Matches Peterborough Play Off Display

I don’t think it should be underestimated the impact of all of this great work by John Lennon and co. Thank-you…it’s quite emotional seeing and hearing the place like this.
We need to make sure that this continues. Whether it be fan donations, payments by the club, or assistance and support by additional folk who feel inclined.
I have sat for many hours during this season alone wondering what needs to happen to get us in to the second tier. I’ve had some ideas regarding the football side of things like most of us have, but this is it isn’t it!? Something proactive, tangible and controllable. Just imagine if we had rolled out this effort 23 times this season…
It’s really intangible isn’t it? A positive feeling instead of the negativity.

It’s really intangible isn’t it? A positive feeling instead of the negativity.
It’s not just a feeling. I was in a semi drunken haze but what I was getting at is as well as the general atmosphere, the players are responding on the pitch, and it could have a whole host of other benefits hence my original post.
Increased attendances, uplift in merchandise sales, sponsorship, season ticket sales, increased corporate interest, increased playing budgets, highlighting to authorities the passion and appetite that is there ahead of the new stadium, how it looks to young starlets who may want to come on loan or join permanently etc…
The faces of the children around me on Saturday, I’ve just never seen anything like it. Yes, it was good that we won, but it runs much deeper than that.
We are in control far more as a fanbase than we think we are.

Just re-watching the match on iFollow, but with the RadOx commentary as opposed to that terrible one we had to put up with on Sky.

Nice to hear the following line as the players walk out of the tunnel:

"We've got Oxford United fans with balloons and flags, and banners and surfers... the new ones including references to a potential move away from the Kassam Stadium. 'Moving where I feel I'm at home again' with a triangle sign, says one of them."

Well done everyone!

It’s important that the club learn from their previous mistakes, remember the over zealous stewards backed by a heavy handed safety officer and club officials?

If Saturday’s feel good positivity is to be nurtured and allowed to grow, a light touch from the club is needed.

It’s not just a feeling. I was in a semi drunken haze but what I was getting at is as well as the general atmosphere, the players are responding on the pitch, and it could have a whole host of other benefits hence my original post.
Increased attendances, uplift in merchandise sales, sponsorship, season ticket sales, increased corporate interest, increased playing budgets, highlighting to authorities the passion and appetite that is there ahead of the new stadium, how it looks to young starlets who may want to come on loan or join permanently etc…
The faces of the children around me on Saturday, I’ve just never seen anything like it. Yes, it was good that we won, but it runs much deeper than that.
We are in control far more as a fanbase than we think we are.

I know we all knock Sky TV but that Saturday night showcased us brilliantly. My son who is 12 was constantly having WhatsApp messages throughout from his friends who aren't Oxford fans saying how good it looked and wished they were in the crowd.

My nephew also who is 11 has asked for a season ticket next season for his birthday so he can join me and my son.

The youth is the future to grow this club.

I know we all knock Sky TV but that Saturday night showcased us brilliantly. My son who is 12 was constantly having WhatsApp messages throughout from his friends who aren't Oxford fans saying how good it looked and wished they were in the crowd.

My nephew also who is 11 has asked for a season ticket next season for his birthday so he can join me and my son.

And the new ground would allow for far more young supporters and give them.more entertainment and a far better experience before the game.

And the new ground should be the enabler, it doesn‘t belong to old farts like myself….

This is why it's so important. I was intoxicated by the atmosphere first before I began to understand the intricacies of football.

We could lead the way in this country with our tifos. Club and stewards allowing.

Back
Top Bottom