General Offensive Chanting

It seems a new trend with this younger group of fans that now attend games.

Morecambe away last season they randomly started to chant ‘peado’ at their keeper and calling the mascot a ‘nonce’.
It wasn’t funny that day and it still isn’t funny now.

what happened to just chanting ‘w****r’ at the opposition keeper and booing him and chanting ‘what the f*****g hell is that’ to an opposition mascot?!

Why I was young we used to sing about people sucking horses penises so I don’t think I can throw any stones here.

That chant should be brought back and I'm not sure being called a horse's a**e is really that offensive. Far better than a 'paedo' chant.

Why do some fans think it ok to chant Sam Smith a “nonce” and a “sex offender”?

If anyone associated with that the group would like to explain why it’s just a bit of banter they can f**k right off.
Well the first paragraph I agree with

The second makes no sense,

It is an embarrassing chant that I can't stand

Well the first paragraph I agree with

The second makes no sense,

It is an embarrassing chant that I can't stand
what i was trying to say was
Q: why are you calling Sam Smith a sex offender and a paedo?
A: Oh it's just a bit of banter

so trying to explain the chant as just a bit of normal football terrace abuse that players should accept as part of the game.

what i was trying to say was
Q: why are you calling Sam Smith a sex offender and a paedo?
A: Oh it's just a bit of banter

so trying to explain the chant as just a bit of normal football terrace abuse that players should accept as part of the game.

Yeah, I know

But it's still crap

Maybe I'm just getting old but I can't imagine we'd have chanted that in the 70s

It was more support for our team, and hate for the fans of our opponents back then 🤣🤣

Yeah, I know

But it's still crap

Maybe I'm just getting old but I can't imagine we'd have chanted that in the 70s

It was more support for our team, and hate for the fans of our opponents back then 🤣🤣

I can sadly remember homophobic chants, racist chants and numerous chants that would be very unacceptable now in the 80s so I have no doubt the same happened in the 70s.

meanwhile the tofu eating wokerati complain about being heckled with "Number 10, your laces are undone".
one of my favourite heckles. it's stupid: it's not racist, sexist, or foul language.
there's probably a rule against fans blowing a refs whistle to distract a player, but is this any different to me from the roar "you're s**t - aarrgghh"

meanwhile the tofu eating wokerati complain about being heckled with "Number 10, your laces are undone".
one of my favourite heckles. it's stupid: it's not racist, sexist, or foul language.
there's probably a rule against fans blowing a refs whistle to distract a player, but is this any different to me from the roar "you're s**t - aarrgghh"

That has to be a parody?!

Why I was young we used to sing about people sucking horses penises so I don’t think I can throw any stones here.
Do you think any of the police horses caught wind or got familiar? Could have had some baffled mounted officers, noticing their horses clanking their horse shoes to the chant?!

It seems a new trend with this younger group of fans that now attend games.

Morecambe away last season they randomly started to chant ‘peado’ at their keeper and calling the mascot a ‘nonce’.
It wasn’t funny that day and it still isn’t funny now.

what happened to just chanting ‘w****r’ at the opposition keeper and booing him and chanting ‘what the f*****g hell is that’ to an opposition mascot?!

It's not though.

Off the top of my head I can think of chants about Arsene Wenger and Andy King from a couple of decades ago.

"He`s got a pineapple on his head..................." - culturally offensive.
"He`s fat,he`s round, he rolls along the ground......." - weight shaming
"Theres a circus in the town, Barry Fry is a clown, Karen Brady is a ........ - misogyny.
"Your sister is your Mother and you all ......." - shaming victims of sexual abuse.
"Just like your fingers its six in a row.........." - disability shaming.
"Weebles wobble but they don`t fall down"....... - fat shaming
"Chicken George, Chicken George, Chicken George" - celebrating slavery.
"Andy King is illegitimate he ain`t got no birth certificate....."- bullying.

Almost every song can be deemed offensive to someone over the years under todays views.

It good that songs related to protected characteristics have long gone but, as ever, the see saw tips tips too far the wrong way.

Back
Top Bottom