Chairman New Head of Finance

Tim Davies was always described as Finance Director, rather than Head of Finance.

This could be an additional role though the advert doesn't mention about reporting into Finance Director, rather the it hints at reporting into the CEO (and board)

Fwiw, Tim Davies still has Director of Finance and Operations at Oxford United on his linkedin. But his name has gone from the club website.
The Board is now listed as follows on the website:
Directors
Horst Geicke
Anindya Bakrie
Sumrith ‘Tiger’ Thanakarnjanasuth
Chairman
Grant Ferguson
CEO

Tim Williams
Chief Strategy Officer
Niall McWilliams

Seem to think the FD role was a part-time role, whereas this new role looks to be full-time, so it could be ensuring a day to day focus on the financial side of the club, allowing Tim Williams to concentrate on other day to day areas as CEO. And/or Tim Davies is leaving/has left, and they don't think having a part-time director is the right way to run with it, so are recruiting a full-time "lower" post.

Last edited:
For years this was my perfect job. Head of Finance for my club. Was always my dream once I decided to be an accountant!

Not a great salary as the going rate for a Head of Finance/Finance Director in the Thames Valley should be around £100K ++. Perhaps hoping that the fan factor means they can get away with a lower package for the glory of being associated with a football club, free tickets etc.

Also, it reads as if they recognize that the planned move to the new stadium either needs a higher level of financial expertise than what has previously existed, or allows the current incumbent to focus on that whilst the new hire focuses on the day-to-day running of the Finance dept with ad-hoc support as required.

As it happens new Interview with Tim Williams CEO on What the Footie https://tr.ee/ZRIB_p4pvD
Thanks for sharing this - interesting interview. TW comes across well. Fair to say that there were a few murmurs of discontent when Tim and Grant joined the club - at least in terms of their public pronouncements. I feel like things have improved a lot in that regard.

Has Tim Davies left? It has been noticed on Companies House that he has resigned his role from Oxford Park Developments - the stadium project - updated yesterday, so has perhaps been serving a notice period, which would link to the Head of Finance ad from early October i.e. a lower role to replace some of his workload.

Back
Top Bottom