Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge

God like member
If that disgracefully inept inconsistant joke of a referee is a top level referee what hope for English football is there?

1 from me ( as theres no 0 option)

Just back from the match.He was the worst I have seen. A zero is the only score poible. The lino who told him to give Taylor a red is also to blame. 6 minutes injury time in second half. 10 would not have been unreasonable. Peterborough worked the ref out early and played on it. Trevor Kettle was nowhere near as poor as this cretin.

0 from me just as it gave robinson an excuse for losing. Other than that didnt get much wrong. Red card was a 50-50 call imo.

You don’t have a zero or a minus 1 so had to give him a 1 and that was just for turning up to allow the game to take place but come to think of it I wish he hadn’t.

Honestly that penalty just given in the Man Utd game, if the same criteria would have been used today we'd have seen about six pens.

A lot to comment on.
The red card, arguable but as I said in the matchday thread Taylor does put his hands up a lot in situations like this and has got away with a couple in recent times. That said, you whistle the foul, don't let it get to that stage. You control the game by your actions and that was sorely missing. You can make every decision right and still end up having a bad game.
He had zero feeling for advantages at all. Three times at least. The one where Eastwood threw it out to someone in space I will let him off for as everyone had obviously stopped for the whistle.
His body language, particularly how he signalled free kicks with a limp arm out by his side, was terrible too and did not inspire confidence. Another thing I noticed was he always looked away when talking to the players. As I said, very poor.
There were at least two times where there was daylight between the line and ball going out and both linesmen missed it.
Also not enough time added on.
Can I say anything positive? Well, to be fair when everyone was losing their sh*t in the 10 minutes or so after the red card his decisions were mostly sound...that's very difficult to do when you're being pressured from all sides.

But generally, a very bad day at the office (I remember him at Wembley and he was fine there). No control over a game that wasn't even that dirty or played in bad spirit.

The ref was a joke. Watch the footage again. He is two metres from the incident. Blows up for a foul and nothing more. He then consults the linesman 30 metres away who obviously had a better view. The ask of the ref should be why did he need to consult anyone? Peterborough were up to nonsense throughout. We aren't great as we all know but the officials decreed the outcome of the game.

That ironic applause and cheering he got when he finally gave a decision our way was akin to that of us scoring. I’ve rarely seen every side of the ground cheering in unity like that over getting awarded a free kick in the centre circle.

That performance was a disgrace.

Very poor ref
He called on their trainer to attend to Thompson, knowing fully well he was play acting. Meaning he would have to leave the pitch.

Should of left him on the sideline for a few minutes as punishment for blatant gamesmanship. Instead of calling him back on as play restarted.

Which one of the 3 Refs are we voting on?

The first half Ref, or the Peterborough 2nd half Ref, or the Oxford 2nd half Ref as he had different interpretations of the laws for each.

He had a decent first half and an awful second half.
He got the sending off correct. I think if we’re honest, if the two players had been reversed, the crowd would have been howling for a red card.

He was the worst ref I have seen for a long time he was just so crap his decision never made any sense Peterborough were cheating and he allowed them to towards the end I just laughed because what else can you do 1 from me and that is 1 to many

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom