Away Match Day Thread +++05/10/2019 L1: Accrington Stanley v OUFC

Won’t disagree that Jerome is a good broadcaster. But he does get sidetracked and fails to commentate on the game as it happens at times. Nathan does that better in my opinion. But Radox coverage of Oxford is good.

Passing wasn’t as accurate as previously with some poor defensive decisions.
A good point in the cold light of day. Poor goalkeeping and a Baptiste mistake cost us their goals, and they were stronger in the second half.
Forde seemed to go into the dressing room with a bag of ice on his thigh. Wood-burn limped. Does anyone have any updates or news?

Although our passing may have been off yesterday we’ve moved up to 2nd inthe league for pass accuracy.

Just watched the extended highlights.

The lad who scores their first goal is never marked right from the start of the clip. Mackie stands in front of him,I presume in a bid to have a high line and then once the ball has gone towards the back post, their player just drops into space with none of ours giving him any attention.

The second goal unsurprisingly came off another long high ball aimed towards Cadden. It is one of a number of occassions in the second half where they stuck a player out on the touchline beyond Cadden whilst aiming the ball to the player that Cadden was marking, either to win the first ball or flick on to the unmarked player on the touchline. It must have happen 4 or 5 times in the second half but we never once adjusted our set up to deal with it. Not sure what Shandon was trying to do, he either played a nothing header in the general direction of Gorrin or was beaten incredibly easily by the Accy player - it's hard to tell on the highlights. Gorrin is caught a bit in no man's land, and Zanzala is therefore unmarked in space between our two centrebacks.

Incredibly frustrating that we looked so shaky under long high balls once more. I thought we'd managed to eradicate that from our game. That being said, when Accy did play it around on the floor, we looked pretty confident in our defending. Perhaps no surprise that they chose to go more direct in that case.

Shandon should have done better with their second goal. But also, once he was beaten there as no one picking up Zanzala, who pretty much had a free strike at goal.

I disagree a little. They’re both good commentators but I much prefer Jerome’s broadcasting.

I tend to think that when Jerome is on the mic all is well with the U’s and we‘ll get a ’result’ !
If you think Jerome isn’t great you should try listening to the guy on Radi Berkshire Tim Dellor, what a pompous prat he is!

Easty really not the same this season, his confidence has been shot to bits since the start of the campaign. Flapping at crosses or not coming for them altogether, setting up his defence wrong at FKs, he was never the loudest of keepers but even recently compared to previous seasons hes been quiet.

I seriously rate him as a top keeper at this level and pulls off some absolutely delightful acrobatics, love him at the club and really hope he finds his mojo again soon. I'm sure it'll happen and WB will be working with him to get his confidence back to where it was. A lot of faith in Eastwood and hope he sees himself at the club for the foreseeable.

Easty really not the same this season, his confidence has been shot to bits since the start of the campaign. Flapping at crosses or not coming for them altogether, setting up his defence wrong at FKs, he was never the loudest of keepers but even recently compared to previous seasons hes been quiet.

I seriously rate him as a top keeper at this level and pulls off some absolutely delightful acrobatics, love him at the club and really hope he finds his mojo again soon. I'm sure it'll, happen and WB will be working with him to get his confidence back to where it was. A lot of faith in Eastwood and hope he sees himself at the club for the foreseeable.

Wonder if his wife has moved back up north, if she has wonder if it’s unsettled him a bit???

Wonder if his wife has moved back up north, if she has wonder if it’s unsettled him a bit???

The thought had crossed my mind as I was typing that post out. I dont think we can underplay the effects that may have especially as I assumed his kids would be moving too. Professional footballer or not I dont think anyone could deny it must be difficult.

I seriously rate him as a top keeper at this level and pulls off some absolutely delightful acrobatics, love him at the club and really hope he finds his mojo again soon. I'm sure it'll happen and WB will be working with him to get his confidence back to where it was. A lot of faith in Eastwood and hope he sees himself at the club for the foreseeable.
Just what I was thinking , he is not even close to past seasons for us! Again I hope this will improve over the season!
I guess all the move stuff , may also be on his mind ? But having said that , still one of the best goalies in this league!

Just what I was thinking , he is not even close to past seasons for us! Again I hope this will improve over the season!
I guess all the move stuff , may also be on his mind ? But having said that , still one of the best goalies in this league!
Flapping at crosses= buying new furniture. You could not make it up. Unbelievable.

Back
Top Bottom