National News Official 2019 General Election Thread

We weren’t supposed to have another general election until 2020 after the 2015 one. We’ve had two more called since then, so you could argue that today is a third vote, let alone a second, because some people haven’t got the answer they wanted yet. Weird that nobody seems to be bothered by that.
A hung parliament and we could have another one in a years time!

I know all sides have their idiots (and I’m not voting Labour before anyone mentions Corbyn) But imagine thinking the party supported by The Daily Mail, The Sun, Jacob Rees-Mogg and Andrew Bridgen was the right one to vote for... are those really the sort of people/papers/views you want to identify with?!

Strangely, prior to today I have always taken the polling card to be told 'don't need that just the name'. but today they looked at the card then asked for my name. personally
think I.D should be mandatory.

And yet we have very low levels of voter fraud without ID.

And yet we have very low levels of voter fraud without ID.
the mandatory carrying of ID papers/cards .... have we learnt nothing from WW2 ? .... only repressive, controlling regiemes impose that sort of requirement on their 'citizens'

• React
Reactions: QR
I know all sides have their idiots (and I’m not voting Labour before anyone mentions Corbyn) But imagine thinking the party supported by The Daily Mail, The Sun, Jacob Rees-Mogg and Andrew Bridgen was the right one to vote for... are those really the sort of people/papers/views you want to identify with?!
Not to mention Charlie "Salmon Pants" Methven :ROFLMAO:

I think Al will be ok as some polling showed the gap had significantly shortened, but not likely by enough. A case of the left splitting its vote again?

Raab is definitely on the chop - worth a sneaky bet for those into that sort of thing. Looks like the Beast of Bolsover could be gone too

The fact that Bolsover - a former coal mining town in the Midlands - is perhaps about to turf out Dennis Skinner in favour of a party led by the biggest political toff in decades (since Douglas-Home perhaps?)…...

…...meanwhile Esher & Walton - the absolute definition of leafy, middle class suburbia - is perhaps about to turf out Dominic Raab (who had a majority in 2017 of 23,000(!?!)) to try and stop that same toff......

……..rather emphasizes the fact that this is a frickin' weird election.

Anyways, I got my Mum to vote for me.
(Literally - as an ex-pat, I chose her as my proxy and she dutifully voted for me this morning. Again, without ID, a polling card or anything else!)

1. It was the old folk ruining our future.
2. It was the under 18s not being able to vote.
3. They didn`t know what they were voting for.
4. Its not representative based on numbers and %`s.
5. They fought dirty.
6. They lied.
7. They suppressed this story.
8. The Russians did it.
9. The American`s did it.
10. Donald Trump.

^^^^^ there you go folks.............. take your pick. ? (y) (y)

Not going to speak for all Remainers - but if BoJo does win a majority tonight, and takes the UK out of the EU in January (although we all know we've likely got years of 'fun' Trade Deal/No Deal wrangling to look forward to) - then I'm going to stop making excuses.
For me, it will have been demonstrably proven that Brexit is the will of the British people. I don't believe there's any conceivable way you can vote for Boris unless you agree with his Withdrawal deal......because it's the only policy of substance that he's offered over the past six weeks.

Won't stop me going to bed thinking that the British people are gullible fools, though...…..

But maybe they'll surprise me?

The fact that Bolsover - a former coal mining town in the Midlands - is perhaps about to turf out Dennis Skinner in favour of a party led by the biggest political toff in decades (since Douglas-Home perhaps?)…...

…...meanwhile Esher & Walton - the absolute definition of leafy, middle class suburbia - is perhaps about to turf out Dominic Raab (who had a majority in 2017 of 23,000(!?!)) to try and stop that same toff......

……..rather emphasizes the fact that this is a frickin' weird election.

Anyways, I got my Mum to vote for me.
(Literally - as an ex-pat, I chose her as my proxy and she dutifully voted for me this morning. Again, without ID, a polling card or anything else!)

I didn’t even know you could vote by proxy till this morning then it was to late. I would of made Nish Kumar vote Tory for me if I had known.

Similarly, I presented my polling card with name and address upwards, to be asked my name and address. Being a difficult sort I asked why they couldn't just look at the card. I was told I might have picked the card up in the street. Eh?

Does make me wonder - if you were a committed political activist, who didn't care about voter fraud - how many times could you vote in a single day?

If you were a postman (easy access to a bunch of names and addresses) in London (high density of polling stations so you wouldn't need to go to the same one twice), I reckon the number would definitely be in the hundreds!

Does make me wonder - if you were a committed political activist, who didn't care about voter fraud - how many times could you vote in a single day?

If you were a postman (easy access to a bunch of names and addresses) in London (high density of polling stations so you wouldn't need to go to the same one twice), I reckon the number would definitely be in the hundreds!

And yet have there ever been any cases like that?

Back
Top Bottom