Votes: 1 1.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only positive is the result, nothing else, we are a shadow of the team from last season, if it wasn't for the fact that bottom of the table Burton couldn't put their chances away, we would of lost today. Worrying times ahead.

Last edited:
He was far from the worst ref.
The only fault most people are coming up with is inconsistent injury times.
Those insane added minutes were far from his only mistake.

GO’D was constantly being fouled, dragged down, his shirt pulled off his back and he rarely even gave a free kick for it - and on one occasion he was grabbed, almost slammed around like it was WWE and somehow no booking was given. It was as nailed on a yellow as you’ll see - even Radio Oxford saw it. There was also a later foul on him when he was breaking down the left, towards the fence end, was clearly, CLEARLY dragged back and somehow he gave a throw in!! Players, bench, commentators were flabbergasted.

He also made other errors on both sides, to the point where it seemed like if he made a decision it was opposite to what was correct. Shocking, abysmal performance.

How somebody can throw a player (O’donker) to the ground and not get a booking defies logic, the ref was in Kettle mode, absolutely terrible, I hope the people who “rate” them ensures he has some sort of training program.

Having just got back, I can honestly say that I’ve not seen such poor refereeing for many years.
GoD was upended at least five times. Several players had their shirts tugged for ten seconds at a time, one in the penalty area. How on earth the referee found only one minute to add on in the first half is beyond me. They took ages on thrown ins and corners.
Burton got exactly what they deserved which was nothing, although their consolation goal was well taken.
We must do our utmost to sign Kyle Joseph. He was unlucky to hit the post, but couldn’t conceal his delight that Cameron was their to fire into the left corner.
It isn’t the best I’ve seen Oxford play, far from it. I’ll take the three points though. It was a makeshift team after all.
What worries me is how long Taylor may be out for. I was pleased to see the youngsters taking their chances today. I never realised how small Tyler Goodrham is.
Lewis Bate’s car looked nice too with personalised number plate

FbvUTNKXgAA1FUy
The Burton Albion full back Thomas Hamer committed four bad fouls before he was eventually cautioned by Referee Madden.

How somebody can throw a player (O’donker) to the ground and not get a booking defies logic, the ref was in Kettle mode, absolutely terrible, I hope the people who “rate” them ensures he has some sort of training program.
He needs retraining as anything other than a football referee.
If he is representative of Scottish referees, no wonder football is shite north of the border. He is the archetypal example of what is wrong with referees. Look at me look at me , I'm the referee. The players are irrelevant your only here to see me the referee.

Yes that was baffling. “Throwing a playing to the ground? Yeah, sure no booking required.”

Having just got back, I can honestly say that I’ve not seen such poor refereeing for many years.
GoD was upended at least five times. Several players had their shirts tugged for ten seconds at a time, one in the penalty area. How on earth the referee found only one minute to add on in the first half is beyond me. They took ages on thrown ins and corners.
Burton got exactly what they deserved which was nothing, although their consolation goal was well taken.
We must do our utmost to sign Kyle Joseph. He was unlucky to hit the post, but couldn’t conceal his delight that Cameron was their to fire into the left corner.
It isn’t the best I’ve seen Oxford play, far from it. I’ll take the three points though. It was a makeshift team after all.
What worries me is how long Taylor may be out for. I was pleased to see the youngsters taking their chances today. I never realised how small Tyler Goodrham is.
Lewis Bate’s car looked nice too with personalised number plate

Because apparently, Bobby Madden (and if the Rad Ox comments are accurate then other Refs) don't add on time for throw ins. Which then begs the question why didn't he tell their player to speed up and if he didn't book him?

I remember Scottish football fans taking the P**s about him and I can see why.

Very rarely do I comment on a referees performance, being an ex referee myself, but his performance today was shockingly bad. Complete lack of consistency and clear obvious fouls ignored. He needed to set his stall out from the beginning to stop the nonsense and fouls from the opposition. They knew they were able to get away with it. The rules are quite clear. Nothing in the rule book states that players can get away with several fouls and get a warning only. I thought a retired referee called kettle was poor, but this guy was absolutely dreadful.

What a complete a**e. I don’t believe refs are biased against teams but he was certainly biased against our teenage centre forward.

Having read all the comments on here. To see so many react is a clear indication of what supporters who went to the game thought of the excuse for a referee.
I suppose there is no appeals procedure for a disciplinary hearing to be held.
He clearly ruined the game as a spectacle.I am sure some from Burton would argue that he allowed the game to flow. It was the first game I had seen for some time, and I knew that we would find it challenging being without so many players. Even though we won, albeit unconvincingly, the thought of having that man officiate again at the Kassam makes me consider whether I give that game a miss. It really shouldn’t be like that.
Even though there were 7500 there the atmosphere seemed subdued compared with the last time I went. Maybe because the crowd were mesmerised by the referee

I was looking for a zero to give him. The shirt pulling and upending whenever we were breaking out was disgraceful. One of our forwards not sure was swung round by the shirt at one point - fully ended running in the wrong direction, but that was fine. Garbage.

Manage to get rid of Trevor Kettle and then end up with this incompetent.

Don't get to many games as we aren't local anymore , but has the standard of refereeing really got this poor , I think the standard from our conference days was better , it wasn't just the ref (yes he was woeful) it was all the team , towards the end we won a throw in right infront of lino (literally 3 foot away) the ball rolled over ty's foot it even changed direction and he gave the wrong decision, just everything about them was pooor . And how there goal was allowed after the blatant push on long .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom