unlikely. Sounds like the board are still hoping we can sneak into the play-offs and then (in his words) “ride our luck”. Unduly optimistic I would suggest.

Ferguson, in this morning’s OM article, seems to suggest that KR won’t be going anywhere soon - perhaps until promotion is extremely unlikely. Sounds like the board are still hoping we can sneak into the play-offs and then (in his words) “ride our luck”. Unduly optimistic I would suggest.
That sounds like a "vote of confidence" excellent! He'll be gone before the end of October.

Back
Top Bottom