Nile Ranger

Can we afford not to sign him temporarily?
Would the same people saying no, also have said no to Ched Evans?
What if he has changed and could be the opportunity we missed out on in Maynard?
Sometimes you have to put your moral stance behind you for the greater good.
Is that one of those times? Only time will tell.
I would welcome him with open arms to see what impact a former England Under 19 might have.
Put Chrissy Allen in ....he played for England u21s

NO, NO, NO!!!! This guy is an absolute car crash and I don't care how talented he may be. Everyone makes mistakes, but he never learns. I've just listened to KR on the radio saying that everyone deserves a chance but they can only have so many.......well this guy has has way too many chances.

What kind of role model is he to the youth of our club? This smacks of desperation and we should not compromise on the values of our club.

Agbonlahor, Anichebe and many more are free agents. Why not look at them. I have to question our recruitment team if we rely on players chasing up their own deals. I am generally very supportive of KR by the way. This is absurd.

NO, NO, NO!!!! This guy is an absolute car crash and I don't care how talented he may be. Everyone makes mistakes, but he never learns. I've just listened to KR on the radio saying that everyone deserves a chance but they can only have so many.......well this guy has has way too many chances.

What kind of role model is he to the youth of our club? This smacks of desperation and we should not compromise on the values of our club.

Agbonlahor, Anichebe and many more are free agents. Why not look at them. I have to question our recruitment team if we rely on players chasing up their own deals. I am generally very supportive of KR by the way. This is absurd.

1 word. Cheap.

Put Chrissy Allen in ....he played for England u21s
Did
Just putting the idea out there. Ranger played for Newcastle 51 times. The mess Allen made of managing the side with faz, I think he can remain with the largely anonymous U23 side.

Imagine we offer him a contract. Last game of the season we need a win to stay up. Nile comes
On as sub, and scores the winning goal that keeps us in League One. What would your thoughts be then....

I’m sure you wouldn’t be thinking “I’d rather we got relegated than him keeping us up”?

I'd still think he is a t**t.

Listening to KR, I agreed with the point about everyone getting a second chance.

But then I saw the list of second chances he's had. This really doesn't seem to be a person who learns from his mistakes. I'd take the moral high ground on this one, even if we could do with forwards who could score a few goals.

I’m actually okay with this and that’s purely from a selfish point of view in that I want Oxford to score more goals. (Ironic given today’s score) If you watch his highlights he is an excellent addition, taller and faster and technically better than Obika at 6 ft 2. He is the kind of player you love to have but hate to play against. Even if he comes on a 3 month contract sees us through to January and picks us up an extra 6-9 points I would say that’s a worthy investment. We’ve had players that have done much worse than him in the past....

How many chances do you give someone?

Ranger has caused havoc wherever he goes, but he knows and so do we he can play football and when his head is right is a handful for any defender, we need to impress into his head if he does the right job he can earn decent money, then when he has played for a couple of seasons and shows other what he can do then he can go and earn big cash up in the upper leagues. Personally I would give him one and only one chance.

2007: Armed robbery
August 2011: Assault (ultimately cleared)
October 2011: Drunk and disorderly
March 2012: Fined for homophobic Tweets by the FA
September 2012: Criminal damage to a house
January 2013: Charged with rape (ultimately cleared)
Marsh 2013: Assault
March 2014: Criminal damage to a taxi
April 2014: Criminal damage to flat, "in an incident where he additionally appeared to strike his female companion three times on the face." (Wiki)
May 2014: Probably drunk driving
December 2016: Fraud

I mean yeah there's 'football is morally bankrupt' and then there's ^that^

Thanks but no thanks

You missed off the cocaine and MDMA use in 2017 after a random drugs test at the training ground: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...aine-mdma-saido-berahino-confesses-suspended/

I’m a bit on the fence with this one. If he gets fit and back to his normal playing self then yes I would take him without question, but as has been pointed out he has history for various wrong doings which has made him a bit of a pariah within the footballing circles. However, if he gets fire my and back to what he/we all know he is capable of doing and Robbo gives him a contract say from Jan till the end of the season it must include 1 misdoing no matter whether it is turning up latenforntraining or on match day or with the policemim any way then it must “ as per your contract your contract you fucked up, so f**k off. “ But who knows last chance saloon and all that he may well surprise us all and we could all be singin a song of support for him to the time of the Loan Ranger.

Back
Top Bottom