Home Match Day Thread +++ OUFC v Accrington Stanley 25/02/20 +++

We can't afford to take Accrington lightly at all - they're a tough, well-drilled side who've won three out of their last four trips to the Kasstad.

So the team should pick itself as I think, with our current injury situation, the best player in each position is pretty clear.
(It's the team that Left Wing Cross predicted earlier):

Eastwood
Long Dickie Moore Ruffels
Gorrin
Henry Brannagan
Agyei Taylor Browne

If any of those are struggling a little physically, then Saturday is the time to give them a breather.
Sykes should be back by then, and (assuming things haven't changed for them hugely since we played down there, and their results would suggest they haven't) Southend would appear to be neither tough nor well-drilled.

Layering up in readiness for a trek across Oxford to spend a few hours in the sub zero temperatures of the Breeze Block.... heres hoping the team KR puts out tonight give plenty to keep the faithful physically going to the game warm in spirit , with a scorching performance topped off with a blistering home win

The team will, I suspect, depend on how the players are feeling and the wear and tear on the bodies from this stupid schedule. It could well be that Mackie starts because it will take the pressure off of Taylor, but it's not crime of the century if it happens. Or Browne moves further up the pitch if needed.

It's up to the 11 who start to do their job and the rest on the bench to to come on and push them as needed.

With the form Taylor showed on Saturday, hopefully he continues in his role. Agyei, should also come before Mackie, and his foolery. It's a fantastic opportunity to close the gap on the top 6, and shouldn't be messed with, meaning Saturdays game could be the icing on the cake.

Graham Taylor managed Wolves that day - Easter 1994.

Moody was banging ‘em in for the U’s,

The thing I don't understand: The team are clearly gearing up for a promotion push, you can see how much they want it. The Board, however, don't want it! where does that leave us? I feel very conflicted... want to get all exited about promotion to the champ, which would be phenomenal, but have this uneasy feeling that it'll ultimately be a terrible thing for the sustainability of the club. The defining point for me is that if football isn't all about the underdog and going for glory then what's the blimmin' point!

The thing I don't understand: The team are clearly gearing up for a promotion push, you can see how much they want it. The Board, however, don't want it! where does that leave us? I feel very conflicted... want to get all exited about promotion to the champ, which would be phenomenal, but have this uneasy feeling that it'll ultimately be a terrible thing for the sustainability of the club. The defining point for me is that if football isn't all about the underdog and going for glory then what's the blimmin' point!
Hope you meant to say excited!!!

I think something quite important needs to be cleared up here. I dont think its a case that the board ‘dont want promotion’, just more a case that theyre not going to go s**t or bust to achieve it. I agree that recent events have been frustrating and possibly go against the rhetoric previously coming out of the club but, if we somehow did get promoted Im sure Tiger and co would be as happy as the rest of us while probably sweating just a little bit ?

I agree that we should not irresponsibly buy our way to the Championship and being the underdog and earning your way there is exactly the way to do it.

The team will, I suspect, depend on how the players are feeling and the wear and tear on the bodies from this stupid schedule. It could well be that Mackie starts because it will take the pressure off of Taylor, but it's not crime of the century if it happens. Or Browne moves further up the pitch if needed.

It's up to the 11 who start to do their job and the rest on the bench to to come on and push them as needed.

It will be crime of the century if Mackie starts ahead of Agyei...

So, another important game tonight. Stanley is a well-run club who pull off surprises against teams that think "This should be easy". Well rest assured it will be hard work tonight. But our quality will win through and keep a clean sheet. again.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS

Back
Top Bottom