General OUFC rivals

Swindon are the only rival to me. Living in faringdon in my teens where it seemed like I was the only Oxford fan. They were always in the league above us so they always had the bragging rights. I still have family living there and work there occasionally and from what I can see it has changed and there is less of a presence of Swindon fans.

Reading. It’s utter nonsense that we don’t really exist to each other anymore etc. That was NASTY, and as has been said, they actually fought back. I can’t ever hear that Reading isn’t really a thing - it’s bitter. If we end up in the same division in the next couple of years I think people will be blown away by the animosity, especially at our place where the fans are so close together versus theirs.

Swindon is the main one. Reading although that has been on the backburner. (the win with goals from Matt Murphy and Rob Folland was lovely).

Luton and Pompey as they can get a bit testy but I wouldn't call them rivals though, just games with more interest than somebody like Scunthorpe (often because of large crowds).

Bristol Rovers doesn't register for me other than as an away fan it was relatively close. It only gets mentioned as it is close enough for the pavement dancers to have a disco with the Police chaperoning.

Somebody mentioned Leicester, I can remember those games always being a bit feisty back in the day. It may have been an East Midlands thing (as the Derby lot seemed keen as well) but we always seemed to get coined there.

Reading. It’s utter nonsense that we don’t really exist to each other anymore etc. That was NASTY, and as has been said, they actually fought back. I can’t ever hear that Reading isn’t really a thing - it’s bitter. If we end up in the same division in the next couple of years I think people will be blown away by the animosity, especially at our place where the fans are so close together versus theirs.

Reading was pure hatred and it's just that we have been in different leagues for so long. If we played more regular people would soon realise how bitter that rivalry is..

Scum all day long Bradley, followed by Reading, QPR and Pompey.
Not rivals as such but special hatred for Orient and the Mickeys.

Swindon, Orient, Luton, Reading, Northampton(ish)

I quite like Rovers and haven't detected any rivalry there?

Bristol Rovers-Oh I think many fans have a dislike for there style of play-not football as WE know it.

Swindon, Reading are our two Derby’s, you can tell the difference in atmosphere when we play either.

The only other one who really comes close but it’s only really one way (ours) is Leyton Orient for what happened, could see them fuckers go bankrupt and laugh.

QPR is a meaty affair, but it's Reading and the swine which are our derby games..

remember it well.oxford in the south bank,away end going mental,certain chants at a skinhead.like the scum they know.

Depends what you mean by rival.

If memory serves, I think the team we've played the most in the league is Portsmouth. So we've spent many seasons in the same division, does that count as being rivals?

Apart from the scum, I’d say Portsmouth, Wycombe, Reading, QPR and perhaps Birmingham.

Back
Top Bottom