Home Match Build Up New Stadium Display/Banners - Stevenage - Live on Sky

billyturleyscurlywurly

Mentioned this on the New Stadium thread however I believe it deserves it’s own thread.

With the new stadium in the balance, a game coming up in front of the cameras, surely the perfect time for the banners to come out for our new stadium

I’ve seen the Yellow Army OUFC are raising funds for Peterborough & Lincoln however surely the stadium issue being highlighted would be even bigger.

@OxVox @OUSP

Mentioned this on the New Stadium thread however I believe it deserves it’s own thread.

With the new stadium in the balance, a game coming up in front of the cameras, surely the perfect time for the banners to come out for our new stadium

I’ve seen the Yellow Army OUFC are raising funds for Peterborough & Lincoln however surely the stadium issue being highlighted would be even bigger.

@OxVox @OUSP
It made a difference at the Arsenal FA Cup match and was discussed by the pundits (while the cameras focused on the banners)

@OxVox @OUSP
I would be happy to donate to a fan-led banner, with a strongly worded but fair statement.

"Support the stadium or kill the club" or similar such message, well positioned at the front of the North or East stand, or both, to capture the attention of the cameras.

Make the media aware, we could easily become another Coventry, Southend, get it talked about. And I think many others would donate to.

I would be happy to donate to a fan-led banner, with a strongly worded but fair statement.

"Support the stadium or kill the club" or similar such message, well positioned at the front of the North or East stand, or both, to capture the attention of the cameras.

Make the media aware, we could easily become another Coventry, Southend, get it talked about. And I think many others would donate to.
A short but powerful line that would send a strong message to those who are obstructing this project

Exactly this. We need a banner saying ‘support the stadium or kill our club’

Perfect opportunity for a video to be shown on the big screen.

Banners pre game as they players come out etc.

I’m sure George Elek could give the Sky pundits a run through of the position our club is in.

Depends on the size but for some context the old ‘Keep The Faith’ banner that we made years ago based on an old poster (Loveandpride) design took about a day all in.

The (very) big surfer for the original Sw@ndon game which we also used at the start of the season against Portsmouth took much, much longer. It took the best part of an evening to get it set up the night before the match.

‘Forever And Always’ think it was that? Took a couple of us an afternoon to paint onto the fabric. It was probably 5ft tall and 50ft wide.

Anyway, the display at the start and constant signing in the first half was the best I can remember for some time. I’ve seen a Posh fan say it’s the first time they’ve noticed an atmosphere.

I’d be happy to donate to a decent display, whether there’s the time/resource to do it is another thing.

As has been mentioned, best place to put a fixed one would be in the North Stand, probably on the segregation. That said, the cameras will fix on fans so I’d also say you’d want a couple of rows in block 19 with a message that could be held up when the players came out.

Back
Top Bottom