General New Head of Recruitment: Ed Waldron

We did spend money though in Jan 22, just on a player for the next season which was strange at the time and proved costly.
Another more controversial thought is that KR was on a % of transfers involving new era ?

Given how bad our last three transfer windows have been it would actually make more sense if some sort of corruption was involved, no one trying to do their best could assemble this squad if shite and nothingness.

With regard to that “Friday meeting “ I have since emailed TW to say how disappointed I was that Robinson was allowed to attend, and that it clearly inhibited discussion from that moment on. I pointed out there was real anger amongst the supporters and that it was difficult to express at the time.
That sounds a little lame now, but you had to be there to see it. It’s not difficult to appreciate how intimidating that man could be, even across the width of a table. Good points were certainly made about our dissatisfaction but when the guilty party is sitting there staring at you, then it tends to moderate the language…..
I was there and felt the same, I also sent an e mail along those lines but didn’t get a response. Having said that he would have been busy looking for a new manager at the time

But did we really push the boat out, especially with the position we were in e.g. another striker to partner/cover for Matty, the fullbacks, CDM etc.

Yes, we hung on for Browne which as you say was for this season or could have may be played at the latter end of last season if he’d been managed correctly, but again it was a signing I didn’t want, and yet again got shot down.
@uptheus looks like you’ve been shot down more times than Billy the Kid 😀

For younger members he was a legendary gunfighter

Last edited:
Which doesn’t make it a fact which is how you have stated it.

We are s**t, I don’t think anyone would dispute that, but so are the teams below us. It’s a battle of shitness, we only have to be as s**t as the s**t that is below us to stay up, if their is one thing this team can be it’s s**t so that should give us all some hope.

Obviously we can’t be to s**t, just need to be the right amount s**t.
Now that’s just a s**t post

Painful reading

A very wasteful season in many ways.

I posted a wasn't impressed by the appointment by Ed and was asked why it's it's because I feel this role should be held by an ex-pro with experience in playing and or managing in the professional game and negotiating contracts with spivvy hardballing agents. This appointment feels like a cheap appointment of a football manager type playing with data.

Lets hope I'm just dated in my views that we need more football league experience in the backroom staff and board.

Karl should jump into another job with hows he left us. NOT

We kind of did. Not many clubs in our league spent 500k in last January.

I called it out as s**t then and I still say now, Marcus Browne was not the signing we needed in January. Ellis Harrison was. Nicky Cadden was.

This January however, we just completely gave up the ghost. We didn't back or sack the manager. It was an utterly pathetic effort.

Considering how long we were supposedly interested, it doesn't look like he wanted to sign for us. So that would be somewhat irrelevant if so.

This guy deserves a bit of credit from the looks of things. I was one of those who was initially a bit concerned and underwhelmed by his promotion, especially after what we were being fed regarding the quality of candidates, but so far he appears to be doing a very decent job of working with Manning to get deals done.

Obviously we can only judge to a certain extent for now, but so far he appears to be more than holding his own, and getting business done nice and early to boot. A world away from the chaos that we had become accustomed to.

Let’s hope the new recruits are as good on the grass as they look on paper, with at least a couple more to come.

Fair play, Ed.

This guy deserves a bit of credit from the looks of things. I was one of those who was initially a bit concerned and underwhelmed by his promotion, especially after what we were being fed regarding the quality of candidates, but so far he appears to be doing a very decent job of working with Manning to get deals done.

Obviously we can only judge to a certain extent for now, but so far he appears to be more than holding his own, and getting business done nice and early to boot. A world away from the chaos that we had become accustomed to.

Let’s hope the new recruits are as good on the grass as they look on paper, with at least a couple more to come.

Fair play, Ed.

Don’t have a look who his agent is Ryan…

Fair play, Ed.
Agreed, I bet Ed is loving the new regime, it feels like Mark Thomas and Ed would have been putting in the hard work into researching players, only to be ignored by the previous manager.

Back
Top Bottom