Ex Player McNally

Followtheox1

Forgive me, I have had a few things to deal with this week, can anyone tell me why McNally was not in the squad for Doncaster?

Robinson wanted to go with as many attacking options as possible for that game probably because of Doncaster looked really poor despite that fact they equalised they never really caused us problems we caused our own by not killing off the game before hand.

As for tomorrow’s game against MK I expect him to be back in the 18 it’s to much of a risk with the quality they have not to have him as cover if EM or JT were to get a injured

That should give us some aerial threat from set pieces with Moore and McNally I don’t know if Wigan are a big unit team but should give us some advantage

Wonder who would start RB if Long was required at CB? Hanson probably looked a bit more solid than Forde on recent showings, Williams an option too.

Wonder who would start RB if Long was required at CB? Hanson probably looked a bit more solid than Forde on recent showings, Williams an option too.

Anyone but Forde!

McNally has missed out the last few squads with a groin injury according to radio Ox

Should Long need to move to CB v Wigan the options are Hanson, Forde and, perhaps, Williams. Why the 'Anyone but Forde' comment. I would welcome your clarification.
Agree.
Forde made a mistake at Sunderland but recovered well and did OK.
Long was not entirely free from blame against MK for their goal.
I would prefer Forde to Hanson at right back but appreciate that it could be a close call.

I also think Moore didn’t do very well with the MK goal. He did the old Gary Neville offside arm aloft thing and hesitated, without the resulting hesitation that caused he may well have got his tackle in.

Agree.
Forde made a mistake at Sunderland but recovered well and did OK.
I would prefer Forde to Hanson at right back but appreciate that it could be a close call.

Also agree. Forde offers another option with set-piece delivery too, which cannot be underestimated. A very useful player.

Williams is a very interesting curveball.

I personally would have Hanson or Williams over Forde at right back, but I agree that any of the three will probably do a fine job.

Also agree. Forde offers another option with set-piece delivery too, which cannot be underestimated. A very useful player.

Williams is a very interesting curveball.
Let’s not forget at the beginning of the season Forde was excellent when playing RB whilst Long was out injured (some typical Oxford fans on here judging they’re only as good as there last game)

I also think Moore didn’t do very well with the MK goal. He did the old Gary Neville offside arm aloft thing and hesitated, without the resulting hesitation that caused he may well have got his tackle in.
Not sure what Moore was doing if you watch Taylors goal, he appears to be appealing for offside!!!!!

I think the blame for the MK goal could be shared a lot of ways.

Yes, Sam Long got a little bit over-eager on the old high press, so was caught way upfield when they did play it around us.
But then noone filled in for him (he's nowhere near as good a player as Kane & Cam, but I'd wager there's a very good chance that Gorrin would have done so if he'd been on the pitch).
Then Moore didn't react quickly enough to close down his man.
Then Eastwood didn't do a great job of making himself big and essentially let the forward pass it into the center of the goals (though Easty more than made up for it in the next 80 minutes).

On the subject of Saturday, I would also have a mild preference for Hanson over Forde. But a strong preference for McNally being fit and back ahead of either of them!

No not Hanson!!
I would pretty much rather have anyone than Hanson. The fact that he was just very average, and not entirely useless, in his two Covid games shouldn't mask the fact that he's not a L1 standard player. Almost zero positional sense, sloppy passer of the ball, terrible first touch. But he does try hard, I'll give you that.

I would pretty much rather have anyone than Hanson. The fact that he was just very average, and not entirely useless, in his two Covid games shouldn't mask the fact that he's not a L1 standard player. Almost zero positional sense, sloppy passer of the ball, terrible first touch. But he does try hard, I'll give you that.
I thought that in his two recent games at right back he was better than very average
I thought he was pretty decent and surprised me in how well he player.
I still think that Forde is a better bet though (he is far better on the ball and his dead ball delivery adds something to the team)