General New Head of Recruitment: Ed Waldron

This guy deserves a bit of credit from the looks of things. I was one of those who was initially a bit concerned and underwhelmed by his promotion, especially after what we were being fed regarding the quality of candidates, but so far he appears to be doing a very decent job of working with Manning to get deals done.

Obviously we can only judge to a certain extent for now, but so far he appears to be more than holding his own, and getting business done nice and early to boot. A world away from the chaos that we had become accustomed to.

Let’s hope the new recruits are as good on the grass as they look on paper, with at least a couple more to come.

Fair play, Ed.
Yup.

And in the sprit of being even-handed, I’d say that Williams and Co look to have made a good call on this and Manning.

Both could (and should) have been sorted significantly earlier, but credit where it’s due, they’ve made sensible, progressive appointments with both.

Re: Manning, it also says something that he’s seemingly happy to have Waldron quoted/filmed/photographed alongside him when signings are made. It’s about the club and its people, not all about one person (naming no names).

And in the sprit of being even-handed, I’d say that Williams and Co look to have made a good call on this and Manning.
I’ll give them credit when they stop hiding under their desks. Right after I’ve given them a paddling for last season.

I’ll give them credit when they stop hiding under their desks. Right after I’ve given them a paddling for last season.
Oh, you’d better believe that’s a paddlin’.

But all the more ridiculous that the club didn’t grasp the nettle and hold a Fans Forum this summer, given the number of good things they could and should be talking about. The silly billies.

Still, well done Waldron. Good signs.

Des would be the third head coach, Ed has worked with so far here. Could it be an interesting, joyful or bland window.

Back
Top Bottom