Matches Peterborough Play Off Display

That's the best OUFC banner I've ever seen. I do love the Libertines but it's the message being perfect as well. It was ace.

The ghostbusters tele waver flag another favourite.

You guys were legends. As valuable as any individual player.
Thanks mate, much appreciated! You've convinced me to come out of retirement again, I'll have a banner made before Saturday to add to the display. Luckily I can pass it over to the new group to hold it up whilst I sit under my blanket with a bovril...

Thanks mate, much appreciated! You've convinced me to come out of retirement again, I'll have a banner made before Saturday to add to the display. Luckily I can pass it over to the new group to hold it up whilst I sit under my blanket with a bovril...
Private message me pal

This may sound like good news, but to come out of retirement I will have to cover the cost of the Bovril.

This is pretty great reading about supporters working together like this…the whole 12th man notion isn’t just a load of hot air…when it looks and sounds like it has done recently and will do in the future, it really does have an impact on the players and their performance. The fallout from this is quite often a positive result.

Hopefully itll be regarding the Stadium stuation ( the banner) ... and Im glad you're 'out of retirement' @WuTang , you've been missed mate

Hopefully itll be regarding the Stadium stuation ( the banner) ... and Im glad you're 'out of retirement' @WuTang , you've been missed mate
OxVox will have the hard hitting statement stadium banner. Mine's stadium related too but ties in with music like all the old Oxford Ultras banners did as well, I'm hoping we can utilise it if there's a decent picture.

Edit: I type like it's already been made, I haven't started it yet!

Aside from the display, the big (and most important thing imo) is that there’s consistent noise coming from the East Stand which helps to generate further singing in the North and South Stands.

It was a noticeable improvement for the Peterborough home game and was consistent for the entire match. Perhaps a little less so for the Lincoln and Stevenage games.

Given the kick off time, people having a couple of beers beforehand there’s no reason it can’t be right up there. It can be hard though if it’s a nervy game.

It is amazing though how quickly people can and will join in if you’ve got a dozen or so singing loudly. Looking forward to it, well done those involved.

OxVox will have the hard hitting statement stadium banner. Mine's stadium related too but ties in with music like all the old Oxford Ultras banners did as well, I'm hoping we can utilise it if there's a decent picture.

Edit: I type like it's already been made, I haven't started it yet!
Is making banners a difficult skill? I wouldn't even know where to start. The old OU banners had a kind of European Ultra feel to them, rather than the Barmy Flags clinical feel, if you know what I mean.

Aside from the display, the big (and most important thing imo) is that there’s consistent noise coming from the East Stand which helps to generate further singing in the North and South Stands.

It was a noticeable improvement for the Peterborough home game and was consistent for the entire match. Perhaps a little less so for the Lincoln and Stevenage games.

Given the kick off time, people having a couple of beers beforehand there’s no reason it can’t be right up there. It can be hard though if it’s a nervy game.

It is amazing though how quickly people can and will join in if you’ve got a dozen or so singing loudly. Looking forward to it, well done those involved.
I'm hoping I'm wrong but I think the kick off time has the potential to make the atmosphere worse.

3 is a good kick off time. People have 3 or so hours of drinking, lunch, then ready and raring to go. On Saturday most people will be drinking all day. 3 hours of drinking compared to 7. People will be ready for bed by 7.45... 🫣

Is making banners a difficult skill? I wouldn't even know where to start. The old OU banners had a kind of European Ultra feel to them, rather than the Barmy Flags clinical feel, if you know what I mean.
Depends on the size and how you want them to look. My FA Cup banner was just black tape stuck directly onto yellow foil, took about 30-40 minutes but it isn't the prettiest and only works for quick message banners that are a certain size.

For larger, prettier displays you need to cut out letters using a blue foil and tape them onto the yellow foil. Probably the simplest, least messy way of making large banners and surfers.

Painted banners look the coolest, and have that rustic European Ultra look. Unfortunately they take ages to paint, easy to ruin halfway through, and you have to leave them out somewhere to dry which isn't easy when they're big. I can't believe we painted so many!

I'm hoping I'm wrong but I think the kick off time has the potential to make the atmosphere worse.

3 is a good kick off time. People have 3 or so hours of drinking, lunch, then ready and raring to go. On Saturday most people will be drinking all day. 3 hours of drinking compared to 7. People will be ready for bed by 7.45... 🫣
Can you never look on the upside?

Depends on the size and how you want them to look. My FA Cup banner was just black tape stuck directly onto yellow foil, took about 30-40 minutes but it isn't the prettiest and only works for quick message banners that are a certain size.

For larger, prettier displays you need to cut out letters using a blue foil and tape them onto the yellow foil. Probably the simplest, least messy way of making large banners and surfers.

Painted banners look the coolest, and have that rustic European Ultra look. Unfortunately they take ages to paint, easy to ruin halfway through, and you have to leave them out somewhere to dry which isn't easy when they're big. I can't believe we painted so many!
You deserve a Free Season ticket (+ inclusive blanket) for life mate. Legend.

Back
Top Bottom