National News Official 2019 General Election Thread

Am I the only one who thinks that someone wearing two mismatching left shoes could be a positive thing?

Evidence for someone not being vain or appearance obsessed. Too busy thinking and caring about the issues at hand to worry about how they look.

If I was interviewing someone for an office job, and they turned up looking like that, I would definitely mark it down in the +1 not the -1 column!

Am I the only one who thinks that someone wearing two mismatching left shoes could be a positive thing?

Evidence for someone not being vain or appearance obsessed. Too busy thinking and caring about the issues at hand to worry about how they look.

If I was interviewing someone for an office job, and they turned up looking like that, I would definitely mark it down in the +1 not the -1 column!

If nothing else, putting up with the discomfort shows determination and willpower (or is it stupidity? :) ).

it maybe more than a 5 year fixed period of government if the torys get a large enough majority to bulldoze the dictatorial elements of their manifesto ( page 48) sadly ... hopefully the British electorate are sick and tired of 10 years of cuts and misery , and vote accordingly

Ever since I have been able to understand politics and economics (I say that loosely), I have never ever known of a situation where government services have outperformed and been fully funded. And I mean that regardless of which party is in government because it is always the same old woes, year in year out, no matter who is in number 10.

Ultimately, they are all the same in their own political way.... they all think they know what is best.

Personally, I don’t believe you can spend and borrow your way out of trouble and you can’t hammer taxes and strangle the goose that lays the golden egg.

It’s an epic problem, one which I struggle to see how it can ever be changed to everyone’s satisfaction. It will never ever happen.

Call me defeatist but I think I’m being more of a realist.

For both parties to start magically making all of this money available now is only kicking the economic time further bomb down the road IMHO.

Similarly, I presented my polling card with name and address upwards, to be asked my name and address. Being a difficult sort I asked why they couldn't just look at the card. I was told I might have picked the card up in the street. Eh?
I reckon you might have done Pete??

Office job, fair enough, but not if you were looking to staff in a shoe shop!?

For me, it will have been demonstrably proven that Brexit is the will of the British people.
Is this the same people who make Strictly the top TV programme and Sheeran the best artist of the decade? What imbecile asks us to decide on anything important? We can't even agree who is the best OUFC keeper of all time (it's Roy Burton of course), let alone anything with consequence.... ?

Is this the same people who make Strictly the top TV programme and Sheeran the best artist of the decade? What imbecile asks us to decide on anything important? We can't even agree who is the best OUFC keeper of all time (it's Roy Burton of course), let alone anything with consequence.... ?
agree with most of the above @SteMerritt .... but, for me Jimmy Barron was the best keeper ever for OUFC ;)

agree with most of the above @SteMerritt .... but, for me Jimmy Barron was the best keeper ever for OUFC
But if we shift the category to "Best Looking" then step forward...Paul Kee, the ears that could save penalties.

Ah so let's get rid of democracy..
I agree. Mr Putin knows a lot more than us idiot general public.

At last back to football @SteMerritt & @Sarge !! It’s Mick Kearns for me, purely because watching an Oxford International on the tele was always a thrill for me as a lad, albeit Éire
Barron, Burton, Whitehead and Eastwoid are the best 4 keepers I have seen for oufc.
Kearns? Not in the Top 8. But he was an International...

Ah so let's get rid of democracy..
I agree. Mr Putin knows a lot more than us idiot general public.
No, let's have general elections to select people to make the tough decisions on our behalf. And if they fail, let's replace them.

No, let's have general elections to select people to make the tough decisions on our behalf. And if they fail, let's replace them.
Well maybe. But if the politicians behave like they have in this election.. Generally appalling.
I dont know the answer, but I am for democracy but have never felt so much that I trust none of them to make tough decisions on our behalf ( I reckon the public will replace a whole load tonight)

Back
Top Bottom