• 8th

Votes: 12 31.6%

Votes: 1 2.6%

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sarge

God like member
Was doing a decentish job ....until how the hell was that pen. Did he feel sorry for the imps? Went from an 8 to a 6 from mev5

Was doing a decentish job ....until how the hell was that pen. Did he feel sorry for the imps? Went from an 8 to a 6 from mev5

Totally agree. We were right behind the challenge and no way did that look like a penalty. Can’t wait to see it later on tv

Gave him a 7, he was actually really decent, as were both officials running the lines. But that penalty call was bonkers bad. Winnall takes the ball and the player falls over and he gives a pen?! Stinks of trying to even it up after he wasn't 100% on our pen (which was a pen).

7 for me - think the pens were a tad soft but hey, cuts both ways..... seen them given..... evens itself out............. good when you get them.

Apart from that pretty solid and barely mentioned which is often a sign of a good ref.

Reluctant to give out cards but loves a penalty or two. Slightly odd. Not too bad though.
You don't think that was a refreshing change to see a Ref not brandish cards at will? he never overreacted when they made the odd foul and likewise by the halfway line when Gorrin fouled and the thought was here comes his customary yellow but he just gave a free kick and let them get on with the game.
it really shows that not every foul is worthy of a card and he officiated very sensibly and was one of the best for a few seasons imho.

You don't think that was a refreshing change to see a Ref not brandish cards at will? he never overreacted when they made the odd foul and likewise by the halfway line when Gorrin fouled and the thought was here comes his customary yellow but he just gave a free kick and let them get on with the game.
it really shows that not every foul is worthy of a card and he officiated very sensibly and was one of the best for a few seasons imho.
Yes I agree but the bar has been set pretty low , definitely think he got Their pen decision wrong.

He must have been excellent. Boris didn’t give him any grief at all.

I though the ref had a good game, on the whole.

But there were a couple of challenges in the game (one from each team) that I would have described as 'professional' fouls that I was surprised didn't merit a yellow. I *do* agree with ignoring the minor 'coming togethers' that have the magic effect of poleaxing a player only for him the rise Lazarus-like 30 seconds later (contact does not equal foul!) but I'd have thought a foul committed deliberately to stop the other team attacking would probably still get a card? And looking at the highlights, I think Winnall was very unlucky to give away that pen (albeit Taylor was maybe a bit lucky to get his!).

So an 8 from me, as the ref contributed to an open and attacking game of football.

Just seen their pen, slowed down to 1/4 speed on the 'Moments You Missed' video.

Definite pen, unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom