North Stand gate v Spurs ??????????

Sarge - if you are complaining about it and you weren’t even there then you really have too much time on your hands!

Do you want any suggestions for some new hobbies, I’m sure that between us we can come up with a few good ones.
got plenty , thanks though :)

announcing the riot fence was being used at last nights (9th lowest ever attendance) game on oufc official yesterday begs the question as to why it was being used on a match with such a low attendance...given that OUFC seriously struggled to cover a second HMRC bill under Tigers ownership, a bill of under £150k, the cost of operating and stewarding the riot fence on a known low attendance match seemed an odd decision for the chief safety officer to take or make! ....tweeting it wasnt in use was helpful for the few of the few there last night with twitter......if the club communicated openly & honestly with the supporters on all matters itd be benificial allround methinks

got plenty , thanks though :)

announcing the riot fence was being used at last nights (9th lowest ever attendance) game on oufc official yesterday begs the question as to why it was being used on a match with such a low attendance...given that OUFC seriously struggled to cover a second HMRC bill under Tigers ownership, a bill of under £150k, the cost of operating and stewarding the riot fence on a known low attendance match seemed an odd decision for the chief safety officer to take or make! ....tweeting it wasnt in use was helpful for the few of the few there last night with twitter......if the club communicated openly & honestly with the supporters on all matters itd be benificial allround methinks

I think somebody has already mentioned the advertising of such was a mistake and they were never going to operate it.

Or empower people to do the jobs they are paid to do and accept that one or two people (career whingers) might get upset about an odd mistake on a forum somewhere.

so, OUFC 'announce' it ( riot fence) is , going to be in use at last nights game yesterday afternoon

then OUFC only bother to correct thier own announcement error.... by twitter....can someone, anyone tell those operating the OUFC publicity machine that NOT EVERYONE HAS A TWITTER ACCOUNT please

it aint rocket science communicating...despite ALL the problems OUFC Owner, Board Members have in communicating, and it seems now the PR dept/ spin doctor too, who it appears can't/won't/ don't grasp the fact not all OUFC supporters have a damn twitter account! Bad communication from the boardroom is filtering down and infecting club announcements and corrections
Are you really that upset that the club only announced on Twitter that they had made a mistake about a fence that was not used? Was your life impacted that much by this?

Are you really that upset that the club only announced on Twitter that they had made a mistake about a fence that was not used? Was your life impacted that much by this?

its more a case of the club sticking to thier word

MD agreed at the Oxvox open members meeting that future use of the riot fence would be announced in advance by the club via social media as well as via the tannoy system at the match where it was in use.

also the enquiry into the series of failures post match v Man City, where many OUFC supporters had their safety compromised announced in the recently published results of said enquiry that use of the riot fence must be announced in advance via social media AND VIA THE TANNOY

you may be quite happy that the current club officials don't keep to their word given at a meeting ( minutes of which are in a thread in the Oxvox section) , you may be equally happy that the current club officials go against what was circulated in the report from the Safety group enquiry, which not only gives results of what n where things went wrong, but also a number of points, one of which being communicating to supporters that the riot fence will be in use via social media , AND THE TANNOY. @Followtheox1? .... to answer your question my life wasnt impacted by last nights game, or any perifery activities/ non activities ( pleased that the Us won though :) ) also the club officials pissarsing about with safety matters didnt impact on my life last night, but, post the Man City game I was caught up in the crush outside the quadrangle, nearly fell to the ground in the crush, I helped up a small child who had been knocked over as well as steady the small childs mother who also very nearly fell over in the avoidable crush of bodies channel through a very narrow, limited area. The point is if the club officials only pay lip service to what the MD has announced, and it appears IGNORE requirements set out in results of an enquiry into a seriously dangerous situation that occurred earlier this season, at the breeze block, after a match. OUFC club officials chose to basically ignore 'everything' on the subject.
It was announced yesterday afternoon that the riot fence will be in use...subsequently it turned out it wasnt after all, club officials ONLY used twitter to inform that it wasnt after all in use last night. Im certainly NOT happy at all that Ive been misled by OUFC MD and that the club evidently is choosing to ignore directions contained in the safety group

Safety of paying 'customers' as far as Im concerned should be at the forefront of ALL matters that OUFC club officials have any involvement with.
You, @Followtheox1 may have a similar outlook as OUFC club officials have regarding safety (as in little if any concerns when it comes to the paying public, I most certainly do not., I believe Safety is a serious business, the current OUFC officials judging by last nights 'cock up' re use of the riot fence and failure to communicate in 1) how the MD agreed it would be announced & 2) ignores part of the Safety group report.

Id rather raise the clubs failings on this, on here (yf), than silently wait for serious injury to be caused due to negligence,

Last edited:
I may have missed this bit, but was it not announced over the tannoy ? That is something I can look into if it wasn’t. Otherwise I’m really not sure what the issue is sarge. Ok a mistake was made pre match in announcing its use, but it was still announced. And if u didn’t go, how do u know it wasn’t announced on the tannoy ?

Believe it or not it’s use is actually to prevent trouble and potential crowd safety issues, and while it was highlighted as one of many things that exaggerated the Man City issue it certainly wasn’t the main or only cause.

its more a case of the club sticking to thier word

MD agreed at the Oxvox open members meeting that future use of the riot fence would be announced in advance by the club via social media as well as via the tannoy system at the match where it was in use.

also the enquiry into the series of failures post match v Man City, where many OUFC supporters had their safety compromised announced in the recently published results of said enquiry that use of the riot fence must be announced in advance via social media AND VIA THE TANNOY

you may be quite happy that the current club officials don't keep to their word given at a meeting ( minutes of which are in a thread in the Oxvox section) , you may be equally happy that the current club officials go against what was circulated in the report from the Safety group enquiry, which not only gives results of what n where things went wrong, but also a number of points, one of which being communicating to supporters that the riot fence will be in use via social media , AND THE TANNOY. @Followtheox1? .... to answer your question my life wasnt impacted by last nights game, or any perifery activities/ non activities ( pleased that the Us won though :) ) also the club officials pissarsing about with safety matters didnt impact on my life last night, but, post the Man City game I was caught up in the crush outside the quadrangle, nearly fell to the ground in the crush, I helped up a small child who had been knocked over as well as steady the small childs mother who also very nearly fell over in the avoidable crush of bodies channel through a very narrow, limited area. The point is if the club officials only pay lip service to what the MD has announced, and it appears IGNORE requirements set out in results of an enquiry into a seriously dangerous situation that occurred earlier this season, at the breeze block, after a match. OUFC club officials chose to basically ignore 'everything' on the subject.
It was announced yesterday afternoon that the riot fence will be in use...subsequently it turned out it wasnt after all, club officials ONLY used twitter to inform that it wasnt after all in use last night. Im certainly NOT happy at all that Ive been misled by OUFC MD and that the club evidently is choosing to ignore directions contained in the safety group

Safety of paying 'customers' as far as Im concerned should be at the forefront of ALL matters that OUFC club officials have any involvement with.
You, @Followtheox1 may have a similar outlook as OUFC club officials have regarding safety (as in little if any concerns when it comes to the paying public, I most certainly do not., I believe Safety is a serious business, the current OUFC officials judging by last nights 'cock up' re use of the riot fence and failure to communicate in 1) how the MD agreed it would be announced & 2) ignores part of the Safety group report.

Id rather raise the clubs failings on this, on here (yf), than silently wait for serious injury to be caused due to negligence,
Most ridiculous post ever! Comparing a real safety issue at the ground when almost 12000 are in attendance with the club incorrectly stating that a fence was being used when one man and his dog was there is quite frankly bizarre! They announced it was in use and then corrected themselves it wasn't on social media. As it wasn't actually in use they may or may not have announced it on the tannoy. I got lost in your post but I can't see why misannouncing that the fence was in use and then correcting that mistake is a major safety issue in the bigger scheme of things.

Last edited:
The "fence" wasn't used and seemingly was never intended to be used, yet the issue seems to be that the club has failed to honour an agreement that it would make various announcements before, during and after it's actual use.

Am I missing something?

Maybe they wanted some practice ahead of the Bristol Rovers game. Hearing all is not well behind the scenes involving that game.. someone is on the naughty step!

Is it not a 1pm kick off to avoid such issues? Everyone will go home peacefully after ............................... :)

Most ridiculous post ever! Comparing a real safety issue at the ground when almost 12000 are in attendance with the club incorrectly stating that a fence was being used when one man and his dog was there is quite frankly bizarre! They announced it was in use and then corrected themselves it wasn't on social media. As it wasn't actually in use they may or may not have announced it on the tannoy. I got lost in your post but I can't see why misannouncing that the fence was in use and then correcting that mistake is a major safety issue in the bigger scheme of things.

apologies @Followtheox1 .... (and all)

I think I climbed on me high horse named safety issues .... and it ran off with me on board

If the club have agreed to approach something a certain way, if they subsequently go against how they have agreed to operate, if nothing is said
its possible the club will presume it wasnt an issue.

apologies @Followtheox1 .... (and all)

I think I climbed on me high horse named safety issues .... and it ran off with me on board

If the club have agreed to approach something a certain way, if they subsequently go against how they have agreed to operate, if nothing is said
its possible the club will presume it wasnt an issue.

But haven’t, in this case they done exactly what was said sarge ?

They announced the use on social media pre match.
(And then corrected the mistake)

And even if there was no TANNOY announcement, that would be because there was no wall! They agreed to announce when it was in use.

The use of both social media and tannoy were implemented to help reduce the amount of crowd flow behind the north stand. If fans in the east stand, park in the east stand car park, there then isn’t as many fans using that route at the end. That’s the purpose, just to make flows move easier, less fans going to the opposite ends of the stadium post match, which is then exaggerated to the front of the stadium when the wall is up.

I don’t believe u have yet mentioned the two very good “updates” by the commercial and academy teams in the last two days. Better communication was definitely on ur list [emoji6]

And even if there was no TANNOY announcement, that would be because there was no wall! They agreed to announce when it was in use.

The use of both social media and tannoy were implemented to help reduce the amount of crowd flow behind the north stand. If fans in the east stand, park in the east stand car park, there then isn’t as many fans using that route at the end. That’s the purpose, just to make flows move easier, less fans going to the opposite ends of the stadium post match, which is then exaggerated to the front of the stadium when the wall is up.

I don’t believe u have yet mentioned the two very good “updates” by the commercial and academy teams in the last two days. Better communication was definitely on ur list [emoji6]

well pointed out @Dave T .... and of course youre right too

Ive been pinballing around the country the past two days, only just catching up with 'things' including academy info... & commercial next up to read

excellent comms from Dan Harris' team it is too :)

Sarge - if you are complaining about it and you weren’t even there then you really have too much time on your hands!

Do you want any suggestions for some new hobbies, I’m sure that between us we can come up with a few good ones.

Fencing maybe?

Not sardines though, banned after the City game.

I don’t believe u have yet mentioned the two very good “updates” by the commercial and academy teams in the last two days. Better communication was definitely on ur list
emoji6.png
Dave something that should be flagged up, after the match Saturday there were car parked behind the N/Stand picking up people, they were not in the designated parking bays or disabled bays

Dave something that should be flagged up, after the match Saturday there were car parked behind the N/Stand picking up people, they were not in the designated parking bays or disabled bays

Don’t mention flags. I’ll make a note

Back
Top Bottom