North Stand gate v Spurs ??????????

Don’t mention flags. I’ll make a note
Pepole were having to dodge around moving cars in pretty poor visual conditions, there were stewards around unless they can't stop people pulling up behind the N/stand to wait for people?

Pepole were having to dodge around moving cars in pretty poor visual conditions, there were stewards around unless they can't stop people pulling up behind the N/stand to wait for people?

Do people actually get picked up outside of the North stand?! When I was younger I had to walk down to the Sandford roundabout to get picked up by my Dad!

Do people actually get picked up outside of the North stand?! When I was younger I had to walk down to the Sandford roundabout to get picked up by my Dad!
It happened saturday for the first time that I've seen, the stewards looking after the coaches took no notice and the cars drove through the crowded area, as it was "heavy rain" most people had their heads down walking along to be confronted with moving cars in a situation never encountered before.

That’s technically no different to walking through the car park though. I don’t know the rules on access for cars behind the north stand, there is certainly no barriers I’ve seen to prevent it, but I will ask. What i did see was two stewards, at the top and bottom of the steps to bbl, advising people to be carful as they were slippery and helping people down . Worth a mention

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you see the memo sent out to pubs about this game?!

Don`t think my local in Leicester got the memo & Glen hasn`t let me know, probably busy writing the menu for Christmas. :LOL:
Would you care to inform us? :)(y)

The police are expecting trouble and have advised local publicans to serve in plastic glasses and to let them know if large groups of “supporters” congregate in/around their pubs etc. Something like that anyway.

Large groups of people congregating around pubs at Christmas.......................... :unsure::unsure:
Could hardly move in town on Thursday let alone over Chrimbo! (y)

Sent to pubs in and around Oxford City centre I believe.

IMG_0334.jpg

Also heard Oxford officials are very worried about the North stand and what may or may not happen for the Rovers game and are taking action to prevent this.. can’t say much more!

So basically TVP will be going over board, quite possibly causing most of the trouble and trying to get as many arrests as possible before Christmas.
Let's just hope TVP don't try and be dishonest and set fans up. Not that they have been guilty of doing this in the past...

I wonder if north stand tickets for our side have fallen into the wrong hands .

Strangely, TVP have chosen not to use headed notepaper on this occasion
Well you can't see all the letter in that photo - the top has been cut off. The text is odd though 'Approximately half of the expected fan...' - even TVP should be able to deal with 50% of one Bristolian.

It's only from reading this thread that I've realised it's a 1pm kick off against Rovers. I've also just realised that it's Southend on Boxing Day and not Rovers. Either the mind plays tricks with age or I'm turning plastic.

Or I'm wishing it was Rovers on Wednesday because I seem to remember a brilliant Boxing Day game against them in 1983?

@Junior_1 cheers for the update. Full scale wall deployment then... :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Loads of TVP`s finest in all the gear racking up the OT.

The Gas heads will feel they have to do something against us after what happened at the away game ?

One thing to note about the letter is that it is just saying serve in plastic glasses. Nothing about "don't serve football fans, or home fans only / away fans only".

When they say half of the expected fans do them mean the total attendance or away fans? I think it's pushing it if they think 4000 fans are going to be arriving in Oxford by train.

Rovers will certainly be planning something but I imagine both our fans and the TVP will stop it in their own ways.

Back
Top Bottom