Ex Player Matt Taylor

'For a couple of games'.

8 goals in 17 (+5) League One appearances since he left us (a goal every 183 minutes - or 1 in 2 if you like). And for two relatively poor sides.

Not bad considering his 'legs had gone' 18 months ago.
Well yes, but 17 games in 18 months suggests some fitness issues doesn't it?

Matty has played in 39 games since leaving Oxford, for a combination of Port Vale, Forest Green and Cheltenham. Not sure how many playing minutes that equates to.

I don’t there’s any coincidence that his legs had gone under KR, but magically returned as soon as he was able to “break free”!

No conspiracy theories in that assumption however.

'For a couple of games'.

8 goals in 17 (+5) League One appearances since he left us (a goal every 183 minutes - or 1 in 2 if you like). And for two relatively poor sides.

Not bad considering his 'legs had gone' 18 months ago.

You not allowed to count the spell at Forest Green then? Makes it 9 goals since he left us which isn’t bad but he spends a lot more time injured now, is 34 and, whether you like it or not, his legs are going. We don’t need any more players in treatment room, i certainly wouldn’t want him under contract for another two years like Cheltenham have.

That's 4 goals in 4 starts (+1 sub).

At this level. This season.

To think he was written off by plenty of clueless tw*ts on here over a year ago as 'past it'.

Back from injury. First start. Massive goal.

In one moment Cheltenham go from the brink of relegation to a very strong chance of staying up.

Top class League One striker.

Back from injury. First start. Massive goal.

In one moment Cheltenham go from the brink of relegation to a very strong chance of staying up.

Top class League One striker.
Reasonable league one striker these days who is now regularly injured. Good luck to him but I’m glad he has moved on. There’s a reason he’s been playing for Forest Green and Cheltenham.

Back
Top Bottom